Ultrasound of the heart in children
Ultrasound of the heart children is a modern and effective method of diagnosis in the cardiology industry. The study will help to confirm or exclude the presence of abnormalities of the heart and vascular system.
All becomes clear when considering indisputable advantages of this technique in diagnosing diseases:
Ultrasound of the heart to the newborn to do in such cases:
- if the doctor listening to heart of a baby, revealed the presence of noises, it is extremely important to immediately do an ultrasound of the heart;
- if you felt the shake over the region of the heart;
- in the presence of aching, pulling or stabbing pain in the heart;
- to do a cardiac ultrasound is recommended if the child is not nursing;
- is suspected a heart problem and to make us, if during crying or sucking in infants are cyanotic nasolabial region;
- you should be alerted unreasonably cold hands and feet toddler;
- loss of consciousness is another reason why it is necessary to conduct the study. Even if the child lost consciousness after a heavy physical activity, it is still important to treat pecialist;
- heavy sweating;
- when a child is observed lethargy, weakness, fatigue;
- little body weight;
- frequently occurring inflammatory processes in the lungs;
- frequent complaints of soreness on the left side in the chest area;
- as planned tests. Children one year of age should be required to undergo a ultrasound of the heart;
- severe shortness of breath;
- delayed physical development;
- the presence of pathological changes on the electrocardiogram;
- pulsation of the cervical veins;
- dry cough with no signs of acute respiratory disease;
- prolonged low-grade fever on the background of the «relaxed» throat and no other signs of a viral infection;
- the presence of cardiac related pathologies is another reason at least once a year to do a diagnostic procedure.
The survey does not require special training. If it is necessary to examine the infant before the procedure, it should be feed, so he lay quiet.
During the heart ultrasound and the baby is lying on his back. Previously the chest area smeared with special gel, which drive the sensor. The gel is absolutely neutral for the baby and does not contain any medicinal substances. That guarantees complete safety.
The results of the study will have no effect if the baby can talk or move. The procedure itself does not take much time, all will take a maximum of 20 minutes.
The results should decipher highly qualified specialist. Ideally, you can bring the doctor the results of the stress test, and urinalysis and blood.
The procedure is painless, so the child will not feel any discomfort.
Is this a study heart safe method or does it is fraught with some danger? Can affirmatively state that the research will not harm the child’s health and it can safely do. For it uses imperceptible vibrations mechanical waves and not radiation, as in x-ray, so of life and health it will not affect.
What can be diagnosed?
The examination helps to diagnose the following pathology:
- cancer problems;
- disorders in the muscular shell of the body (increased or decreased volume, inflammation, etc.);
- the etiology (cause) of the noise in the heart;
- the presence of fluid in the heart bag;
- heart disease (congenital and acquired);
Rules vary depending on the age of the baby. So, at newborns the norm is fundamentally different from that of adolescents.
Norms in children under 14 years already match those of an adult. The performance of the bodies that have been identified at the time of diagnosis, may be determined by the specialist according to the individual plan, and therefore the norms of each individual can be different. Evaluating the results, an experienced doctor evaluates them together with many other factors, among which an important role is clinical symptoms.