To lose weight during pregnancy: special diet as not to harm the unborn child
We all know that during pregnancy weight gain is inevitable. Sometimes it increases very much, and expectant mothers are afraid of this. But this is unnecessary, because in most cases, by the time after the birth of the child his mother quickly comes to the form. However, not all cases it is perfect and weight loss need during pregnancy.
How can I lose weight during pregnancy and do no harm in this future child, and you learn below.
Increase weight and diet during pregnancy
If during pregnancy to gain weight the expectant mother has exceeded the allowable level, then lose weight fast after giving birth she will be very problematic. And yet the fullness of the body of the mother can harm the unborn baby and also cause deterioration of the mother.
Therefore, when you are actively gaining weight during pregnancy, an urgent need to think about losing weight.
First of all, consider your diet. It must be different from your «Dobermann» diet. Calorie consumption during pregnancy is quite high, the rate for pregnant women ranges from 1800 to 2500 calories a day. When you are planning to lose weight during pregnancy, you should know about what increase is considered normal. In some cases, lose weight during pregnancy and do not need.
Normal is the increase from 9 to 12 pounds for the entire pregnancy. The more lean was an expectant mother, the more she will gain weight during pregnancy. The norm is set at 200 grams per week during the first trimester. In subsequent trimesters of pregnancy a normal set is 500 grams for each week.
Why gain weight?
Many moms-to-be believes that gained weight will take in body fat, but this is not so. Actually it is formed by the following factors:
- the growing uterus;
- amniotic fluid;
- the weight of the unborn child.
However, the fat layer also can be formed in the buttocks, thighs and abdomen, thus, there is a natural «warming» of the expectant mother.
Excess weight during pregnancy is typed in as a result of such factors as:
- the increase in progesterone and hormonal imbalances;
- the absence of motor activity or its reduction;
- mental disorders of the mother, frequent stress and as a consequence – abuse of sweets as antidepressants.
So we understand the causes of weight gain during pregnancy. Now we need to figure out how to get rid of extra pounds during pregnancy and thus not hurt yourself and the unborn baby.
This is very important because excess fat can interfere with normal development of the baby, the strain on the internal organs is enormous, and there is a risk of diabetes and varicose veins.
To lose weight during pregnancy: is this harmful?
To lose weight during pregnancy is possible, if necessary and if you do it correctly. And this should be done so as not to harm the unborn baby. The diet should be planned so that food was varied, balanced and complete. It is categorically impossible to practice a lower calorie content, mono and fasting days, providing a long refusal of nutrition.
If you want during pregnancy to eat something nutritious and delicious, you should do it in moderation and combine with the intake of vitamins and minerals.
Keep your weight need even before pregnancy, so you do not have a problem with him carrying. In addition to compliance with a specialized diet, you need to practice the following:
- physical activity;
- more walking in the street;
- compliance with key rules of a healthy lifestyle.
How to lose weight without hurting the baby?
If you need to lose weight during pregnancy and have no health problems of the child and its development, it is necessary to observe the following rules:
- arrange fasting days every 3-4 days, but they have to be right;
- eliminate from the diet all easily digestible carbohydrates (pastry, muffin, candy, etc.) and include slow carbs;
- half an hour before each meal drink a glass of drinking water;
- eat often, but little by little (5-6 times a day);
- during pregnancy you need to eat plenty of vegetables and fruits, but do not overdo melon, grapes, boiled potatoes and carrots;
- eat no later than 20 hours and at least 3 hours before bedtime;
- eat as much protein food is fish and meat low-fat varieties, low fat cottage cheese and more;
- it’s advisable to join the pool and start to perform simple gymnastic exercises that are designed specifically for pregnant women;
- end the meal with a light saturation;
- do not overeat before going to bed;
- in the presence of a sitting load correctly organize your daily routine, walk more and sit less at the computer.
- not accumulate in the body excess fluid;
- thermal processing of the food should be only in stewing, cooking and steaming;
- the diet should include a maximum of plant products, it is well stimulates the peristalsis of the stomach;
- in addition to water you need to drink juices, smoothies from fruits and vegetables, broths and compotes on the basis of dried fruit (only 2 liters a day);
- exclude strong tea, coffee, carbonated drinks, alcohol, chips, French fries, fast foods, crackers, etc.
How to spend the fasting day during pregnancy without harming the baby?
To plan your fasting days during pregnancy, you need to follow these recommendations:
- the only valid product in the fasting days during pregnancy can be a baked Apple without sugar, yogurt without fat or fresh cucumbers;
- the base rate of consumption of the underlying product per day ranges from one to one and a half kilograms;
- during the fasting day during pregnancy you should drink about half a liter of still mineral water.
But the practice of strict dieting is strongly not recommended, if necessary, should consult a doctor.
Rules of nutrition during pregnancy
The most caloric food, which is eaten during pregnancy, should eat in the morning, but in the second it is better to eat more digestible foods. After 20 hours the body of the future mother and her child is preparing to sleep and hard to eat is no longer necessary. A light snack at this time may include the following products:
- dried fruits;
All that you need to drink plenty of water.
Fruits and vegetables are best consumed without processing, it is also desirable to eat foods with a high content of toxins and other harmful substances that can hurt the baby. Buy products only in the checked points, do not eat more than the norm.
Also three weeks before the date of birth it should be within the diet to eliminate the following:
- dairy products;
Diet during this period includes freshly squeezed juices, dried fruits, herbal teas and whole grain cereals.
According to research, mothers who refuse milk, fish, meat and eggs and goes on a plant-based diet for three weeks before childbirth, during childbirth much easier.
Exercise for weight loss during pregnancy
If you need to lose weight during pregnancy, you should perform moderate exercise. For example, for women during pregnancy specifically provided for special groups in areas such as:
- water aerobics;
You can do at home, but you need to follow the recommendations of the special books or work on videocourses, however lessons with an instructor is the best option.
Remember that during pregnancy it is important to know what should be the intensity of the movements, and the specialist is obliged to help. In order not to harm the child, it is not recommended to engage in independent action. You should also know that during pregnancy the ligaments and muscles are relaxed, you need to move very slowly and carefully. Avoid active movements and heavy loads.
Treatment of drinking during pregnancy
As mentioned earlier, you need to pay special attention to the selection of drinks. Not recommended for coffee, tea, sodas and juices in packages. Juices need to drink only freshly squeezed and diluted with water. You can also use the compotes and fruit drinks in a slightly diluted form.
Regular drinking water you need to drink more during the day in small doses between meals. 2 litres a day – enough water for the normal nutrition of the future child and mother. Drinking plenty of fluids will help flush harmful substances from the body, improve metabolism and help to lose weight.
What else do you need for weight loss in pregnancy?
During pregnancy for most women a source of pleasure is food, which does not always fit into the diet. Therefore, expectant mother and gaining weight. To avoid this, you need to make your life more diverse:
- pay more time to their Hobbies;
- more walk;
- less nervous and avoid stress.
If you are mentally tough, then constantly remind yourself that directly from your mood depends on the health of the unborn child. Active and optimistic mother didn’t think about overeating, accordingly, will not gain weight.
When you do not need to lose weight during pregnancy?
It should be noted that there are situations where diet for weight loss during pregnancy is not recommended and even contraindicated. This is particularly the case when the weight of the mother was normal or insufficient. But the desire to lose weight can only hurt the child because he will not get a full range of necessary substances and will have problems with development.
During pregnancy be sure to remember that the life and health of the future baby is entirely dependent on the mother, her behavior, eating habits and motor activities. He was born healthy and is developing normally, keep normal weight and follow them.