Energy value and caloric content of eggs: characteristics and components, bdim product
Eggs are one of the most consumed products of animal origin. Love them in different forms – boiled, fried and even raw, they are part of different dishes, which are irreplaceable at any table. The culture of consumption of this product from different birds originated in ancient times.
Since in different countries there are farms where poultry contain not only for meat but for eggs. Chicken and other egg consists of yolk and albumen.
Chicken eggs in cooking
The components of the chicken (and other) eggs – the yolk and white differ from each other dramatically, not only in terms of taste and composition. For culinary purposes they are often used separately and not together for the preparation of certain dishes. They are subjected to different heat treatments. In cooking, use the following:
- used as ingredient for beverages;
- used as ingredients for making cakes, pastries and other desserts.
Boiled chicken eggs after undergoing heat treatment is used as a finished product, they also throw in this in soups, main dishes, as well as in snacks and salads, they are stuffed with meat or fish dishes.
If we talk about boiled chicken eggs, they are very good for the body, although characterized by high caloric content. So, one piece of boiled product contains such components as:
- vitamins a, b, E, D, K and PP.
The caloric value of boiled hard-boiled eggs is about 160 kcal. So, one piece weighing about 55 g includes 87 kcal. However, they can be big and small, all depends on the category of products. So, eggs of the highest category weighs about 75 g and has a calorie content of 120 kcal, and the third category is approximately 35 g and 56 kcal, respectively.
If you boil the soft-boiled product, its caloric value and energy value as a whole will not change. One piece will contain 0.5 kcal less than in the previous case. So you can cook it the way you want without worrying about its caloric content and energy value.
If you are dieting for weight loss and prefer to only protein, and its calorie is low. 100 grams of protein accounts for only about 20 calories. With regard to the composition of this part of the chicken eggs, but 90 percent water and 10 percent protein.
If we talk about the yolk, and its structure, but it consists of predominant lipids:
- monosaturated acids;
- polysaturated acids.
Cholesterol should not be afraid, just a little. But the value of the yolk is about 60 calories.
Many people like not only chicken, but also duck, goose and quail eggs. Calorie goose and duck product is 185 kcal, and quail – about 168 calories. Quail, though very small, are able to fill your daily requirement of many nutrients. And they are not as susceptible to Salmonella, unlike chicken.
A love not boiled, and fried. But remember that the dish is based on one fried egg includes as many as 350 kcal, which is almost 5 times higher than the rate of cooked product.
Energy value of eggs
Most nutritionists recommend eating them for Breakfast as they occupy second place after dairy in terms of benefit and calorie content. PFC looks like this:
- proteins (12.5 g);
- fats (10 g);
- carbohydrates (1.2 g).
The product also contains mineral salts, vitamins and other nutrients. As already mentioned, the greatest benefit is an egg, hard-boiled.
Most of the weight product is fats – more than 60 percent. Proteins also occupy a third of the mass of the product, and carbohydrates are virtually absent.
For those who are actively involved in sports, it is recommended to eat only egg whites. It contains only the necessary substances and proteins to build muscles, and still entirely missing the fats and carbohydrates. But, on the other hand, in one squirrel not so much useful as in the egg as a whole. But even from one protein to make a delicious omelette or scrambled eggs with vegetables or cheese to a minimum amount of oil.
Boiled eggs: the harm and the benefit of a product
We have considered above, the composition of the boiled eggs from which you can see how this product is rich in minerals and vitamins. A lot of doctors and nutritionists say how useful this product is in dietary nutrition and also in health care in a number of diseases. I should add that the beneficial properties, and organoleptic and nutritional characteristics of this product depend primarily on its variety.
Boiled eggs in cooking, often preparing three types, in this form this product has minimal calories and most benefit:
- «in the bag».
However, eggs are not always helpful, sometimes they can be harmful to the body. Don’t forget that they contain a lot of cholesterol that can be dangerous to human health. So boiled eggs, that they bring only benefits that should be consumed in moderation.
Contraindications to the consumption of the product
Despite the usefulness and high value of the eggs, to get involved with them is not worth it. Very often it can appear allergic to them, and strong enough. The source of the Allergy is always the yolk. In such cases it is recommended to cook egg dishes based on protein that is low calorie and contains a lot of useful components. Even if Allergy symptoms do not pass after elimination of egg yolk from the diet, try to switch to quail eggs, which are not as allergenic as chicken.
With extreme caution you need to use this product if you have:
- problems with the liver;
- the propensity to atherosclerosis;
- elevated levels of cholesterol in the blood.
To satisfy the body’s need natural the albumen and yolk have enough eggs to just 2 times a week. Sometimes, but rarely, you can meet allergic to proteins, but then people can eat not only eggs, but also chicken, and other foods that contain protein. And he is present in almost all cakes and pastries.
To avoid being infected with Salmonella, the product should be subjected to heat treatment and washed under running water.
Interesting and useful facts about chicken eggs
Despite a number of contraindications, this product like almost all, because it is very tasty and is prepared very simply. Give some interesting facts about him:
- there is no consensus of nutritionists as to how many possible pieces to use during the week. Basically saying that from 2 to 4, though many eat much more;
- it is proved that a chicken egg is able to reduce cancer occurrence of breast cancer in women, but such prevention is necessary to use them every day, but this contradicts the first fact. Now, we need to decide what is more important to you;
- many people believe that weight loss is this product in the morning can not eat due to its high calorie content, but an experiment was conducted where women who eat their Breakfast in two pieces, lose weight much faster than those who consume other products in the morning. Scientists believe that this result is the work of proteins that give a feeling of satiety for a long time;
- if you cooked the product is boiled, it should be eaten as soon as possible, and a hard-boiled egg can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 4 hours. After that, all the valuable components of the product begin to slowly crumble and absorb the yolks and whites of the digestive tract will be more difficult;
- to when cooked, the shell is not cracked egg should long for salty dip in cold water;
- cooking them takes no more than 10 minutes. So they do not change the color of the yolk on the green and whites will not allocate the sulfide.
Despite the high calorie content, eggs are extremely healthy and boiled may be regarded as a dietary product. Naturally, it is necessary to observe reasonable limits in their consumption.