Adult sinusitis: symptoms and treatment the first signs and symptoms
How it is expressed and treated sinusitis in adults?
Many people are faced with the inflammation of the maxillary sinus or sinusitis. The manifestation of sinusitis in adults and children has a number of distinct symptoms, which can determine the form of inflammation and its severity. Sinusitis is very common disease that is easily treatable in the early stages, but at later phases requires surgery. Most often, the inflammation of the sinusitis occurs in the cold season, when the immune system is weakened the patient.
The symptoms and treatment of sinusitis in the adult is always individual, but there is a common scheme of therapy. But before the appointment of therapy should undergo examinations by results of which the doctor will prescribe how to treat sinusitis.
The factors of occurrence of sinusitis and its symptoms
Inflammation of the mucous membrane of the sinuses is the most common disease of all ENT ailments. The frequency of its origin depends on the immune system of the patient and also because of a number of precipitating factors. Often inflammation of the maxillary sinus occurs due to hypothermia, frequent rhinitis, which was ignored in the early stages and also due to the penetration of virus or infectious bacteria.
Most often sinusitis occurs because of complications of the common cold, colds or flu.
Goes untreated respiratory inflammation only become a provoking factor, but the main cause be a bacterial infection.
The second common reason is inflammation of the teeth. Other reasons include:
- the penetration of Staphylococcus aureus;
- the development of an allergic reaction;
- vasomotor rhinitis;
- hypertrophic rhinitis;
- the pathological structure of the sinuses;
- a deviated septum;
- prolonged exposure to the sun;
- violations of the anatomy of the nasal cavity;
- delayed treatment of inflammation in the oral cavity;
- disease teeth;
- violation of oral hygiene of the mouth.
There are a number of factors that can trigger the onset of sinusitis. When they appear it is necessary to conduct comprehensive treatment. Otherwise, acute sinusitis can become chronic stage.
At this point many people wonder how to identify sinusitis in an adult? To determine the beginning of the formation of inflammation will help symptoms and the first signs of sinusitis:
- nasal congestion;
- respiratory failure;
- long-term rhinitis;
- the formation of mucous secretions;
- pain in the head or the temples;
- pressure in the nose;
- palpation of the nasal wings the person experiences extreme discomfort;
- pain in the gums;
- pain in the eyes and frontal sinuses;
- shooting pains in the head, aggravated by movement.
- the bouts of severe coughing;
- swelling of the nasal mucosa;
- swelling of the face;
- watery eyes;
- voice changing;
- the appearance of the nasal;
- loss of appetite;
- high temperature;
- violation of smell;
- sickening smell from the mouth;
Education inflammation of the mucous membrane of the sinuses caused by the appearance of the clinical picture of the disease. The first symptoms of sinusitis in adults do not differ severity.
At first the patients complain of severe rhinitis, which causes redness of the tip of the nose. Then the first signs of inflammation vary, and patients complain of purulent nasal discharge. In addition to the cold itself with pain in the maxillary sinuses, which tend to worsen at night.
Therefore, long-term rhinitis, we cannot ignore the inflammation and seek medical help. It is the runny nose is the first factor in the formation of sinusitis. At this time the body temperature rises up to 40 degrees. With the progression of inflammation, the patient experiences fatigue, weakness and signs of intoxication.
The standard treatment of sinusitis
Determining which signs in the sinus torment the patient should seek medical help. Sinusitis is dangerous for its consequences, so ignoring the disease can lead to otitis media, inflammation of the brain, the formation of chronic inflammation of the pharyngeal tonsils and so on. For this reason, it is necessary to treat the sinusitis in the first factors of the emergence of the disease.
Timely treatment of inflammation involves the examination of the body and comprehensive medical treatment. You first need to eliminate inflammation in the mucosa and nasal breathing to normalize, and then to withdraw the fluid from the paranasal sinuses. In the diagnosis of inflammation experienced doctor will quickly determine the form of the disease and make the necessary treatment.
It is impossible to refuse medication as pharmacotherapy is a necessary part for a complete cure. In addition, it is impossible to use drugs without prescription. Thus, you can only trigger the development of disease and cause more serious inflammation. After the start of treatment should not expect effective results after the first medication. Usually the severity of symptoms is reduced on the fourth day of treatment.
For the treatment of sinusitis, the following medicines:
- In acute sinusitis the necessary antibacterial drugs with minimal side effects which can in a short time to destroy the epicenter of the bacteria. Such drugs include: «Hemomitsin», «Amoxiclav», «Ofloxacin» and others.
- Eye drops not only ease nasal breathing, but also eliminate bacteria. In addition, these drugs do not have specific contraindications and effectively treat sinusitis. Doctors usually prescribe the following drugs: «Zialor», «Izofra», «Nazivin», «Sinuforte», «Polideksa», «Sofradeks».
- Acute sinusitis can not do without drugs that reduce the symptoms and promotes rapid recovery. Such drugs include «Ibuprofen», «Metronidazole», «Bioran», «Cinnabsin», «Guafenisin», «Muradin».
- In particularly serious cases, injections of «Penicillin», «Gentamicin», «Ceftriaxone». At various reactions to these drugs, you should select the drugs from the group of cephalosporin, aminoglycosides or penicillins.
The ineffectiveness of these methods of treatment, the patient is assigned to surgical intervention. Immediately after the puncture the patient feels significant relief and improvement in health. After the operation the patient is waiting for a rehabilitation course, in which required daily washing in the hospital.
Washing is necessary not only for rehabilitation. This method of treatment is used to improve well-being and is part of a comprehensive treatment. For the proper conduct of rinsing requires the following medication «other means», «Aqua Maris», «saline», «Kviks» and others.
In some cases, patients can appoint application of methods of folk medicine. Folk remedy for inflammation of the mucous membrane of the sinuses can reduce the symptoms of inflammation and help resolve inflammation, but to use recipes only after consultation with your doctor.
With proper treatment of diabetes and compliance to all the rules of the medication, the improvement comes after five days of treatment. To completely get rid of the disease after twelve days of complex treatment.