Protein shakes at home: recipes protein shakes for muscle mass and weight
Any athlete wishing to achieve in your training the very best results, must watch your diet. The volume of the muscles is also work, which is training and a special protein diet.
Today we will share some recipes of protein shakes that really make at home with products available to everyone.
What prepared protein drinks for weight gain?
Athletes need lots of protein. With this purpose, and was developed protein concentrates in the form of protein shakes. You can buy them ready, but you can prepare at home.
Based protein shake, prepared at home, there is yogurt or milk. Among other ingredients this drink can be:
- the key protein ingredients – cottage cheese or eggs;
- enhance the taste of jam and honey;
- berries and fruits include natural sugar, vitamins and minerals;
- banana is a source of carbohydrates and calories.
Protein shake for muscle growth: challenges and rules of admission
The key task of protein drink to help keep the body has enough protein for constant muscle growth.
It is recommended to drink about 40 minutes before workout and then half an hour after her. The maximum volume of the cocktail is 300 ml, the optimal beverage temperature is 37 degrees. You can drink it in the mornings and evenings.
According to the scientists, to gain muscle mass and weight you need 1.5 g of protein per kilogram. With food people receive about 70 grams of protein. Weighing in at 70 grams, you need 100 grams of protein a day. In addition to food requires about 30 g of protein to put on weight, and it is contained in a cocktail.
Drinking protein shakes is recommended even when you have no training. It is desirable to give preference to drink on a natural basis, prepared in their own home.
Recipes protein shakes for weight gain
Recipes for a protein shake to increase muscle mass there are a large number. To make them at home is easy enough to arm themselves with the right ingredients and a blender.
We present to your attention the most simple smoothie recipes for weight gain athletes.
- mix in the bowl of a blender 100 grams of cottage cheese, banana, glass of milk, a couple tablespoons of oatmeal and one teaspoon of honey and whisk everything in a blender;
- whisk in a blender with 0.5 l of milk, 100 grams of ice cream without additives, a couple of bananas, vanilla and cinnamon;
- mix together the egg, large spoonful of honey and the same amount of chopped nuts, a glass of kefir;
- whisk with a blender or with a mixer egg powder, diluted with milk (60 g ready for use), 200 grams of cottage cheese, 5 eggs, 50 grams of honey and as many berries, a spoonful of sour cream.
Cocktail recipe for a dry protein
At home you can prepare a protein shake and special ingredients that help in weight gain and muscle mass. We offer you a recipe based on whey protein. This cocktail improves the endurance athlete almost 70 percent, and more than 40 percent of its strength.
To prepare the cocktail in this recipe we will need:
- 0.5 ml of milk;
- 50 g protein in a dry form;
- 100 g low-fat cottage cheese;
- fruit syrup.
Preparing a cocktail:
- in the bowl of a blender pour the milk, add a couple tablespoons of dry protein powder and mix them;
- add the cheese and whisk again;
- add to the mix the protein so much that happened around 05, liters of liquid;
- pour the syrup or replace it with frozen berries for an antioxidant action;
- again all whisk.
Recipe protein-carbohydrate cocktail
If the athletes of both genders are very lean, they need to think not only about muscle mass, but also weight gain in General. It is recommended to drink protein-carbohydrate cocktails. For example, the cocktail «Good morning», the recipe of which you will see below, has the value:
- 399 kcal;
- 74 g of carbohydrates;
- 25 g of protein and only 2 grams of fat.
You will need:
- a glass of Apple juice;
- baby applesauce without sugar – 120 g;
- the toasted wheat germ 2 large spoons;
- vanilla yogurt – 50 g;
- skimmed milk powder – 40 g;
- dry protein – 10 g
For a start, mix in a blender, juice, smoothie, and yogurt. Then add everything else and whisk again until smooth.
If the weight gain – it is urgent order, it is better to try a different cocktail, which 135 kcal, but it contains 60g protein, 50 g carbohydrate and 9 g fat.
For its preparation take:
- 300 grams of cottage cheese;
- a couple of glasses of kefir or yogurt;
- cocoa powder – 1.5 tsp.;
- 1 tablespoon of sugar;
- packaging of vanillin;
- 100 ml of pure water.
Mix in water, cocoa and sugar, bring to a boil and let simmer for about a minute. The consistency of the drink should resemble hot chocolate. Pour everything in the blender, add everything else and whisk to blend. To drink chilled.
Also provides recipes for those athletes who have a good metabolism and don’t can easily gain weight. Features of their body are such that the supply grows slowly and needs more fat, carbohydrates and proteins.
In this case, it can approach this recipe. You will need:
- 1 heaped tablespoon of protein powder;
- 200 ml strong coffee;
- 100 ml yogurt with the chocolate;
- 2 tbsp butter substitute;
- 5 ice cubes;
- a bit of cocoa powder.
First you need to brew the coffee and clean the grounds. Then it is poured into the blender, add the rest, whisk and drink chilled.
Remember that the cocktails are prepared with natural products at home, absorbed a lot better than the dry, they’re much more useful components.
Rules for the preparation of protein cocktails
When cooking by yourself a protein shake for sports nutrition need to comply with these recommendations:
- the protein shake for morning consumption, you need to add carbohydrates such as honey or fruit, and in the evening – not necessary, especially if the athlete needs to lose weight. Taken in the evening, the carbohydrates tend to be deposited as fat;
- one-time dose pre-workout drink is 300 ml;
- if the athlete is poorly assimilate lactose, the milk in the recipe of the product can be replaced with water, yogurt or juice;
- caloric cocktails may be different depending on the needs of the athlete and components of the drink.
This drink based on protein can optionally be a full replacement for meat. This product is easy to digest and it is very useful to use after a workout to replenish protein and other wholesome components, as well as to restore muscle mass.
Unlike powdered protein drink, made at home, has a pleasant taste, it is more natural and useful. By adding certain ingredients, you can choose the taste of the drink, which will appeal to most.