A sore nose and forehead, but no runny nose: causes and what to do in such cases
Why a sore nose and a head: what to do in such cases?
Pain in the nose, as a rule, arise under the influence of a disease affecting the nasal cavity and paranasal sinuses. The pain is localized in the region of the head, indicates the presence of an inflammatory process.
In the event of such sensations, it is necessary to consult a qualified professional. He can figure out the causes of pain in bridge of nose and have a therapeutic aid. If you ignore the problem, it is, with a certain share of probability, will become chronic.
The definition of the nose means a nose piece that is attached to the forehead, forming a small depression. There are a number of factors that can cause pain in the nose. In some cases, they spread to other areas, which complicates the process of localization of sensations. The pain can be aching or oppressive.
The most obvious reason for a sore nose bridge and head, is a nose injury. Injury due to falls, fights or other causes, leads to damage of soft tissues. In some cases our bones.
Attention! In the case of injury, it is recommended to go to the hospital. This will help prevent the occurrence of complications.
In the case of bruises the cause of the pain is quite obvious. However, there are diseases which are not easy to diagnose. Pain in the nose can be caused by:
- Acute/chronic rhinitis. Despite the seeming harmlessness, runny nose affects the condition of the body. The nasal passages circulates air, allowing for normal human activity. Even minor inflammation can lead to functional disorder and the appearance of pain in the nose.
- Sinusitis and other acute inflammatory process affecting the paranasal sinuses. In this case, the patient feels strong, intense pain. It occurs because of a narrowing in the nasal cavity, leading to delayed discharge. If the content will be able to freely out of the nose, the pain will decrease. The pain in the eyes and nose can be a symptom development of this disease.
- Chronic sinusitis. With the development of the disease are observed not so intense pain, as in the previous case, but they can spread to the head and nose. During exacerbations the feeling intensified.
- Ganglioneuritis. The pain can spread to the eye area and nose. When ganglioneuritis there is also a dental pain and discomfort in the gums. In some cases, the pain spread to the temple, ear, neck. The duration of attacks can vary from several minutes to two days or more.
The above-described disease can lead to the development of pain in the nose and neighbouring organs. However, in some cases, the patient has a sore nose and forehead, but cold there. This circumstance can be the consequence of:
- Injuries and mechanical damage, which violated the integrity of the tissues.
- Neuralgia nourishing nerve. The presence of the intense, bursting and paroxysmal pains which extend to the eyes/nose can be a sign of development of this pathology. Usually it affects young people under the age of forty years. In most cases, the pain becomes intense at night. One attack may last a few minutes and several hours.
An attack of intense pain disturbs the sleep of the patient. Often the effect of the application of anesthetizing preparations is insignificant or occurs after some time. The situation is aggravated by the fact that often pain in the nose – perhaps the only sign of a problem. In this case, it is quite difficult to make a correct diagnosis and identify the causes of pain in bridge of nose.
To consult a doctor should in that case, if the pain continues more than two or three days. After examination and diagnosis, he will deliver an accurate diagnosis, which will give the opportunity to fight against the immediate causes of discomfort. For temporary improvement of the patient’s condition can use decongestants («Nazivin», «Galazolin»). These drugs can reduce the intensity of pain.
Caution! Apply decongestants can be no more than seven days.
What to do if a sore nose and head? High efficiency show irrigation of nasal cavity. You can use special rubber kettle, or if that is not a syringe without the needle. Carry out the procedure several times during the day. It is completely safe. For washing, you can use:
- Solutions on the basis of sea salt. For their preparation it is necessary to dissolve a spoon (tea) of salt in the water. Suffice it to a Cup of liquid. If possible, it is recommended to use sea salt. But cook is also suitable for washing.
- Solutions based on manganese acid. An effective means against pain, provoked by the processes of an inflammatory nature. But to use the tool with caution. We must make sure that the water has dissolved all the crystals of potassium permanganate, otherwise you may get a chemical burn of the nasal cavity.
- Chamomile teas/sage. These herbs have a calming effect on the nasal mucosa, which reduces edema. This circumstance allows to reduce the intensity of pain.
- Solution furatsilina. A germicide. Can be used for the treatment of pain with sinusitis.
Today in the pharmacy presents a large number of means for washing of sea salt. The patient can use the «Akvamaris», «Marinesalon», «Markera», «Phrase» and other means for washing the nasal cavity.
If the cause of the pain was neuralgia, washing will be ineffective. In this case it is better to hold a special massage. It will make the condition of the patient and has a positive effect on pain relief. The meeting is necessary to pre-heat the hands and lubricate them with special massage oil.
After finishing the preparations you need to slightly put pressure on the place of contact of the nose with the eyebrows and begin to make circular movements. To exert excessive pressure is not necessary. If the patient has a sore nose when pressed, should weaken the force of the pressure. Next, you need your index and middle finger to massage the area around the nostrils. Massage should be carried out at a slow pace. It is desirable to repeat the manipulation up to ten times. Then you need to move to the area located behind the earlobes.
Important! In cases of acute pain or the presence of inflammatory process, massage is recommended to refuse.
The methods described above allow to get rid of pain. But they removed the symptom, not affecting the cause of the problem.
For the correct therapy, you need to contact the doctor.
Sinusitis, rhinitis, sinusitis, ganglioneuroma and other diseases require different therapeutic approaches.
In their treatment may use antibiotics, antiseptic and antiviral drugs.
In some cases, you may need surgical intervention (for example, a puncture in the sinus, or surgery to repair the tissues of the nose after trauma).
Thus, if the patient has a headache in the nose – this may indicate the development of serious pathology.
The lack of timely treatment can lead to complications, difficult to treat. Pain can also spread to the eye area, forehead, ears.
The measures described above help to ease pain. In order to completely cure the pain, you need to deal with therapy issues, provoking him.