Antibiotics for inflammation of the appendages and ovaries: how to cure?
The health of the female reproductive system is the key to a normal pregnancy and healthy baby. Reproductive system, as is known, consists of the uterus, the fallopian tubes, which are also called appendages, and ovaries. Failure in normal operation, one link leads to the malfunction of the entire system. Unfortunately, today a leading position among the diseases of the female genitalia is given to inflammatory processes in the epididymis and ovaries.
The prevalence of inflammation of the fallopian tubes and ovaries is quite high – not less than 30-40% of all women of childbearing age. The disease most often is diagnosed in women from 20 to 45 years, but there are exceptions.
In modern gynecology differ in several forms of inflammatory processes in the ovaries and the fallopian tubes.
- Oophoritis is an inflammatory process, which affects the ovaries in women. The disease can be unilateral and bilateral, respectively, inflammation can affect one ovary and both paired sex glands.
- Salpingitis – inflammation of directly to the fallopian tubes in women.
- A salpingo-oophoritis is a complex inflammatory process that involves the disease and the ovaries, and appendages.
It should be noted that a separate oophoritis or salpingitis are extremely rare. In the majority of cases are diagnosed exactly salpingo-oophoritis is a complex disease consisting of inflammation of the appendages and ovaries. This is due to the fact that all the reproductive organs in women are closely related, and therefore, the disease of one organ almost always entails a loss, and other reproductive organs.
Causes of inflammation of the ovaries and appendages
The causes of inflammation in the pelvic organs can be very diverse. There is a number of factors that can directly affect the process of development of gynecological diseases in women:
- Due to its special anatomical structure normally, the pelvic organs are almost «sterile» condition and do not have their own pathogens. Therefore, pathogenic microorganisms, penetration into the reproductive organs, provoking the development of inflammation. Most of such microorganisms include chlamydia, viruses, streptococci, staphylococci, E. coli, fungi, Mycoplasma, Ureaplasma and others. The main route for the penetration of pathogenic microorganisms is unprotected sexual contact.
- Neglect rules of personal hygiene also contributes to the penetration of pathogenic microorganisms and viruses in organs of small pelvis. In some cases, women may have an allergic reaction at the expense of local contraception, latex, lubricants, means of intimate hygiene, which becomes the cause of the inflammation.
- Hypothermia, immunosuppression, Allergy to the male sperm during intercourse without a condom.
- A difficult birth, medical termination of pregnancy, various medical or diagnostic procedures on the reproductive organs.
- Installing or removing the IUD, in the same way as long-term wear can cause inflammation.
- Vaginal dysbiosis leads to inflammation of the fallopian tubes.
The symptoms of the inflammatory process
It should be noted that inflammation of the ovaries and fallopian tubes can occur in several forms – acute, subacute and chronic. Each of these forms has its own symptoms and its clinical picture. Signs of inflammation of the ovaries differ.
Signs of inflammation of the acute form:
- The appearance of pain in the lower abdomen that can be given in the lower back or hip. The painful symptoms are felt on one or both sides, they are long and continuous, their intensity may change.
- Minumental bleeding that appear between periods and have varying degrees of abundance. Can be discharge with an admixture of pus.
- More frequent urination. Thus, the process of urination is accompanied by sharp pains and cramps.
- Pain and discomfort during intercourse are typical symptoms of inflammation.
- On palpation of the ovaries increased in size, palpation is accompanied by painful sensations.
- A sharp deterioration of General condition, weakness, headache, fever.
In identifying himself above symptoms you should immediately contact the doctor, as the treatment of the acute form of inflammation is produced only in a hospital. The subacute form of the inflammatory process is very rare and does not last long, and then comes to a sharp.
For chronic forms of inflammation of the appendages characterized by such symptoms:
- Pain in the lower abdomen acquires a drawing, aching character. Before menstruation, after sex, or when hypothermia pain symptoms worse.
- Appear discharge from the genital tract, which may be purulent or watery in nature. Often these symptoms are accompanied by itching, redness, a burning sensation in the vulva.
- Pain and discomfort during sexual intercourse. At the same time, the pain can be so intense that the woman there is a complete loss of libido.
- Very often, women is change in the menstrual cycle and the abundance of menstruation. They can become even more abundant and scarce.
A woman with inflammation of the fallopian tubes and ovaries experiencing serious difficulties with conception. As a rule, later dysfunction of the reproductive system pregnancy does not occur even after an active and unprotected sex life. That is why the inflammatory process in women always need to be treated. Treatment of disease should begin with a visit to the gynecologist, who will conduct the inspection of organs of small pelvis, pipes and prescribe laboratory studies. Only on the basis of the complete clinical picture treatment of inflammation of the appendages and ovaries.
Drug treatment of inflammation of the ovaries and appendages
The treatment of the inflammatory process depends entirely on what the causative agent was triggered by the disease. Drug treatment is based on the use of drugs, the main effect of which aimed at the destruction of the causative agent of diseases – such drugs include antibacterial tablets, anti-inflammatory agents, immunomodulators. In most cases, the treatment of inflammation of the appendages and ovaries begins with antibiotic therapy, which is assigned by the treating specialist.
Immediately prior to antibiotics a full gynecological examination of the appendages, the taking of a vaginal swab and colposcopy – all these steps are necessary to determine the causative agent of the inflammation and its sensitivity to antibacterial preparations. After that is recommended to test for sensitivity to the selected antibiotic in the absence of allergic reactions it is recommended to start the treatment. It should be noted that antibacterial tablets for inflammation of the fallopian tubes can be applied in any form – oral, intravenous, intramuscular.
What are the antibiotics used in the treatment of inflammation?
- Penicillins broad-spectrum – effective in various inflammatory processes in the pelvis. Drugs penicillin possess a pronounced bactericidal action, they do not cause habituation of the organism and have low side effects. Such pills antibiotics include Ampicillin, Oxacillin, Augmentin, Ampiox.
- Antibiotics for inflammation of the ovaries tetracycline are highly efficient regarding staph infection and also some protozoa. The disadvantages of antibiotics tetratziklinovogo spectrum can be attributed to the low degree of effectiveness against mold fungi, acid-fast bacteria and pathogenic organisms of the urinary tract. In addition, tetracyclines can cause numerous side effects. Such drugs include Tetracycline and Doxacycline, which is its counterpart.
- Macrolides – a modern broad-spectrum antibiotics, which are likely to have pronounced anti-inflammatory and bactericidal effect. Highly effective relatively macrolides staphylococci, streptococci, chlamydia, Mycoplasma. The modern macrolides are Azithromycin, Sumamed, Klacid, Erythromycin.
- Fluoroquinolones are a group of modern, highly efficient antibacterial drugs that are recommended for the treatment of inflammatory process of ovaries and fallopian tubes. These medications are effective on almost all known microorganisms. To these pharmacological drugs include Ciprofloxacin, Ofloxacin, Tebris, Abaktal.
- Very often in the process of treatment of gynecological diseases are nitroimidazole – Metronidazole, Metrogyl, Trihopol. Nitromidazole found wide application due to its high efficiency against most of known gram-positive and gram-negative microorganisms.
In most cases it is recommended to apply complex treatment of inflammation, including the use of multiple antibiotic drugs. How long is the antibiotic treatment? To answer this question can only be the attending specialist, who carefully observes the condition of the reproductive system of the woman and the course of the inflammatory process. Typically, the duration of treatment may vary from 10 to 14 days.
Vaginal suppositories for the treatment of inflammation
Drug treatment of inflammatory process of the fallopian tubes and ovaries is the use of not only antibiotics, but anti-inflammatory drugs, immunomodulators. Also recommended the use of pharmacological agents to eliminate pain syndrome and normalization of microflora of the genital organs.
Widespread vaginal suppositories. And this is not surprising, because candles allow to transport the active ingredients of the drug directly at specific site of localization of inflammation. For the treatment of gynecological diseases can with equal frequency and efficiency be used as a vaginal suppositories and vaginal suppositories. Accordingly, depending on the pharmacological form of the candle can be placed directly into the vagina or rectum. The optimal form of suppositories selects only the attending gynecologist.
Modern gynecology offers a variety of candles to eliminate the inflammatory process. They are divided into several groups – antibacterial (antiviral) and anti-inflammatory, analgesic and regenerative.
- Antibacterial candles in most cases are composed of Betadine, chlorhexidine, pimafucin and other active ingredients, which have a pronounced antiviral effect. Such suppositories are Terginan, cough medicine, Betadine, Indomethacin, Hexicon, Poliginaks.
- Diclofenac, Movalis – antispasmodic candles, which are used for the relief of pain in the pelvic organs.
- Longidasa recovery vaginal suppositories, which are used to expedite regeneration of reproductive organs. This medication and other restorative candles are often used to prevent postoperative complications after surgical interventions on the female reproductive organs.
These vaginal suppositories are more gentle on the female body than antibiotics, and therefore allowed to use even during pregnancy. The duration of treatment with vaginal suppositories you must determine together with your doctor. It is generally recommended to use one candle per day, introducing it just before bedtime. Duration of treatment is 7 to 14 days. Vaginal suppositories is an effective auxiliary therapy to accelerate the healing process and reduce the likelihood of developing various complications of the inflammatory process.