Boiled Pollack, and fried — calorie 100 grams of fish and how to watch my figure
As you know, fish is very useful product for human life. No wonder the residents of sea and ocean coasts, whose diet is rich in fish and seafood, are health and rarely suffer from strokes, heart attacks, obesity and other problems which occur in Europeans.
The fact that seafood and fish are sources of healthy omega-3 and omega-6 polyunsaturated fatty acids. They serve as antioxidants and prevent aging, heart attacks and strokes. Therefore, it is very important to the diet of any person included fish. The exception is people who suffer allergic reactions to seafood.
One of inexpensive fish available to the wide masses of the population, is Pollock. This species is one of the main in the Russian fisheries. It is caught mainly in the Northern latitudes of the Pacific ocean. Pollock is the representative of the cod family. Usually individuals are caught weighing 1 to 2 kg, but is found at a depth of Pollack weighing 5 kg. This is not surprising because the life expectancy of Pollock over ten years. However, in recent years, the catch of this species declined due to the reduction in its population, owing to the activity of its catch earlier.
Nutritional value of Pollock
Pollack useful by the fact that, despite all its contained nutrients, the product has few calories. The caloric value of Pollock is only 71,9 kcal per 100 grams of product. Like most of the fish caught in the North sea Pollack in its composition contains a lot of vitamins, polyunsaturated and monounsaturated fatty acids, and other minerals.
Fish meat contains vitamins E, PP, A, C, B, and also the following trace elements:
Vitamin A is found in liver, even more than in cod liver oil. It is recommended to use seriously ill for rehabilitation and prevention, as well as smokers.
This fish is useful for people with problems of the thyroid gland due to the presence of the required amount of iodine and selenium, and polyunsaturated and monounsaturated fatty acids. This composition is well normalizes metabolism. Good fish for pregnant women, the elderly and those who are experiencing deficiency of iodine in the body.
Due to its composition, this fish is useful to improve the functioning of the nervous system and the digestive system, reduce cholesterol in the blood and normalize blood pressure.
Nutritionists recommend Pollack in the fight against obesity, as the product has a small calorie.
Enough at least twice a week to eat the fish, and you’ll see how positively it will affect your health.
Despite its usefulness, the Alaska Pollock is not too popular because of the taste. Many think it is dry and tasteless.
Methods of preparation
Pollack is widely used in cooking, it is possible to prepare tasty and nutritious meals. Cook fish in several ways:
- Boiled fish is the most dietary preparation. The calorie content of this fish will be 70-71 kcal per 100 grams. To this end, the pieces fall into salted boiling water (you can add a little spice) and cooked for 5-10 minutes. Served with rice, boiled potatoes or simply with vegetable salad. You can use soy sauce.
- Fried Pollock is the most common variant of preparation. Fish salted, purchase, dipped in flour and fried in a pan with oil until tender. Can still slightly damp, adding fried onions and tomato sauce. If Pollock fried calorie increase and will amount to about 125-130 calories. In tomato sauce – 140-150 calories.
- Steaming. Pieces of prepared fish salt, lightly pepper, sprinkle with lemon juice and cook for a couple 10-15 min Calorie content is 80 calories. This dish is considered a dietary. It is useful for people with different types of diseases that contraindicated the use of fried and fatty foods, as well as those who are watching their figure.
- The caloric value of the baked product is 100 kcal per 100 grams. Prepared fish wrapped in foil for baking and bake until tender, 20 minutes. You can bake the fish with vegetables, sour cream and cheese. It will add calories, but the taste will be incomparably better.
- Steamed Pollock. Seafood can be fried and put out. You can take slices of raw fish, place them in a pan with a thick bottom, prisolit, sprinkle with lemon juice, add some water and simmer for 10-15 minutes under the lid. The calorie content of this fish is almost cooked – 75 kcal.
- You can prepare minced fish and fry or cook for a couple of burgers. Grind in a meat grinder fillet, add egg, starch, salt, pepper. To form patties and put in the steamer, or dip them in flour or breadcrumbs, if you plan to fry. Cook steamed for 15 min. Fry until cooked.
Meals of Pollock variety for every taste. If you care about the calorie content of the product, additives the minimum. If it’s not too think calories combining fish with other products, you can get a lot of useful and tasty dishes.