The second ultrasound in pregnancy: what are you watching, terms
Pregnancy ultrasound has become the primary diagnostic procedure for antenatal fetal development at different stages. For the entire period of pregnant women without complications, undergo three routine ultrasound examination. If the pregnancy is complicated, then the gynecologist may prescribe additional screening. The ultrasound diagnosis is not only effective but also the safest for monitoring pregnant women at different stages.
The second routine ultrasonographic examination, at what time better to do?
In the second trimester of pregnancy, do an ultrasound to find out how baby develops, to conduct a survey of the uterus. Doctor of ultrasonic diagnostics checks the location of the placenta and that the fetus has no abnormalities.
The gynecologist does the ultrasound diagnosis, studying all the necessary settings, makes the measurements of the fetus, and then shows the baby on the monitor his parents.
During the examination the doctor checks the number of live embryos, captures the heartbeat and the heart rate, condition of the placenta and amniotic fluid. He also carefully considers the structure of internal organs and their location, check all parts of the body (face, arms, legs, fingers, body) for the presence of abnormalities. At this period the doctor can clearly see the sex of the fetus and with the consent of his parents, he will tell them the sex of the baby.
On the ultrasound monitor all the internal organs are examined in cross section. When scanning the kid has seen all the bones and even the rudiments of the future teeth, on the screen of the ULTRASONIC scanner they are white and soft tissue is gray. The amniotic fluid around the fetus is visualized in black.
The doctor ultrasound when examined carefully considers first the face (lips, nose, eyes, forehead, chin) then the brain, the bones of the skull. Then heart, stomach, kidneys, intestines, liver, bladder, lungs. Measuring handles, legs, length from the top of the head to the coccyx, the circumference of the chest, abdomen, head. Studying the structure of the placenta and determine its maturity (until the third semester, the norm is 2 degree). Inspection of the umbilical cord, counts the number of blood vessels in it. Normal umbilical cord has one vein and two arteries, but sometimes the exception of one artery, one vein (this condition does not affect the fetus).
Normal weight is approximately 300-400 grams and growth (CTE) — 16-19 inches.
What abnormalities are shown for abortion:
- lack of limbs the baby;
- disability is not treatable or compatible with life after birth;
- diseases requiring long-term operation;
- if the child after birth will not be able to live without the use of special equipment to sustain life.
If ultrasound was detected abnormalities in the child, in which it is recommended to terminate the pregnancy, not long to delay the decision. Because after the twenty-fifth week, obstetrician-gynecologists with caution agree to this procedure. The gynecologist may prescribe to re-ultrasound imaging for more precise diagnosis and tracking of dynamics.
Transcript of ultrasound
After uzist GYN conducted an ultrasound diagnosis, it fills the research Protocol. In it the doctor writes the main parameters and the biometric data of the baby. How to understand that the child is developing normally? This requires decryption, then there is an explanation to each entry in the document.
The transcript of the Protocol ultrasound:
- Fruit. In this column notes the number of embryos and their (his) state.
- The previa. It is noted here, in what position is the baby in the uterus (head, pelvic, transverse, unstable, oblique). In the second semester of this item does not play a role, because a baby is small in size and can several times a day to roll over in the uterus. The presentation pay attention at the third ULTRASOUND examination. In the last weeks of pregnancy the baby should take its anatomically correct location to birth canal is the head.
- Biparietal size (BDP). The length is measured from one temporal bone to the other.
- Fronto-occipital size (LZR). Measurement is made of the distance from the occipital to the frontal region.
- Head circumference (HC).
- The belly diameter (ID) or abdominal circumference (RC).
- Thigh length (THL).
- The size of the heart (RS).
- The size of the cerebellum (RM).
- The diameter of the chest (Dgrk).
- The estimated mass of the body.
- The expected growth.
- Estimated duration of pregnancy. Denoted in weeks.
- The growth of the fetus compared to previous values.
- The presence of fetal malnutrition.
- The constitutional peculiarities of the development of the fetus. Rate contain example values for each week of antenatal development of the child.
- The rapid development of the baby is considered normal for the boundary between the second and third trimester of pregnancy.
- The presence of abnormalities in development (congenital defects).
- The umbilical cord. How many vessels she has, the presence of entanglement (in the second trimester a deviation from the norm is not considered).
- Heart rate (HR) in this period is 110-180 beats per minute. Towards the end of pregnancy the number of cuts decreases.
- The placenta. In this column to indicate its location. Front — the front of the uterus. Rear location — on the back side. Previa means that the placenta covers the cervix (the most dangerous location, at any time, you can begin the detachment of the placenta).
Using this information, the gynecologist will be able to make an objective assessment of fetal development. If there are any abnormalities, the doctor will be able to react in time and prescribe the necessary treatment or refer to hospital.
In all the results of ultrasound screening in the second trimester of pregnancy need to remain calm and to follow the recommendations of the gynecologist. If the diagnosis showed a very low location of the placenta in the uterus, then you should refrain from distant trips and try not to make any sudden movements, and in the presence of even very small bleeding you must immediately consult a doctor.