Diet during gallstone disease: eating habits in the period of exacerbation and gallstones
If the patient was set the diagnosis as gallstone disease (acute or chronic cholecystitis) and was detected stones in the gallbladder, an important component of treatment is following a special diet. Her need to adhere to after the treatment of an illness or surgery. In the period of exacerbation the diet should be very sparing.
When prescribed a diet № 5
Gallstone disease almost never appears separately. So the inflammation in the gallbladder associated with other pathologies that concern the following bodies:
- the liver;
- cardiovascular system;
- nervous system.
Diet number 5 is assigned to the following diseases:
- Stones in the gallbladder.
What is included in this diet, what are its features and how to respect the period of exacerbation of the disease, we’ll find out next.
Recommendations on diet in cholelithiasis
If cholelithiasis or gallstones is necessary in the eating plan to abide by the following rules:
- The energy value of daily ration must be between 2 thousand to 2500 kcal, which is determined physiological characteristics of the organism during this period.
- Intake of carbohydrates should be in the range of 300-350 years, fats — 90 g. and protein — 90, respectively. Remember that if there are stones in the gallbladder the most serious possible provocateur of exacerbations is too oily and fried foods.
- Do not allow overeating.
- Foods should be neither hot nor cold, eat everything warm.
- Practice fractional power in small portions 6 times a day.
- Be sure to exclude from the diet of refractory fats and stimulants of gastric secretion and the pancreas. It is spices, supplements, foods with a high content of cholesterol and essential oils.
- The basis of nutrition are vegetables and fruits.
- Fried strictly prohibited, prepare food for a couple, cook and sometimes bake.
What fruit is allowed and what is not cholelithiasis
In the presence of stones in the gallbladder and cholecystitis need to follow a diet, which, though allowed to eat fruits, but not all. When diet number 5 should be excluded from the diet following of sour fruits and berries:
- apples sour varieties;
- plum and cherry plums;
Valid at stones in the gallbladder fruits such:
- Apples sweet varieties;
But the grapes it is best to cancel. The fact that on the background of gallstone disease and gall stones, the patient may experience diseases of the digestive system in the form of pancreatitis, or gastritis. Therefore, it is necessary to remove from the diet foods that can cause inflammation and fermentation bodies. Among include grapes, black bread, kvass, cabbage and others.
Listen to yourself, if after or other fruit you feel discomfort in your stomach need from him or to refuse or reduce consumption.
Vegetables with gallstones
As for vegetables, in case of cholecystitis and gallstones there is no restriction. But you should carefully consider cabbage cabbage raw. If the background of gallstone disease did not appear pancreatitis to use.
And when you suffer from disorders of the pancreas, the cabbage must be boiled or baked. Even sauerkraut is allowed, but not too acidic.
No worries, eat the following vegetables:
- Green peas.
Tomatoes you can, but not during the period of exacerbation, the skin should be cut and do not overeat them. Excluded tomatoes in salt and pickled. Legumes in this diet are eliminated, but they can be in small portions is in remission.
Allowable beverages for stones in gallbladder
So, you found that gallstone disease need to follow a diet that excludes sharp, preserved, fatty and fried foods. What you can drink? Allowed during this period, such drinks:
- fruit teas;
- diluted fruit and vegetable juices (preferably beet, carrot and tomato);
- broth hips;
- mineral water without gas;
- green tea.
Mineral water should be drunk half an hour before meals, drink natural tea, not tea bags. But coffee, especially soluble, cholelithiasis dangerous as chicory. It has on the gastric mucosa not less harmful.
From coffee, even natural, it is best to give, if on a background of stones in the gallbladder you suffer from diseases of the stomach and pancreas. If this is not possible, then limit the concentration of the beverage, mix it with milk and do not drink on an empty stomach.
Strictly forbidden in this diet cold drinks, especially with ice; alcohol in any form. If there is no aggravation and pain, then allowed to 50 grams of dry high-quality wine, but only when you want to drink it.
The list of permitted and prohibited foods when dieting
When dieting on the background of gallstone disease, it is desirable to introduce into your diet with such healthy foods and meals:
- Dairy products contain calcium and proteins, as well as creating a more alkaline environment, bile and prevent its thickening and viscosity (cheese, cottage cheese, yogurt).
- To bile acids normally protezirovanie, you need to eat fish and lean meat varieties, eggs, olive oil and other vegetable oil.
- To reduce the process of crystallization of bile, the body requires products with a high content of vitamins A, b and C (fruit, vegetables and berries).
- Products containing magnesium (oatmeal, millet, buckwheat, barley grits, dried fruit).
- To improve intestinal motility and to prevent constipation you need to eat beets and prunes, and foods with fiber.
- Soups without meat.
- Mineral water.
Banned the following products:
- meat and fatty fish;
- animal fats and products that contain them (e.g., butter);
- fatty sauces (e.g., mayonnaise);
- the yolk of the egg;
- fried foods;
- canned food (meat and fish);
- fish and meat broths;
- mushroom soup;
- sweet pastry;
- sour berries and fruits;
- catasterismi and cocoa products (chocolate);
- alcoholic beverages;
- hot spices and seasonings;
- vinegar marinades;
- acidic and carbonated drinks.
Menu diet № 5 for the day might look something like this:
- Breakfast curd pudding, oatmeal, olive oil, natural tea with milk.
- Second Breakfast — sweet Apple.
- Lunch — soup with vegetable broth, steamed carrots with olive oil, boiled meat, broth from the hips.
- Afternoon tea — a decoction of rose hips, dietary bread or crackers.
- Dinner — boiled potatoes, boiled fish, vegetable patties, carrots and cabbage in vegetable oil, tea.
- 2 hours before bedtime — yogurt.
Treatment with diet is one and a half years. All the ingredients and ingredients can be changed, but to comply with the General guidelines of a diet is necessary.
If there is a period of exacerbation of gallstone disease, practicing a special diet called diet number 5A. The duration of the compliance is up to two weeks, then the patient should return to normal diet. Diet menu during exacerbation may be similar to the following:
- Breakfast — semolina porridge, omelette, protein-based, tea with milk.
- Second Breakfast — porridge with buckwheat groats, olive oil, meat patties steam, stale white bread and tea.
- Lunch — half portion of soup on vegetable broth with rice, boiled chicken, buckwheat porridge in vegetable oil, a dessert-jelly with milk.
- Dinner — mashed potatoes, boiled fish, tea with milk.
- 2 hours before bedtime — yogurt.
As you can see, in cholelithiasis to improve the condition you need to follow quite strict diet, which implies rejection of many products. Of course, you should limit yourself will be extremely difficult. But the only way you prevent the formation of stones in the gallbladder or stop the ongoing process, and will also reduce the risk of surgical intervention.