Preparation for laparoscopy in gynecology: how to prepare for surgery?
For diagnostics and surgery with minimal injuries laparoscopy is used. This method involves the penetration into peritoneal or pleural cavity through several punctures. Through them, introduce special instruments and diagnose and, if necessary, immediately perform the operation. If interventions are successful, you need a competent preparation for laparoscopy. She’s patient has the same responsibility as in other kind of surgery.
The application of laparoscopy in gynecology
Often a laparoscopy is carried out in gynaecology, as this type of intervention allows to preserve the reproductive health of women.
For a successful outcome of the operation before laparoscopy training is absolutely essential. It starts with the explanation the woman method of endoscopy, the need for it. At the same time there is, during laparoscopy.
Before laparoscopy should be:
- Correctly set up the woman. All patients are afraid to undergo a laparoscopy, because it is a surgery, though with minimal traumatism of tissue. At this stage, the preparation for laparoscopy is to obtain information about medical treatment, possible complications, the risks. Usually, all the information about the operation and its intricacies must provide the attending physician.
- Necessarily conducted a preliminary examination of the body. Before you assign a laparoscopy, patients performed an ultrasound and other appendages of the genital organs. Obligatory consultation of the physician, cardiologist and other specialists. According to the testimony of the physician may order other types of diagnostic tests.
- Laboratory tests. Preparing the patient for a laparoscopy involves the assignment of tests necessary to accurately determine the possibility of surgery. Laboratory examination starts six weeks before the date of intervention. Patients preparing for laparoscopic surgery given blood group, RH, biochemistry. Administrated tests for various infections. At this stage, the patients ‘ relatives have to donate blood to the blood Bank in case something in the operation goes wrong.
- To prepare the doctor and patient begins at the time of collection of anamnesis. From this stage depends on more than seventy percent of success. Such preparation for surgery can help you discover which chronic diseases are the patient, what was the trauma, allergies, drug intolerance. All these information will help to avoid complications and unexpected consequences during the procedure.
- Diet. Two weeks before the scheduled procedure, the patient should begin preparing for the laparoscopy in gynecology. In this period, adjust the power: limit fats, meats. Three days before the manipulation decreases the amount of food eaten. From this period are assigned purgative medicines to eliminate flatulence.
- The day before surgery doing enema. At this time strictly limit the amount of food and liquid. For cleaning the bowel is a preoperative enema. If the patient is inclined to constipation, then this procedure is carried out several times. This is necessary, because under the influence of anesthesia greatly relaxes the body, which can lead to spontaneous it cleansing. To avoid this, enema before surgery is necessary.
Before the manipulation the patient takes a shower with the use of special antiseptics. In the area of the proposed intervention remove hair. To shave a woman may itself, immediately before surgery, and it is possible to trust the medical staff. They shave the belly, lower abdomen, groin area completely. If a woman was shaving two days before the operation, it is necessary to repeat the procedure before the laparoscopy, because by this time the hairs will grow back.
The right attitude helps not only to carry out the procedure, but recover quickly thereafter.
The procedure for colds and cough
Quite often doctors refuse colds to laparoscopy, since it exposes the patient to the risk of prolonged postoperative recovery.
Many women who already had a cold, but they got a cough, asking the same question, is it possible to do a laparoscopy while coughing? With a planned intervention cough, respiratory catarrh, sore throat, runny nose, and other acute infections are contraindications for laparoscopy and other surgeries to remove gynecologic pathologies. However, in emergency cases the drug can prevent to carry out the operation.
Knowing how to prepare for your laparoscopy, you can avoid serious complications and shorten the rehabilitation period to a minimum.