What is the raw food diet and what should be the approximate menu rawfoodist for a week
Practices such as raw food becomes more and more popular in the world. This is understandable, because such a diet is beneficial to health, and yet this style of food really like very much.
Today we will talk about the key principles of raw food, and will also introduce sample menu rawfoodist for a week.
Myths about the raw food diet
One of the key myths about the raw food diet is that many people believe raw food menu is sparse and tasteless. But this is not so, raw foodists believe that the taste of many raw foods much better than the processed and spicy. The more that raw food of plant origin is possible to prepare a lot of healthy dishes that will enrich your body with such substances as:
- trace elements;
Deters many of a raw food diet that when eating raw foods person is not happy and suffering from hunger. This is also incorrect, correctly chosen menu rawfoodist entirely fills the body’s need for carbohydrates, proteins, fats and other substances.
In the diet of raw foodists include such foods in raw form:
But this is not all that you can afford in the raw.
The rules of food raw foodists
To make the menu at raw food diet you need to carefully, taking into account all characteristics of the organism and its needs. There are also rules of nutrition in this practice:
- when you eat raw food you need from 4 times a day, in order to obtain energy, not to experience hunger and to ensure proper metabolism. You can eat a lot, but small portions and you can split meals on the basic techniques and snacks;
- food drink it is impossible. Clean water or drinking herbal infusions or half an hour before a meal or 40 minutes after her. Every day you can drink fresh juices, and even replacing one meal or snack during the day.
The diet of raw foodists
In order to saturate the body with protein, fatty acids and minerals raw foodists definitely contribute to your menu nuts:
To buy the nuts you need to carefully, because sometimes they go on sale roasted and raw food diet involves eating raw foods.
Also on the menu of every raw foodists must be present cereals and legumes, cook them not, so they are soaked and germinated.
Legumes and cereals are rich in such substances as:
- vegetable proteins;
Among legumes and cereals in the menu should include sprouts of chickpea, buckwheat, wheat, lentils and peas. They provide satiety, daily energy and vitality. Buckwheat and sprouted wheat can be eaten alone or as ingredient for salad.
Green buckwheat and seeds
Almost every raw foodists enters in the menu of green buckwheat. After all, brown buckwheat, to which all are accustomed, has its own colour due to the roasting and in its raw form, this barley has a green tint. Green buckwheat serves as the basis for preparing many raw food dishes. It is very useful, contains lots of iron and quickly prepared. It just pour cold water and allowed to swell. Then it is suitable to drink straight or for cooking other dishes.
In raw food menu with raw sunflower seeds:
Before use in food they are soaked in cold water before swelling. They contain large amounts of omega fatty acids, minerals and oils. They can be satisfied, and to maintain muscle mass.
Vegetables and fruits
The order of 70-95 percent raw food diet consists of raw and fresh vegetables and fruit. It is recommended to use seasonal foods that contain high nutrients. The most useful of these are:
Also a lot of useful contains all berries, raw mushrooms, however, their choice need to be very careful. Not all the mushrooms you can eat raw. Best for this kind of champignons and oyster mushrooms.
Dried fruit, greens and salads
A raw food diet is impossible without the dried fruit, they’re especially important in winter. Well saturate the body are:
- dried apricots.
But the candied fruit in the raw food diet do not eat because they are amenable to chemical treatment. It is desirable to give preference to those fruits which were dried under the sun without additives.
Based on leafy greens raw foodists prepare cocktails and salads. The most popular are:
- green onions;
- celery and many more.
Greens are used in salads and sauces for seasoning cereals or bread. It contains a lot of vitamins and minerals.
Raw foodists are very fond of sea Kale, which is a source of iodine and phosphorus. However, they do not buy it ready made, and prepare yourself, and then seasoned with vinegar and refined oil.
For salads raw foodists use vegetable oils of the first pressing. Most useful:
These oils give the products flavor, saturate the body with nutrients and improve digestion.
Menu rawfoodist for a week
To understand that raw foodists eat in a week and what to cook, given the approximate raw food menu for one week.
- Breakfast – two bananas and kiwi, three orange;
- for lunch a handful of nuts;
- lunch – a portion of green buckwheat salad with tomatoes, cucumbers, onions and pepper in olive oil;
- snack – dried fruits;
- dinner – smoothies on the basis of avocado, tomato, parsley and Basil, raw food bread.
- Breakfast – three apples with honey and raisins;
- lunch vegetable or fruit juice;
- lunch raw carrot burgers with sprouted wheat;
- afternoon salad of cucumbers, greens and cabbage, seasoned with lemon juice with linseed oil;
- for dinner, fruit or berry salad.
- Breakfast cook soaked oatmeal with mango and strawberries;
- for lunch nuts;
- in the afternoon prepare sprouted lentils, lettuce, sweet pepper, peas, cauliflower and broccoli, dressed with sesame oil;
- for snack: 2 apples;
- for dinner, pumpkin porridge with seeds.
- Breakfast – smoothie based on the strawberry, kiwi and banana;
- lunch – sunflower seeds;
- lunch – raw vegetable cream soup, onion bread;
- snack – watermelon or melon;
- dinner – salad of broccoli, onion and sea Kale with flax oil and lemon juice.
- Breakfast fruit or berries;
- for lunch eat nuts;
- in the afternoon make a mess of pumpkin with pine nuts and squash salad with herbs;
- snack-eating dates;
- in the evening prepare the salad with sesame seeds, cauliflower, arugula and tomatoes, dressed with olive oil and lemon juice and ate crackers.
- Breakfast – watermelon, currant and strawberry;
- lunch – cucumbers with dill and garlic;
- lunch – sprouted wheat, salad made of carrot, cabbage, onion and greens in sesame oil;
- in the afternoon cocktail of courgettes, sorrel, dill and parsley;
- for dinner eat seaweed with sesame oil and a sauce of avocado and sweet pepper.
- Breakfast includes apples stuffed with dried fruit;
- lunch drinks fresh berries or fruit;
- lunch will be sprouted chickpeas, a salad of tomatoes, onions, mushrooms, and cauliflower in olive oil;
- afternoon snack – salad with zucchini and carrots in Korean;
- dinner – vegetables in a sauce of ground nuts.
As you can see, most of the dishes from the above menu is quite tasty and nutritious, and cause the appetite of even the most ardent opponents of the raw food culture.
Try at least to go on a raw food diet to appreciate its advantages and the state of his health. You will not only lose those extra pounds, but also feel younger.