Pamela (fruit): the use of healing properties and calories, how many calories in 100 grams of pomelo
Pomelo or Pamela is a fruit related to citrus. Many consider him a sort of grapefruit, but this is not so. In fact, experts believe that the opposite is true, grapefruit is a degenerate descendant of this fruit.
How many calories are in this fruit, what is the use for Pamela’s health and beauty, how to use it, all of this you can find below.
General information about pomelo
If you compare pomelo with grapefruit, but the fruit has much more advantages:
- the taste is not bitter;
- convenient when cleaning;
- impossible to be soiled.
And rind Pamela, you can make decorative crafts.
Pamela is a fruit native to China, it is also spoken in Malaysia, Fiji Islands and Tonga and South-East Asia. It has a fresh and pronounced sweet taste. The only negative fruit – lack of juiciness.
Pamela fruit: the benefits and calorie
Pomelo is able to bring benefits to the body due to the presence in its composition of substances such as:
- vitamins C, B1, B2, B6, PP, A (beta-carotene);
- macro elements (fluoride, magnesium, sodium, potassium, calcium);
- trace elements (zinc, manganese, iron and copper);
- essential oil;
- the lipolytic enzyme.
When dieting for weight loss benefits pomelo is difficult to overestimate, because the calorie content of fruit is only about 30 calories per 100 grams of pulp.
As for energy value, 100 g of pulp also contains:
- fats (0, 004 g);
- carbohydrates(8, 862 g);
- proteins (0, 76);
- fiber – 1 g;
- water (89, 1 g).
Pamela is not only a delicious fruit, but also a great therapeutic tool that has the following properties:
- antioxidants and vitamin C helps to strengthen the immune system;
- potassium stimulates the heart;
- regulates blood pressure, improves the condition of blood vessels;
- limonoids help to cope with cancer, slow the growth of tumors;
- vitamins and essential oils have antiviral effect;
- lipolytic enzyme breaks down fats;
- antioxidants and vitamins A and E cleanse the arteries from cholesterol and prevent atherosclerosis;
- cures SARS, colds and sore throat;
- helps with fever;
- used in diabetic diet;
- limonoids help with cataract;
- treats asthma;
- improves peristalsis;
- save from insomnia;
- helps with fatigue and weakness;
- in Pamela peel has bioflavonoids, that can save you from excess estrogen and is good for the prevention of breast cancer;
- improves mood, relieves depression and apathy.
Kind eat pomelo?
There are a lot of options in what to eat this fruit;
- in its pure form as a dessert;
- as a snack, sprinkling the flesh with sugar, salt, chili pepper and ground black pepper (Philippines);
- as a side dish to hot (Thailand);
- in salads (fruit, shrimp, spinach, celery or avocado).
How to use Pamela for weight loss?
Pamela is an incredibly popular fruit among diet products for weight loss, because it is able to break down fats and has a minimum calorific value, it has a beneficial effect on the digestive system and is able to skillfully to saturate that after it you won’t feel hungry.
Given below diet «Sheddok» based on pomelo will help you to get rid of 2-3 extra pounds in one week:
- for Breakfast eat about 70 g of hard cheese and half a pomelo, wash down with a Cup of coffee without sugar;
- for lunch, eat the other half of the fruit;
- at lunch, boil or sauté without fat vegetables, or make vegetable salad, filled lemon juice. Meat will suit boiled chicken breast or fish low-fat varieties. All of the above can be alternated through the day or combine at your discretion. Definitely for lunch, eats half of Pamela;
- in the afternoon the second half and egg. Follow with green tea without sugar;
- for dinner, prepare a salad from fresh fruits, which should contain Pamela, and fruit or berries at your discretion. If appetite is greatly played out and the salad is not enough, change it to steamed vegetables and eat half a pomelo.
Contraindications to the use of the fruit
This fruit, as a broom is not always able to bring exceptional benefit. In some cases it is necessary to refrain from it:
- if allergic to citrus fruits;
- in the presence of kidney stones or peptic ulcer disease;
- in viral hepatitis or acute nephritis;
- colitis and high acidity.
The use of pomelo fruit in cosmetology
Quite often, the pulp and juice of the fruit used in the production of rejuvenating tonics and masks. They can be cooked at home.
For example, if you have oily skin, make a mask and tonic for this recipe:
- mash a tablespoon of the pulp of Pamela with a teaspoon of kefir or curdled milk;
- drain the introduced liquid;
- apply the mixture on face for 15 minutes;
- rinse with cool water;
- in the remaining liquid soak a cotton pad and wipe his face. It is impossible to wash off.
And to make their own nourishing face mask for normal skin, finely chop one slice of fruit, add a small spoon of lemon juice and the same of honey. Apply to face, leave on for 15 minutes and rinse with a weak cold green tea. After that, apply a moisturizing cream. It is best to carry out the procedure before bedtime.
And for dry skin you can make a lotion and a mask thus:
- mix the crushed fruit with egg yolk and honey;
- apply on skin, keep for 15 minutes;
- rinse the face with warm water and wipe with a mixture of water and juice of pomelo.
Juice Pamela, according to cosmetologists, this is the perfect lotion for the winter for any skin type. Oily and normal skin can generally wipe juice in its pure form, and dry – dilute by half with water. Using this lotion throughout the winter, spring your skin will not be pale and dry, and it will be full of vitamins and have an attractive fresh look.
Features choice of fruit
Not to miscalculate, and to buy fresh pomelo, be sure to pay attention to the smell. Than it is more aromatic, the better will be the fruit inside. Skin Pamela needs to Shine, be smooth and slightly soft to the touch.
To keep Pamela should be at room temperature for one month, but in a purified form in the refrigerator no more than 3 days.
Now you know more about pomelo – its caloric content, useful properties and application features. And certainly will understand when it is better to give the supermarket in preference to him, and not the grapefruit.