What do anesthesia during a laparoscopy?
Laparoscopy is a widely used method of performing surgery on internal organs of the abdomen and pelvis. It is used to conduct a variety of operations – from removal of the gallbladder containing stagnant bile and stones, before the removal of uterine fibroids. The advantage of this method is more rapid rehabilitation of patients and the relatively low risk of early and late complications. Adequate anesthesia during a laparoscopy, can reduce the level of stress to the body of the patient and to provide an additional reduction in the risk of adverse effects.
What is laparoscopy?
This medical manipulation is carried out for therapeutic or diagnostic purposes. This kind of surgery on abdominal cavity performed through a small puncture in the anterior abdominal wall using a laparoscope and special tools. Introduced into the cavity of the abdomen and surgical tools allow the surgeon in various ways, the most common of which are the laparoscopic gallbladder removal of the inflamed vermiform Appendix, examination of the fallopian tubes.
Reducing the risk of complications from anesthesia during a laparoscopy, may, through proper preparation of the patient. For this purpose the following recommendations:
- Patients preparing for laparoscopic gall-bladder, cysts of the ovary or other organs should be examined from related professionals (neurologist, cardiologist, etc.), as well as to conduct laboratory studies of blood and urine tests to detect diseases of the internal organs.
- That patients were not afraid of surgical intervention, it is important that the surgeon and anaesthetist spoke to them and explained the upcoming surgery and the possible risks.
- The day before anesthesia during a laparoscopy, gall bladder and other organs, begins medical training, which includes sedatives.
- It is important to have a colon cleansing by using enemas or special medical funds, and also to adhere to a particular diet.
High-quality training to the use of anesthesia to achieve good mental attitude of the person, but also to significantly reduce the risk of early and late complications.
If the patient is afraid of the upcoming intervention, the surgeon needs to speak with him and to further the training of the patient.
Types of anesthesia
Many patients ask the question, under what anesthesia are doing a laparoscopy because you are afraid of surgery and possible pain. During such operations may apply several types of anesthesia, from General anesthesia and ending with block anesthesia:
- The most common type of anesthesia – General anesthesia, which can be mask, intubation (endotracheal anesthesia) or intravenously. With the variety of anesthesia the patient is completely disconnected consciousness, and disappear pain reflexes. This allows the surgeon to be manipulated with maximum efficiency in the absence of the need to control the human reaction to ongoing manipulation. Similar analgesia requires postoperative monitoring of patients, namely how he’s recovering from anesthesia after a laparoscopy.
- Methods epidural anesthesia are primarily used during operations on the pelvic organs, for example, if the necessary anesthesia during a laparoscopy for cysts of the ovary. Thus the patient remains conscious and may be afraid laparoscopy, which adversely affects the cardiovascular and respiratory systems.
- Local anaesthesia for laparoscopy as the primary method of anesthesia is not used due to the fact that it acts only on the skin and subcutaneous tissue. This type of anesthesia performed for numbing the skin at the site of puncture for introduction of the laparoscope and manipulators.
It is important to note that the use of General anesthesia during laparoscopy is often combined with artificial ventilation of the lung. This feature allows you to monitor life threatening emergencies functions of humans and provides a shorter rehabilitation period after anesthetic benefits.
Small operations carried out by laparoscopy, such as wearing only a diagnostic can be carried out using multiasistencia. It is a method of controlled anesthesia. Multianalyte includes the use of multiple drugs administered as infusion (intravenously) and by conventional injection.
The final answer to the question of which type of anesthesia to use in this patient is given only by the attending physician, after conducting a full clinical examination of the patient.
The use of anesthesia
The main method of anesthesia during endoscopic operations in the abdominal cavity – endotracheal anesthesia. This type of anesthesia allows you to make the operation as safe as possible for the patient, and also creates for the operating team, comfortable working conditions:
- The patient feels absolutely no pain and does not retain memories of the operation. The surgeon does not have any restrictions on time and knows what anesthesia can dramatically disappear.
- Conduct artificial lung ventilation facilitates the conduct of operations on the abdominal cavity due to the possibility of the control of breathing.
- Used drugs can achieve a good effect with low risk of side effects. The most optimal use of inhaled medications of the new generation Isoflurane, Sevoflurane, etc.
Such peculiarities of application of General anesthesia during the operations makes the procedure safe and highly effective that will certainly have a positive impact on the health of the patient.
Thus, most often by laparoscopy with the aim of anesthesia used anesthesia. Carried out by intravenous injection of drugs through a mask or tracheal intubation it allows us to achieve high security and optimal conditions of anesthesia.