How to cook lentils: features and ways of cooking, recipes
In Slavic countries, lentils are not very popular, but in the countries of East and Asia, it has become an indispensable product. It is used for soups, stew and other dishes. However, lately exotic product we have become more in demand. It has been appreciated for a large number of vitamins and minerals.
The beneficial properties of the beans have health benefits at any age. Now, many try to include in your daily diet dishes of lentils. How to properly cook this red bean culture that it has not lost its beneficial properties and was tasty?
Lentils and its properties
About the lentils mentioned in the Bible and the Quran, because people since ancient times used legumes. Valued for its nutritious, beneficial properties and taste. There are many varieties of lentils and each of them a large protein content. The people who have protein diet, always use lentils for cooking main dishes. In addition, high protein content of legume culture is different, and other valuable properties:
- on average, its nutritional value is 295 kcal;
- in 100 g of lentils contains 46,3 grams of carbs, 1,5 fat and 24 protein;
- iron content lentils are the leader in the list of legumes is, therefore, very useful in anemia;
- it contains a lot of vitamins and amino groups In 1 and S;
- very useful in case of diabetes, helps normalize blood sugar level;
- satisfies hunger, which is so important when losing weight;
- in the process of growing the product does not accumulate toxins, but can remove them from the body;
- included in the list of environmentally friendly products, so is irreplaceable in a healthy diet.
All these properties prove that lentils have high nutritional and dietary value. It remains only to prepare the dishes of this culture.
Due to high content of iron in the lentils she is not afraid of the heat treatment. All the beneficial properties after cooking remain in the product. For this reason it is often chosen by people who prefer healthy eating. Krupa goes well with many foods, it can be used as a garnish or a separate dish.
To appreciate all the taste and useful properties of the product, you need to make the right choice. Experts recommend buying the lentils with whole grains. Its shape, color and size are different depending on the variety.
- French (green) lentils are cooked longer than other types of lentils. Is unripe cereals and when cooking retains its shape. It is primarily used for cooking meat dishes and salads.
- Lentils Pardina is fully ripe grains, so should be boiled very quickly and, most importantly, in the process of cooking, not to overcook it. Has a light nutty flavor, good for soups and casseroles. It is also added to salads, meat dishes and snacks.
- Egyptian (red) lentils are cooked very quickly, because it has no shell. Thanks to these properties it is used for making purees and soups. Often I cook a vegetable stew.
- Yellow is a purified green tea, goes well with vegetables, often cooked her first dish, mashed potatoes.
- Black (Beluga) — in appearance resembles caviar. From it is often prepared salads, soups, used in vegetable dishes and soups. This lentil variety gives zest to many dishes.
Any kind of lentils perfectly on flavor with garlic, tomatoes and onions. For salads it is not necessary to cook for a long time, the longest she’s ready to puree. Almost all types of lentils don’t need soaking before you cook with her dishes.
Usually before cooking, the beans are sorted, removed the debris and washed with cold water several times. It’s recommended to put cereal into the boiling water at the rate of 1 Cup product to 2 cups of water. Once the water boils, immediately reduce heat and continue to cook on low heat for 15 to 45 minutes. Cooking time will depend on the grade of cereals. Pickle dishes of beans are best for 5 minutes until fully cooked.
Cooking varieties of dishes based on lentils a lot. Of cereals cooked cereals and entrees, mashed potatoes and salads. There are recipes in which it is used in conjunction with other types of cereals and vegetables. To enhance the palatability of the product it is recommended to add during the cooking Bay leaf or a bit of sage. Gives excellent taste to the dishes of lentils, celery root, rosemary or parsley. Salt and pepper best at the very end of cooking.
Lentils in a slow cooker
This method of cooking will not take much time and allows you to enjoy a delicious dinner .To prepare in slow cooker dishes of lentils will need the following ingredients:
- 1 multistake washed green beans;
- 1 multistage water;
- 1 sweet bell pepper;
- 1 tbsp freshly ground chili peppers;
- small chopped celery;
- 200 grams of canned corn;
- 4 tablespoons of tomato sauce.
All of these products loaded into the bowl multivarki, and the entire brewing process consists of 4 stages.
First, by placing all the ingredients in the bowl should be stirred with a special paddle made of plastic. Then select the «control» and switch the unit on. After about 1 hour the dish will be ready.
Lentils with chicken meat
Great recipe for 2 people quick and tasty meals. For its preparation you will need:
- chicken breast — 300 grams;
- brown beans — 1 Cup;
- water — 3 cups;
- tomato paste — 1 tablespoon;
- 1 large onion;
- cumin, curry, salt and pepper.
First we need to prepare the chicken, separating the meat from the bones and skin. Then chicken meat cut into large pieces and fried in butter with tomato paste and onions. Meat is cooked for 10 minutes, but this time cooked cereal and will be fully ready in about 15 minutes.
Finished products must be joined together and placed in a heat-resistant bowl. After that capacity is put in the oven for 10 minutes. Beautiful and appetizing color of the finished dish turns out, if you add a little curry. It will also give the dish a pleasant taste.
For cooking of lentils usually take 1 serving of grits and 3 cups water. This ratio will help you make the right cereal. She will cook for 15 minutes, but if the beans are black or brown, the cooking time will take up to 25 minutes. For cooking you need to select only whole grain otherwise the stab will turn into a puree.
To feel the taste of lentils, it is recommended to combine with vegetables. From this increase its nutritional properties. It is advisable to try to cook different dishes and are not afraid to experiment. The only way to appreciate the taste of lentils, or cook your favorite recipes for the whole family.