How to calculate calorie: calculate calorie food and formula
Many people who go on a diet and want to lose weight, start counting the calories contained in the meals they consume, and relate them to the required norm. For someone to carry out such calculations is not a problem, and someone who believes that counting calories is unnecessary.
So, how to calculate the calorie content of ready meals and make on the basis of this information, your menu, and you’ll learn below.
Why it is important to calculate the calories?
Calorie is a unit of energy. Calorie meals is a certain amount of energy which is released when broken down the molecules of food. For example, you eat that or another cooked meal, having a certain amount of calories, respectively, the energy enters your body in the appropriate amount. The more you got the energy, but don’t spend it, the more likely that you will gain weight. The pounds will go, if you spend more energy than you get.
That is why it is so important to count calorie ready meals, if you want to lose weight or to build muscle mass. The calorie content of some products have to calculate their own, and in some it is indicated on the package. If the finished dish is based on multiple products, it is necessary to calculate their total number and to consider the method of cooking and additives.
Tools for calculations
In order to learn how to count calories, you need to prepare the following accessories:
- kitchen scales;
- paper and pen;
- table calorie foods;
- program to calculate.
Libra is better to choose e-they show the weight more accurately, though, and allowed error of 5 grams. It is desirable that in the balance there was a reset button containers.
Table calorie foods you can find on the Internet or buy a special book. Remember that the amount of calories in such sources is always stated approximately, but the difference with the actual performance will be small.
- using the Excel program;
- by the calculator;
- through a special application.
You can use several tools at once, because errors can always be.
What to consider when counting?
Are advised to weigh all cooking utensils, so you know how much to take when weighing the finished dishes.
Remember that some products have zero calories, is:
But the water adds more weight, this will vary the overall caloric content of meals. Than her will be greater the fewer calories per 100 grams will be in the dish. If you once figured out the number of calories in a particular dish, then the second time the indicator can not be counted, only write down the proportions of all the ingredients. So then also will be easier to make up your menu.
The formula for calculation of caloric content of food
The formula for calculating calories is this:
- A gram equals In calories;
- 100 grams is equal to X calories.
A gram is the weight of food in grams as a whole, In kcal – total calorie content of the product in the dish.
A miscalculation is easy, the two numbers diagonally multiply each other and then divide by the number that are diagonal with index X. thus, the number of calories in 100 grams is multiplied by 100/A.
Examples of calculation of calories
Here is a practical example of calculation, let us try to calculate the number of calories in rice porridge.
100 grams of rice is 330 calories. For meals we will need 300 grams of rice, respectively, it will be 990 calories. If you don’t add water and salt, the calorie value does not change.
The porridge is cooked, the total weight is 900 grams. The number of calories is calculated as:
- we have 990 grams of product, 990 kcal;
- if X is 100 g, then according to our formula 900 *100/900 amount of calories will be equal to 110 kcal per 100 grams.
The second example now as a basis we take the soup with the following ingredients:
Weigh all of the products that we have:
- 300 grams of meat;
- 50 g carrots;
- 30 grams of garlic;
- 700 g potatoes;
- 5 g of dill and Basil;
- 10 g of pepper.
A total of 1100 grams. Similarly dismantle the calories of each ingredient on a special table, we got 1198 kcal. In the finished dish is 1050 g, because the water is a little evaporated, but the caloric content remained the same, because water has no calories.
Now consider the calories in the formula. In 100 g soup contains X calories, so 1198 multiply by 100 and divide by 1050. We eventually got 114 calories.
Useful tips and recommendations
As already mentioned, are no calories in water, spices and salt, they also exist in tea and coffee. These drinks are calorie is present due to the sugar and cream.
When cooking some of the dishes should consider the following:
- if you cook the meat, 20 percent of its raw calorie goes into the broth, fish and 15 percent, respectively;
- frying 20 percent of the oil variaety in the product from the frying pan. For example, if when frying, pour 50 g of butter and cook 10 patties, each Patty is absorbed for 8, 89 kcal, meat will only absorb 10 grams of butter. If all the oil you used for the gravy, then consider it entirely;
- on the packaging of cereals and pasta is always set to the number of calories of dry product. When cooked, they increase in volume, it all depends on the product. Rice boiled in three times, and semolina – 10 times respectively. Here you first need to calculate the calories of each product in the pan, and then weigh the finished dish. The average caloric content of cereals is 130 kcal per 100 grams;
- when calculating the caloric content of soups it is necessary to observe sequence. First, weigh all the foods, add the weight of the water or consider all. Remember that water tends to boil away when cooking. The average calorie content of the soup is about 50 kcal per 100 g;
- to learn the caloric content of cutlets you need to count the caloric content of ground beef and other components, then add the amount of oil and then divided by the number of cutlets;
- on a similar formula calculated the caloric value of fish in test: the number of calories of raw fish and ingredients for batter, add the butter and divide by the number of pieces;
- the fruit drinks need to connect the number of calories in dried fruit and amount of sugar. If you cook without sugar, consider only the dried fruit.
Remember that when preparing all products to lose weight as a result of overki or Ozerki. The calorie content will be higher. Different kinds of meat boiled or warialda in different ways:
- pork or beef by 40 per cent.
- chicken – 30 percent;
- rabbit – 25 %;
- fish by 20 percent;
- heart – 45 percent;
- language – 40%;
- the liver by 30 percent.
Also, the combustion can be added calories in the following amounts:
- 1 gram of proteins during combustion adds to the dish 4 calories;
- fats – 9 calories per 1 gram;
- carbohydrates – 4 calories per 1 gram;
- fiber – 3 calories per 1 gram.
The advantages of calculations of caloric
Many people consider the procedure of counting the calories in the dishes unnecessary and boring activity, while others would like to do this, but I believe that doing is very difficult. But that’s not the way you were able above to make sure. Over time, you don’t have to count because you will have already made all the mistakes and will know what is the energy value only or other dishes.
The advantages of the calorie calculation many, for example:
- you will not limit yourself to certain products just will know the measure;
- when losing weight this way will be much better than sitting on a strict diet, denying themselves everything;
- you will form the habit of conscious power and will know how much you eat during the day;
- with regular calorie count you should be able to quickly lose weight and fix the result unless you break out of existing norms.
For the normal functioning of our body without the disturbance of metabolism and unnecessary pounds, a person needs 2500 to 5000 calories a day. Individual rate depends on the following factors:
- the climate of residence;
If you wish to lose weight, you need to reduce the amount of calories, but the daily figure must not fall below 1200 kcal.
The process of counting of calories is very simple, it takes less than 10 minutes. Don’t be afraid to start counting the value of food, rather it will become habit and you will eat better and get the desired shape without damage to health.