Acupressure for a runny nose and nasal congestion in adults and children
What points to massage with a cold?
A runny nose is one of the most unpleasant signs, which is manifested in the development of respiratory diseases or sensitization of the organism. Despite the fact that snot — a phenomenon quite common, ignore their appearance is impossible. In addition to noticeable discomfort, which resulted in the significantly reduced quality of life, untreated cold can lead to serious consequences, often manifested as an independent disease. So the chronic process can result in the development of sinusitis, the symptoms of which is severe headache and fever.
To begin treatment of the common cold be as early as possible. To quickly achieve the desired result is only possible with an integrated approach. A useful addition to conservative therapy is a special massage. According to studies, therapeutic massage is a very effective method of dealing with the cold. If you start it executing at the first appearance of rhinitis, it is possible to prevent the progression of the disease and prevent the development of complications.
The effectiveness of acupressure for the common cold
The technique of acupressure came to us from ancient Asia. By practitioners of Eastern medicine have developed a unique technique to get rid of many serious diseases through exposure to certain points of the human body. The appearance of the common cold is no exception.
Modern doctors this tactic was adopted and successfully used in many private clinics. In addition, her knowledge allows you to massage yourself. In medical practice, acupressure has the name acupressure.
It is advisable to highlight the main advantages of acupressure nose:
- ease of holding;
- efficiency with sufficient efficiency.
- the absence of contraindications;
- the speed of onset of the desired effect;
- acupressure for a runny nose at night relieves nasal congestion, which is especially effective for insomnia;
- the possibility of the use of this technique as a preventative measure;
- harmless, no addiction and complications of a systemic nature.
Performing acupressure does not involve ingestion of drugs. The principle of massage is the activation of internal resources of the body and sending them for inclusion of the biological processes that contribute to relieve inflammation, improve circulation and immunity.
The achievement of this effect is done by clicking on the active points in certain parts of the body with the signs of rhinitis. The purpose of this treatment is to relieve swelling, eliminate congestion, improve the quality of life and well-being.
In most cases, the result is noticeable immediately after the first massage.
Regular massage with rhinitis not only allow to consolidate the result, but also to achieve additional effects:
- get rid of night snoring;
- to halt the growth of adenoids in children;
- to strengthen the muscles of the nasopharynx;
- enhance the effects of drugs against the common cold, thereby reducing the dosage of drugs.
With the help of acupressure, it is possible to not only get rid of rhinitis, which manifests itself in an acute form, but chronic rhinitis, and also diseases that occur in the complicated form, such as atrophic rhinitis and hypertrophy of the nasal mucosa.
Acupuncture points on the body from the cold
Technique of massage has to be right. You first need to know which points to massage with a cold. These reflex zones are the sites of exit of nerve fibers. As a result of exposure to them quickly achieves a therapeutic effect. The picture of acupressure for a runny nose you can see below.
Data point it is advisable to list:
- point the nose (1) and just above (2);
- point near the ear trestles (3);
- the outer corners of the eye (4);
- the upper part between the nose and the lip (5);
- the tip of the nose (6);
- a single point between the eyebrows (7);
- fossa on the nape (8);
- the crown of the head (9);
- wrist (10);
- the area between the thumb and forefinger (11);
- the bottom of the big toe (12);
- points below the knees (13);
- the front part of the sole.
To speed up the procedure, massage the areas on the feet is recommended along with the massage on the head and facial area. For this you can use a special massage Mat.
Rules of massage
A comprehensive approach to the treatment of the disease involves conducting a series of massage sessions, not a one-time procedure to alleviate the patient’s condition. Massage with a cold in adults and children recommended at least 3 times a day. The duration should be 15 minutes. In acute rhinitis the course of therapy is 10 days, with chronicity of the process – 1 month.
When conducting a therapeutic massage from a cold should follow simple rules:
- Immediately before the procedure you should wash your hands with soap and warm up.
- Nails should be cut short, especially if the massage is done children.
- The work must be enabled thumb and index finger on both hands.
- The circular motion should be done clockwise. They should be smooth and alternate with gentle pressure on the acupuncture points. The final step is tapping on the same areas of the bones of the thumb.
- The procedure should start with the wings of the nose, then you should use the tip, hold the same pressing and stroking the area between the eyebrows and then work through all the other reflex points.
When performing acupuncture of the body, you can do better than this massage of the face and head. Each point should be given for 2 minutes.
Significant strengthening effect can be achieved if the active zone, apply the «star». Immediately after the massage is recommended to drink a mug of peppermint tea with honey.
Holding of acupressure does not involve the use of special equipment. All done in manual mode, and the duration is approximately 15 minutes.
Acupressure for a runny nose and nasal congestion has its contraindications. Although they are few, it is recommended to have about them some idea:
- Impact on the acupuncture areas on the body at an elevated temperature is prohibited.
- Absolutely contraindicated to conduct massage sessions, if areas of potential impacts are large moles and warts.
- Not allowed to massage the body with dermatozah manifestations and the presence of cuts and scratches.
- Acupuncture for the common cold-we can’t continue if they cause the opposite effect, discomfort or the occurrence of pain. The same can be said about the appearance of irritation of the skin near the nose: during the massage a painful area it is better to exclude.
Pay attention to the reaction preferably after the first session. And if it is positive, it is possible to pursue a full course of treatment.
You should bear in mind that to self-medicate is not recommended anyway, as there is a risk of harm to their own health and instead of the expected result is to drive the disease deeper. Despite the fact that acupuncture seems at first sight the technique is safe, before using it is recommended to consult a specialist.
On the question of whether giving a massage to a child with a cold can be answered positively, but only in the absence of contraindications.