A cure for allergic rhinitis: tablets, and drugs
What tools help nasal allergies?
Statistics show that only in the Russian Federation from allergic rhinitis affects up to twenty-five percent of the population. This high figure can be attributed to allergic forms of rhinitis the most common diseases. In addition, the rhinitis of this nature often becomes a cause of visits to doctors-immunologists.
Despite the seeming harmlessness, allergic rhinitis significantly reduces quality of life of the patient, his ability to work. The negative feelings that accompany this condition, can deliver significant discomfort. Especially if a chronic runny nose. Modern means of allergic rhinitis can improve the life of the patient and to remove unpleasant symptoms.
The mechanism of occurrence and classification
The mucous membrane of the nose performs multiple functions. One of them is a quick and effective cleaning of the nasal cavity from foreign elements. With each breath into the nasal cavity includes small foreign particles. The mucous membrane due to the action of the mucociliary system, leads them during the entire twenty minutes. This property protects the body from pathogens and foreign objects.
The situation is compounded if the person is allergic to any elements. The molecules that make up the allergens, are very quickly absorbed into the mucosa. This allergen can be pollen, spores, house dust, etc. in contact With these elements in the nasal cavity, allergic reaction develops in only one minute. It is a consequence of the interaction between the allergen and the allergic antibodies.
Today there are two forms of allergic rhinitis:
- Seasonal. Is repeated every year in the same period. In most cases, associated with time flowering plants, the pollen of which provokes allergic reactions. Allergies can develop as a result of flowering ragweed, cypress, Artemisia, birch. Poplar fluff can also act as allergen. Therapy of this type of cold starts after the determination of the plant that causes it. In the case of reusable recurrence of seasonal allergic rhinitis, it can move into permanent form.
- Year-round (permanent) form. In most cases, the cause of development of this rhinitis is house dust, animal dander, household allergens, drugs, etc. In contrast to seasonal rhinitis, year-round rhinitis lasts throughout the year, regardless of season.
The characteristic features of the condition is congestion of the nasal passages, difficulty in breathing nose, frequent sneezing (paroxysmal), a feeling of itching and/or tingling in the nasal cavity.
Allergic rhinitis does not pass on their own, will continue until the contact with the allergen. In most cases, to avoid such contact impossible. Therefore, patients are assigned a special therapy.
Modern medicine does not have the means which would relieve the patient from the symptoms of allergies. That is, complete cure of the Allergy is impossible today. The only thing that can make the doctors to take the meds, that will ease the flow of allergic rhinitis and reduce the severity of symptoms of this condition.
Modern medicine offers several kinds of facilities which help treat the common cold, additionally removing the symptoms. They are different in composition and principle of action. A common feature of these drugs is to relief of the patient after administration. Most often against allergic rhinitis use antihistamines.
This group of drugs affects the Central nervous system, making blocks and slows down the development of the inflammatory process. Thanks to the use of such tools can get rid of the sneezing, feeling itchy, watery eyes. These drugs also have a positive effect on reducing mucosal secretions. They are available in different forms: pills, drops, sprays.
After eating nasal antihistamines positive changes you notice after fifteen minutes. In the case of system – about an hour. Modern tools are based on azelastine, dimethindene, levocabastine.
Among such drugs are:
- «Allergodil». Comes in a spray form. May only be taken by children starting from six years. Pregnant women use the drug is prohibited. This rule applies to women who feed their baby breast milk.
- «Fenistil». Available in the form of drops. Active substance – dimetindene. Included in the group of antihistamines for children (can be used for the treatment of toddlers aged one month).
- «Histonet». The drug, active substance of which is levokabastin. Possible side effects, what the drug is contraindicated in children, pregnant women, women during lactation.
In some cases, patients are trying to cure allergic rhinitis «Diphenhydramine» or «Suprastin». It is an effective means, however, they belong to the first generation antihistamines, and have a number of side effects, including a feeling of weakness, deterioration of concentration and drowsiness.
More effective are second-generation drugs with relatively fewer side effects (for example, claritin). These tools very rarely worsen the patient’s condition and do not affect his ability to work. Antihistamines in rhinitis provoked by exposure to allergens, are applied more often than other vehicles.
The doctors resort to the appointment of glucocorticoids only in complicated course of allergic reactions. In this case, antihistamines may not produce results. The first generation of hormonal drugs could not be used for the treatment of pregnant women, the elderly and children. Modern drugs have become safer and can be administered even to children.
However, uncontrolled use of such funds could lead to the development of complications. Besides, hormonal drugs must be abandoned gradually. Abrupt discontinuation may lead to negative consequences.
Among of glucocorticoids it is possible to allocate the following medications:
- «Natural». The active substance is fluticasone. Effective remedy for allergic rhinitis. Can be used for the treatment of children aged four years. Pregnant and nursing mothers to use the drug is prohibited.
- «Nasonex». Active ingredient – mometasone. The tool can be used to treat children who have reached two years, and for the treatment of women during lactation.
- «Fluticasone». Comes in a spray form. A feature of the tool is its increased security, so that it can be applied by all groups.
- «Aladin». Like the previous vehicle, the drug is available in the form of a spray. The active ingredient is beclomethasone. To use the can pregnant women, women in lactation and children below the age of six, however, only in the case constant supervision of a doctor.
In the case of very heavy flow of allergic rhinitis, a specialist may prescribe «Prednisone», «Metal», «Kenalog». Are drugs for systemic effects, so use them, be careful. Yourself to take these funds is strictly prohibited.
Vasoconstrictors act by narrowing the blood vessels, placed in the cavity of the nose. Due to reduced blood flow swelling is removed, decreasing the production of mucus. Vasoconstrictor produced in the form of sprays, drops, solutions.
In the pharmacies you can find tablets and capsules for oral administration. Quickly restoring nasal breathing, these drugs do not affect other symptoms of allergic rhinitis (itching, watery eyes, pain).
Important! Athletes are advised to abandon the use of «Pseudoephedrine» or «Phenylpropanolamine». Data decongestants are considered to be doping.
The use of vasoconstrictors is only in the case of blocking of nasal breathing.
The duration of the safe reception of these means and is limited to no more than seven days.
With longer use of decongestants can be addictive.
The market represented a huge number of drugs of this group.
Among them are:
- «Vibrocil», etc.
When you use the tools listed above, must strictly follow the instructions and prescriptions of the attending physician. Otherwise, you may develop complications.
Other medications for the treatment of allergic rhinitis
The drugs described above, are often used for the treatment of allergic rhinitis.
However, the doctor may resort to the use of other types of funds.
As the comprehensive treatment may optionally be used immunomodulatory drugs.
They affect rhinitis due to the stimulation of the immune system of the patient. In this case, you should highlight the drug «Sinupret». Reduces inflammation and improves the General condition of the patient.
Cromoglicate («Iteral», «Chromosol») act by strengthening cell membranes. Help block the release of histamine in the blood. Due to this allergic rhinitis occurs even in case of prolonged contact with the allergen. However, the effectiveness of this tool will appear only in the case if used in the early days of allergies.
In rare cases, can be used antiholinergicakie drugs (for example, «Ipratropium Bromide»). They clear nasal passages and eliminate selection. But the use of these funds is permissible only in combination with other drugs. Otherwise they will be ineffective.
Allergic rhinitis occurs as a result of entering into the nasal cavity of allergens. It can be plant pollen, pet hair, house dust. For the treatment of this type of antihistamine used rhinitis, hormonal, immunomodulatory drugs. In some cases, can be used decongestants.
Ignore allergic rhinitis should not be. In the absence of treatment the common cold can become year-round. To self-medicate is not recommended. To use the above-described means is possible only in case of doctor’s prescription. Uncontrolled intake of certain drugs may lead to complications.