Rehabilitation after laparoscopy ovarian cyst: postoperative period
Many women are interested in information about how is the recovery after laparoscopy ovarian cyst. Especially often it is possible to meet the questions:»How to eat» and «What not to eat» after this laparoscopic treatment.
Immediately it should be clarified, because laparoscopic methods of intervention in the body is less traumatic than those that occur in abdominal operations, and rehabilitation after surgery for ovarian cyst removal is faster. Possible complications occur less often and, at the same time, it significantly reduces the requirements for postoperative menu.
General «rules of conduct» after a laparoscopy a cyst on the ovary
The application of laparoscopy in gynecology has become a boon for women who want to give birth, and for physicians – the gold standard treatment of many female disorders. If early removal of the ovarian cyst was a full abdominal surgery and significantly reduced the possibility of further conception, while now it costs only four punctures of the abdominal wall and minimal trauma to the healthy tissue of the ovary.
However, despite the significant advantage of valesiana capsule of the cyst with the laparoscope, such women after gynecologic interventions, should be familiar with and abide by the following rules:
- Rehabilitation after laparoscopy of ovarian cysts, namely, puncture of the healing peritoneum and wounds on the body will last from 20 to 30 days. In this period, banned weight lifting, playing sports, and physical activity should be increased gradually.
- In the first 20-24 hours after anesthesia to normal manifestations include: sleepiness, weakness, vomiting, acute and moderate pain in the abdomen. It is also possible discomfort in the throat (from the anesthesia tube), vomit urination, intermittent vomiting.
- To get up after laparoscopy ovarian can after 5-7 hours. However, the abuse of physical exertion should not be, even if you feel well. The first two days so take care and get plenty of rest. These days the best treatment is rest.
- Don’t worry if after 12-20 hours after laparoscopy ovary appears is discomfort in the chest area, shoulders and/or neck. These manifestations are explainable by the penetration into the tissues of the body inert gas, which was injected into the abdominal cavity during surgery. This discomfort will pass in a day or two, and at this time will help ordinary analgesics.
- Menstruation after smoothing of cystic or cyst removal can begin at the usual time, but it will be unusually heavy and painful. Period could begin ahead of time, then they will remind you daub or kroviste selection.
- You should wear loose clothing, and places of laparoscopic punctures daily to treat antiseptic solution of potassium permanganate or chlorhexidine. For most women, the punctures heal in 10 days.
- Done laparoscopic surgery of ovarian cyst in the postoperative period imposes a ban on sex life for 14-20 days. Take a bath, pool, beach, sauna, and perform long journeys or flights, it is strongly recommended that before the end of rehabilitation.
- Diet after laparoscopy of ovarian cysts requires special attention. Its principles will be discussed below.
Advice from a gynecologist-surgeon. In any case do not remove even a few minutes of compression stockings. Despite the discomfort and apparent uselessness, does not follow the examples of those operated on women who took the stockings before the doctor recommended period of time. Compression stockings – is the best defense against the development of varicose veins and thrombophlebitis, which then have to be treated, in most cases, surgically.
Diet regime and nutrition
What can I eat after a laparoscopy? After such a minimally invasive intervention to drink non-carbonated water at room temperature almost immediately, but in small quantities and in small SIPS. But to eat better the next day – start with a small amount of boiled vegetables, slimy soup or steam chicken cutlets. If you suffer heartburn, not «sedate» her oatmeal or crackers, and take omeprazole.
Many doctors claim that a certain diet after the surgery does not exist. You only need to refuse alcohol and fractionally eat light food in small portions, not drinking their water. This is not entirely true. According to their own requirements for post-operative nutrition, diet after laparoscopy ovarian cyst is similar to the diet appointed by the nutritionists with the tendency to flatulence and constipation.
Diet for prone to flatulence provides 1 hungry day in 7-10 days. During the fasting from food the day, you can drink alkaline mineral water without gas or herbal tea. In order to get rid of gas, you should heat the water type Borjomi, Essentuki-4, luzhanskaya, up to 42 degrees. For making herbal infusions is better to take the seed of fennel, chamomile, cinnamon, cardamom and ginger.
Another recommendation of nutritionists is to separate the consumption of beverages and solid food. To drink fluids should be at least 30 minutes, but better 1 hour before eating, and after 1-1,5 hours after. No harm will be a reminder that the amount of alcohol-free liquid should be within one to two liters per day. Drink before bed and at night is not recommended.
To the usual diet can come back 30 days after laparoscopic surgery. However, two rules of power – fractional to eat smaller portions, separately, to eat protein and carbohydrate-containing products, it is better to stick to in the future.
Note. Many do not know that the increased gas-formation is facilitated by the adoption of cold food and drink. Therefore, in order to diet effectively, eat warm meals and drink beverages at room temperature.
Postoperative symptoms requiring referral to a specialist
In conclusion, we should specify which symptoms and effects of health after treatment and discharge from hospital require from the woman an immediate appeal to the doctor:
- Intense pain in the lower abdomen. Pain in ovary after laparoscopy is only valid for 12-18 hours.
- Pain, marked redness or suppuration in places punctures.
- White, yellow, or green discharge from the vagina.
- Pursuing the occurrence of nausea. Vomiting lasting for several hours.
- The rise in body temperature above 38 degrees that does not subside and lasts for more than 24 hours.
- Confusion, pre-existing conditions, persistent fatigue.
A quick request for assistance reduces the likelihood of complications, and thus increases the chances of a successful pregnancy in the future. In General observed by a gynecologist should be within 12 months after surgery.