Ultrasound at 4 weeks pregnant: is it necessary?
Pregnancy is a beautiful and long-awaited period in a woman’s life. Many couples are thrilled the moment when a quick test will show two strips. At what time the girl finds out about your position? When you first do an ultrasound?
First trimester (conception to 13 weeks) is the most responsible for women. Despite the fact that she doesn’t always know about the birth of a new life, particularly in the first few months, can harm the embryo to adverse conditions of the mother, alcohol consumption, Smoking, some medicines.
Ultrasound in such a small period of time is usually not performed in pregnancy, but routinely about the diagnosis of other diseases of the pelvic organs.
In some cases, doing an ultrasound at 4 weeks?
There are medical condition that causes a woman to visit a doctor-sonology, as she will see the positive test.
- Increased risk of ectopic pregnancy after already once postponed an ectopic pregnancy and a single fallopian tube after treatment of tubal infertility.
- A suspicion of trophoblastic disease – a condition in which there is a meeting of a defective germ cells; in this case, the normal formation of the embryo impossible, instead is abnormal tissue growth on the tumor type.
If the lady does not suffer from women’s diseases, watching their intimate health and undergo regular preventive examination by a gynecologist, there is no fear of these States.
You should not perform ultrasound without any evidence and preliminary consultation with the doctor. In the case of physiological pregnancy visit the office ultrasound is not earlier than 10 weeks.
What will the ultrasound show at such an early time?
In the obstetric period of 4 weeks can be assessed by the following indicators:
- the condition of the uterus – its size, tone, amount of blood vessels;
- the size of the cervix and its willingness to hold the pregnancy;
- the size of the corpus luteum in one of the ovaries;
- the presence of yolk SAC;
- the presence and location of the embryo, how much is its length.
The expectant mother will not be able to see your baby’s heartbeat – heart tube of the embryo begins to pump blood only 6 weeks.
The validity of the study depends on many factors:
- the accuracy of the calculated period of pregnancy;
- the skill of the doctor-analoga;
- the resolution of the apparatus.
If you are not able to confirm the pregnancy, it is recommended to repeat the study in the absence of menstruation in 7-14 days. During this time, the embryo will grow, and it’s better to be seen.
How do ultrasound at 4 weeks pregnant?
A diagnostic procedure is performed in exactly the same way as ultrasound of the pelvic organs. The patient undresses, as for a pelvic exam, lays down on the clean diaper on the couch. First the doctor examines her through the front wall of the abdomen. Then change the sensor to thinner vaginal, puts a condom on it and studying the reproductive organs of women, by typing it into the vagina. The whole procedure is absolutely painless.
It is recommended to have with itself:
- a clean diaper, you want to lay on the couch before the study;
- a small towel or napkin to remove from the surface of the abdomen a conductive gel at the end of the procedure;
- a clean pair of socks to avoid cold feet during the study;
- a condom for vaginal examination;
- passport and medical insurance policy, if you attend the state clinic.
Preparation for the procedure is performed as for a pelvic ultrasound:
- for a day or two are excluded from the diet foods that increase flatulence (brown bread, cabbage, whole milk powder, bean);
- 1 hour before the test you need to drink 1 liter of water and not to urinate, because the liquid in the bladder will improve the ultrasound signal;
- immediately before the examination to conduct the hygiene of the external genitalia.
Thus, ultrasound at 4 weeks of pregnancy performed by a physician if you suspect some pathology of pregnancy. At this time it is too early to judge the condition of the embryo – it is too small. A woman is not supposed to come for the procedure only for the sake of interest without first consulting with your doctor.