Anti-inflammatory nose drops: how effective are they
What an effective anti-inflammatory nose drops?
Nasal drugs occupied a Central place in the complex treatment of inflammation of the mucous membrane of the nasal cavity. The goal of their destination – reducing the symptomatic manifestations of the disease, the elimination of pathogenic microflora and improving the condition of the patient. Drugs differ in composition, mechanism of action, duration of therapeutic effect, side effects.
The use of drugs, possessing anti-inflammatory properties and is recommended in the case when the mucous membrane is hyperemic, inflamed, and is swollen. This usually happens because of the harmful effects of pathogens, so often anti-inflammatory nose drops are composed of substances that have antibacterial or antiviral effect.
Anti-inflammatory nasal tools do well with a runny nose at a late stage of development when the pathology is accompanied by the secretion of thick mucous secretion, having a greenish tint.
When properly used drugs have the following effects on the body:
- normalize the production of mucous secret;
- improve nasal breathing;
- eliminate nasal congestion;
- reduce the severity of the manifestations of inflammation.
In addition, treatment with anti-inflammatory drops gives the following results:
- eliminates the inflammatory process localized in the nasopharynx;
- contributes to the destruction of pathogenic microorganisms;
- prevents the occurrence of undesirable complications of the common cold.
It is important to remember that all nasal preparations, which are aimed at removing inflammation, should be administered exclusively by the specialist.
Illiterate use of drugs of this type will not bring positive results, and more may significantly aggravate the situation. Only the doctor can choose the most appropriate medication based on the type of pathogen, characteristics of the flow of pathological process and age of the patient.
A list of the most popular tools
Today pharmacological market is just full of the drugs belonging to this group. They all have a meaningful impact on inflammation, have antimicrobial properties. Some of these funds differ in the composition of a combined, which can be included vasoconstrictive and antibacterial substances, antihistamines and gormonoterapii components.
The most commonly prescribed anti-inflammatory drops in the nose for adults and children include:
Attention! Anti-inflammatory drugs are selected individually in each case. Self-administration of drugs belonging to this group is not recommended.
The drug used for the treatment of rhinitis provoked by a viral infection. The drug inhibits the growth and reproduction of pathogenic microorganisms, preventing their spread into the lower respiratory tract. As the active ingredient drops is interferon, which inhibits the reproduction of viruses, making them unable to develop resistance to the drug.
Effective means of plant origin, prescribed for various ENT diseases, the main symptom of which is cold. Suitable for treating both adults and children.
The drug helps to eliminate nasal congestion, reduces swelling of the mucosa, reduces the formation of mucous discharge, reduces the severity of inflammation. In addition, drops normalises breathing, positive influence on the ventilation of the nasal passages, improve drainage of the paranasal sinuses.
Combined pharmaceutical preparation containing an antibacterial substance. Appointed in protracted rhinitis with purulent secretions, and for inflammation of the maxillary sinuses and otitis media.
The tool has anti-inflammatory, antibacterial, antimicrobial properties, is active against most strains of bacteria. Active ingredients drops contribute to narrowing of the blood vessels, reduce the severity of inflammation, inhibit the growth and reproduction of pathogenic agents.
Antiseptic medicinal agent based on colloidal silver. Is used for acute inflammatory processes, in the case of prolonged and purulent rhinitis and relieve sinusitis and other ENT diseases. Nasal the drug is having a devastating effect on various bacteria and fungi, reduces the sensitivity of the mucous membrane, produces a vasoconstrictor effect.
Nasal tool on the basis of sea water, can be used for both treatment and prevention of inflammatory processes in the nasopharynx. The drug has maximum harmlessness, so it can be used to treat even the youngest patients. The application of drops ensures the maintenance of normal physiological state of the mucous membrane, prevents it from drying and dysfunction.
The drug is an aqueous saline solution based on sea water. These drops in the nose have anti-allergic and anti-inflammatory action, stimulate local immunity, thus preventing the recurrence of inflammation. In addition, the Throat moistens the mucous membranes, washes out the nasal cavity pathological microorganisms, allergens and debris, nourishes mucous membranes with beneficial trace elements.
How to bury your nose
To the procedure for the instillation of nose produced the maximum therapeutic effect, it should be done correctly.
It is necessary to follow simple recommendations:
- Before carrying out medical procedures it is necessary to clear the nasal passages from the accumulation of mucous discharge. As for the kids who don’t know how to blow your nose independently, in this case, the cleansing of the nose should be carried out with a cotton turundae, or a small rubber bulb or a special nasal aspirator.
- The patient should take a horizontal position.
- The drug is instilled into each nostril alternately in the dosage recommended by the doctor or as specified in the attached instructions.
- Then one nasal passage, nostril, you must cover with your fingers. This will allow the medicine to spread throughout the mucosa and will not let him go outside. The same manipulations are performed with the second nasal passage.
- At the conclusion of therapy the patient needs some time to lie on your back, which will strengthen the effect of the procedure.
Any anti-inflammatory drug should be used in strict accordance with the prescribed guidelines.
Independent and irrational use of such drugs can only complicate the situation, especially when it comes to treating young children.
Side effects and contraindications
As with any drug, even when their wrong use can trigger the development of adverse reactions:
- burning sensation in the nasal passages;
- allergic reaction manifested in the appearance of a skin rash;
- dryness and irritation of the mucosa.
It is worth noting that tools of this type are among the safest of drugs, so the occurrence of side effects is very rare.
Do not want to use anti-inflammatory drops in the nose in such cases:
- in the presence of hypersensitivity to individual components of the drug;
- in case of allergic predisposition;
- sometimes in the first trimester of pregnancy and during lactation.
Nasal means – it is the most convenient dosage form of drugs. Nose drops act locally, so the minimum impact on other organs and tissues. While they are efficient and cope well with various inflammatory diseases even at advanced stages.
However, it is understood that the performance of such treatment depends on the proper and competent conduct it. So choose an anti-inflammatory nose drops for treatment of rhinitis in both adults and children should only doctor.