Allergic rhinitis in children: Komorowski talks about the treatment
How to treat allergic rhinitis in children according to Komarovsky?
Before how to treat allergic rhinitis in children, it is necessary to learn more about the disease, and only after that about the methods of its treatment.
Allergic rhinitis is one of the most common diseases which affects people irrespective of age and gender. While the number of patients is growing every year.
The description of the disease
Hay fever or allergic rhinitis is a disease that does not require special representation, because it is known to people since ancient times. In the period from spring to autumn, many experienced problems during the flowering plants, or mowing the crop, but no one knew that sneezing, coughing or even loss of consciousness is the body’s reaction to pollen.
This form of rhinitis is sometimes called hay fever, due to the fact that the scientist who discovered the disease, started sneezing around the dried hay stacks, after which he conducted a series of studies and carefully studied it.
The types of rhinitis
Allergic rhinitis can be divided into: year-round and seasonal.
- Year-round rhinitis has no reference to season, and its flash can appear at any time. As the cause can be almost anything: animal dander, dust, food, household chemicals, etc.
- Seasonal rhinitis manifestation, is directly linked to the exacerbation of allergic reactions in flowering plants, pollen. Moreover, the more contact with the causative agent or its concentration in the air, the more symptoms.
It is important to distinguish allergic rhinitis from cold. How to do it? Read in this article.
- inflammation of the mucous membrane of the nose;
- swelling of the face;
- nasal congestion;
- inflammation of the eye;
- frequent sneezing;
- mucous discharge from the nose.
During the acute illness, a person may experience great difficulty and inconvenience in everyday life. The symptoms can impact not only on the appearance of the patient, but also directly on its performance.
To get rid of the disease once and for all, is almost impossible. This can be done only completely eliminating contact with the causative agent. But you can reduce the symptoms due to the antihistamine preparations.
Read in this article how to treat a rhinitis?
The symptoms and treatment for Komarovsky should be determined solely by the allergist, who will find the pathogen. This is necessary in order to minimize contact with him or if possible completely eliminate it.
Currently, all funds from this disease can be divided into:
- System. Medications to combat the symptoms of oral type of reception and solutions for injections.
- Local. Solutions, aerosols, sprays, and nose drops.
Initially, treatment begins with medications that have no side effects. Their purpose, dosage and duration of treatment is determined by the allergist or otolaryngologist. In this regard, very popular are antihistamines, which occurs due to the relief of the inflammatory process, they are divided into:
- the drugs I generation. Their effectiveness is proven in all possible trials, but they have few side effects: memory impairment, CNS depression (Central nervous system), lethargy, impairment of attention, drowsiness. Suprastin is a Prime example of such funds;
- drugs II generation. These drugs block the receptors of histamine, relieving symptoms. It is highly active drugs that have virtually no side effects and do not affect the Central nervous system. Outstanding representatives of these funds are claritin and Zyrtec.
Read about other drugs that can help with allergic rhinitis.
The average course of treatment by such means is 10-14 days.
Dr. Komarovsky’s school also recommends to use in the fight against allergic rhinitis immunotherapy. It is a course of injections with special substances, which have similar symptoms, which causes the allergen.
With a gradual dose reduction, the body begins to get used to it and the symptoms subsides. But this kind of therapy can only be used if you have seasonal allergic reaction, and in that case, if the pathogen is known exactly.
Immunomodulatory drugs. An integrated therapy would not have been such if it had not been given a place for harmonization of immune system. In this case, apply vitamin complexes and dietary Supplements. Funds can only be used on prescription and under strict control.
These drugs should not scare the presence in its composition of hormones. They do not penetrate into the blood, so do not pose any danger. In this segment, one of the best is spray Nasonex.
Nasonex is used in case of any Allergy, regardless of classification. The tool is gradually absorbed through the mucous membrane of the nose, and then for 15-30 minutes, there is a visible decline symptoms, improves breathing. Analogues are considered, Flixonase and Amavis that act like.
Description popular treatments here.
In any case, therapy for children will be of a purely individual nature in each case. It is necessary not only to choose the right treatment and medication but also the dosage and the duration of the course.
E. O. Komarovsky argues that for effective treatment you must consult a specialist at the very first manifestations of symptoms. Only in this case, when the prescribed allergen, it is possible to talk about therapy without side effects.