How many calories in butter: calorie content of the product in grams
Butter is incredibly delicious, it is a key product derived from cow’s milk. However, he is a greater concentration of milk fat, which is about 80 percent.
Today we will tell you how many calories are in butter to which it may be subdivided and whether it is useful for weight loss.
Classification of butter
Milk fat contained therein, are very nutritious and healthy. However, the energy of this creamy product is quite high. On average, it is about 748 calories per 100 grams of product.
It is salted and unsalted. In the presence of salt, the shelf life is longer, it can also be of such varieties:
However, this is not the only classification of butter. It can also be sweet , that is made on the basis of fresh cream (this kind of the most popular). Still have sour cream, which is made of lactic ferments. Both varieties are in the process of pasteurization at a temperature of about 90 degrees. There is a third view of the Vologda butter, which is pasteurized at a temperature up to 98 degrees.
In butter in the production can add different ingredients for taste:
- berry fruit juices.
However, the number of calories products these additives are not particularly affected.
Varieties of butter in calorie and fat
The number of calories in butter and its fat content depends on their grade. Here are the most famous of them:
- traditional creamy fat product is 82, 5 per cent. This product is the most natural, there is almost no vegetable and other fats, by which a manufacturer reduces the cost of the finished product. Most often it is not cheap, but this is butter, how it should be prepared with much whipped cream. The calorie content of the product per 100 grams is 748 kcal, which is 0.5 g of proteins and 0.8 grams of carbohydrates;
- Amateur with a fat content of 80 percent. It is lighter but not 100 percent natural, in contrast to the first grade. The caloric content of this product reduced due to the introduction of the special components. The number of calories in it – 709 kcal, 0.7 g protein and 1 g of carbohydrates;
- includes peasant 72, 5% fat. It is the most common product in the store, because it has affordable price. The amount of fat in this case are reduced due to light weight chemical by vegetable fats. The calorie content of the product is 661 kcal per 100 grams, 0.8 g protein 1.3 carbohydrates;
- the sandwich butter – this product has a fat content of 61, 5 per cent. It does not crumble, it is good smeared on bread, but in addition to the dairy product in its composition there are light vegetable oils that reduce the amount of calories and help to reduce the cost of production. The energy value of it is – 556 kcal, protein 1,3 and 1,7 carbohydrates;
- tea – its fat content is only 50 percent. However, oil this product called it is difficult. This spread, which is a classic mixture of butter and vegetable fats. Its caloric value is 546 kcal per one hundred grams of the product.
As you can see, the higher the fat content of butter – so it is more natural. When purchasing the product, the fat content is less than 82,5 %, remember that this is not the product in its natural form, and spread with the addition of those or other substances.
Criteria of product quality
In high-quality butter are harmoniously combined aroma and taste, no foreign odors and flavors. The color of this product will be either white or pale yellowish, it needs to be uniform. If you buy salted products, the percentage content of salt in it should be no more than 2 %, it should also be evenly salted.
Can oil help with weight loss?
Despite the fact that it is high in calories, even for weight loss be used up to 2 teaspoons of oil per day. This will save your health in the diet, if it involves a small amount of fats in other products.
Most strict diets exclude fats, but a lot of girls because of their deficiency in the body face such problems as:
- brittle nails;
- staining of the hair;
- the appearance of cracks on the lips;
- peeling of the skin.
So one sandwich with him in the day you can afford even with a strict diet for your own good.
The benefits and harms of butter
Due to the high caloric content of butter is not recommended to consume in large quantities. But in small doses it is very useful for health. So, his regular presence in the form of sandwiches or a dressing for porridges or soups in the menu gives you strength and energy, helps to renew cells.
Scientists have concluded that the lack of substance contained in the oil, the child can cause mental retardation. And vitamin a is very useful in diseases of the stomach and duodenum. In addition, thanks to its use of faster the wounds heal from these diseases.
But there is a downside of this product. In particular, it contains cholesterol in large quantity. That is why daily intake of oil should not exceed 20 grams. With this amount of cholesterol will remain the same and you will not gain weight. To control the consumption of this product need those who are dieting for weight loss.
Use in cooking
Butter is a required ingredient for many dishes. The simplest is a standard sandwich with them, which, if desired, can be supplemented with meat, cheese, eggs or something else.
This product is charged to improve the taste such dishes:
- side dishes;
Also on its basis made sauces, this oil is mixed with a small amount of flour. And it is used to prepare the dough and to improve the taste of soups and bouillons.
Oil is an essential product that is in the fridge in almost every home. The main rule is to consume it within reasonable limits, then this product will not be dangerous neither for the figure nor for health in General, and even Vice versa.