How to calculate the number of calories per day, and how much you need to consume calories to lose weight
Many people know that the main enemy of weight loss are excess calories. And to gain your ideal weight, you need to correctly calculate the number of calories in each product, so as not to exceed my quota for the day.
So, how many calories you need to eat per day to lose weight and how to calculate the KPI that you want specifically for yourself and not to have additional health problems. All this you will learn below.
How much calories should you eat a day for weight loss?
To achieve noticeable results in your weight loss the number of calories each day that you use, must be carefully controlled. The required number of them differs slightly in men and women:
- women from 1000 to 1200 in a day (for slow, healthy and effective weight loss) to maintain a normal weight need to consume a day from 1200 to 1600 calories;
- men – they need a day from 1800 to 2000 calories, but to lose weight when consuming that amount, you need to lead an active lifestyle.
What creates the need in a certain amount of calories?
To determine how much you need during the day to eat calories, you need to understand that it plays a role not only in their quantity but by other factors.
What is a calorie? It’s a unit of energy exchange that equals the amount of heat required to heat 1 ml of liquid per 1 degree.
Currently, ways to lose weight there is a huge amount. In the pharmacies you can buy the following goods:
- diet pills;
All of these things are not cheap, but actually to get rid of the extra pounds only in determining the difference between the calories that one consumes and burns. This depends on the daily rate for each.
A personal norm is influenced by the following factors:
- the absorption of the products;
- indicators of metabolism;
- daily human activity.
Indicators of metabolism depend on the specifics of functioning of the human body. More than 60 percent of consumed calories is spent on the following:
- the production of hormones;
- the heart activity.
One kg is about 20 calories. After a 20-year growth period, each following ten years, the number of required employees is reduced by 2 percent.
Of great importance in the formation of the desired number of calories during the day plays and the Constitution of the body. For example, taller individuals are able to burn more calories because the surface of their bodies more than people of average height. Accordingly, in order to maintain normal body temperature, they need more calories.
Calculations of caloric
About 30 percent of the cost of energy falls on the active exercise. And the stronger they are, the greater the calorie consumption.
To calculate the desired level of consumption of Feces for each day, multiply the rate of General metabolism in the percentage of its activity:
- 20% – lack of activity (office workers and those who lead a sedentary lifestyle);
- 30% – low physical activity (workers of the mechanized work, like sellers or teachers, workload in the form of cleaning, cooking food, regular walks);
- 40% – moderate loads (people with active work – factory workers, factories, transport workers);
- 50 cent – heavy duty load (regular exercise, daily workout, work in construction, etc.).
10 percent absorption of food consumed. To calculate just multiply the amount of calories increased General metabolism and physical activity by 10 percent.
Daily for the normal functioning of our body needs a particular amount of energy calories that adds up the figures metabolism, physical activity, and absorption and assimilation of food.
How to calculate individual calorie needs for weight loss?
To no health problems and gradually progress in weight loss, you need to know the daily number of calories that you consume with food. It should be remembered that 1 kg of fat contains 9000 kcal. Accordingly, in order to lose weight at 10 kg and more, a person must burn approximately 90,000 kcal.
If you gained extra weight during the year, the amount of excess calories should be divided by the number of days in a year, respectively, for 365 days. Calculations, calculated that during the year used 247 calories than normal. And to lose weight to an acceptable weight, then you need to reduce the amount of calories consumed on 247 and you will quickly return to normal.
Examples of calculations based on age and weight
For a first example, consider a woman aged 45 who weighs 57, 5 kg. And overall metabolism will be the figure of 1150 calories. Now we need to calculate the physical activity. If the woman Manager, in charge of the house and is charging for 45 minutes a day, her physical activity is 35 percent. Further indicators are the following:
- calories physical activity – 402 (1150 multiplied by 35 percent);
- on the absorption and assimilation – 155 (10 per cent multiplied by 1150 plus 402);
- the required amount for each day (sum of 1150, 402, 155) – 1707.
In this case, requires adjustment for age, 45 years old, it is 4 percent. In the end we get 1630 calories. This is the highest figure to support and monitor existing weight based on age, weight and physical activities.
Now let’s calculate the number of calories if you need to lose weight. For example, if at age 40 years a woman’s weight is 90 kg, the figures are as follows:
- General metabolism – 1800 kcal;
- physical activity – 630 kcal;
- suction – 243 kcal.
Given the age turns 2566 calories each day. For the year it was possible to lose ten kg person would need to eat every day 2319 calories. And that process of weight loss decreased and to calculate the period during which you will be able to lose weight, excess calories divide the number of calories you will save.
It should be noted that one or the other lifestyle influences on calorie consumption. We present a number of examples of the light weight 60 kg from the calculation of hours:
- recumbent rest is 65 kcal/hour;
- reading – 90 kcal/hour;
- homework – from 120 to 240 kcal;
- walk – 190 kcal;
- skates – 600 kcal;
- a quick walk – 300 kcal;
- light jog – 360 kcal;
- the sleep – 50 kcal/hour;
- swimming – 400 calories;
- Cycling up to 440 calories.
This formula to date, in comparison with other among the most accurate. To achieve significant progress in terms of weight loss, nutritionists do not recommend reducing daily calories by less than 80 percent. Caloric content can be reduced more if to balance intake of nutrients.
How to reduce the caloric content of food consumed without starving?
Calories are a measure of energy. For weight gain need to consume more of them than you have time to process, but if your goal is to lose weight, you need to use them less than the body needs them.
But sometimes their reduction, without differentiating between products on the harmful and useful, is not always a reliable way to lose weight. But, despite the fact that many practice this method, others go hungry and eventually abandon the diet.
Therefore, to maintain a calorie deficit for a long time and not feel hunger, you need to make some changes in your diet. A few recommendations will allow you to really get rid of excess weight:
- eat more products based on protein. It reduces appetite, fills more than 60 percent and increases the amount of calories that are burned;
- exclude from the diet of fruit juices and fizzy drinks. They have a negative effect on nutrition and weight loss;
- drink more water to speed up the process of weight loss;
- keep the measure in weight lifting and exercise;
- reduce the intake of carbohydrates, especially sweets and processed foods.
As you can see, to maintain a balance in terms of daily calorie foods is very important. This does not need to follow a strict diet and to exhaust itself with starvations. Just enough to correctly think about your diet to support optimum weight.
Before you start losing weight, visit a dietitian to help you develop an individualized diet and to make menu.