Beet juice cold medicine to children: treatment and prescription
How to treat a cold beet juice?
Beets from the cold is an alternative to medical therapy, natural remedy, which can be used during pregnancy. The juice can be obtained from the fresh or cooked root, it is well tolerated and in short terms helps to cope with the main symptoms of rhinitis.
Fans of alternative medicine claim that it is better to give preference to beets which has a cylindrical shape. Choose large, firm and dark fruit they contain more nutrients and minerals.
Beet juice from a cold: advantages and disadvantages
Treatment of cold beet juice has a number of advantages and disadvantages. In some cases, such treatment is unacceptable, because it can lead to serious complications.
The main advantages of this method of treatment should include:
- Good tolerability, since the juice is a product of organic origin.
- Minimum side-effects and contraindications.
If you compare these «drops» that are sold in pharmacies, they are not able to cause the body serious harm, cause addiction.
In addition, beet juice helps:
- to combat infectious diseases of the nasopharynx;
- to liquefy thick mucus;
- to reduce swelling of the mucous membrane;
- to speed up the recovery process.
Important. Nose drops of beet will help to not only get rid of a cold. They positively affect blood vessels, they are used in the treatment of atherosclerosis and thrombosis.
But such wonderful medication there are a number of disadvantages:
- The use of beet juice can cause allergic reaction.
- As a result of using the skin may appear red because beets contain powerful natural dye.
- The medicine may not give the desired effect.
In rare cases, the juice from the root can cause fainting, disturbances of perception of consciousness, lethargy, irritability, etc., the appearance of such signs is to abandon the use of beet juice and urgently to address to the doctor.
Read about how to cure common cold onion drops.
And the link describes effective methods of treatment of rhinitis at home.
How to treat a cold beet juice?
Before you begin treatment is to treat the root, it will have:
- to wash (you can use cold water or scalding beets with boiling water to clean better);
- peel (the skins should cut a thin layer, you can use boiled beets, but in the treatment of runny nose it is not as effective).
- once the vegetables are ready, they are grinded and dipped in a blender or a juicer. The resulting juice sent to the refrigerator for a few minutes. Then it is diluted with water, various complement components, and instilled into the nose several times a day in a specific pattern.
Recipes or methods of application:
- The easiest recipe is to dilute the juice with pure water, keeping the ratio of 2 to 1 and after a few minutes drip agent in the nose.
- You can Supplement the medicine with honey. For this purpose it is pre-diluted with water, then bring to 3 tablespoons means 1 teaspoon of honey, diluted with warm water. If liquid honey, to dilute it is not necessary, if the product different density, is a little to dilute it, to bring to desired consistency.
- By combining beet juice with carrot juice, you can get a good remedy for the common cold. The components are mixed in equal proportions and Supplement them with vegetable oil.
- If you mix the juice of beets and carrots in equal proportions, and then Supplement it with honey, it is possible to obtain an effective remedy for the common cold. Pre-juices diluted with water, and then complement the warm liquid and honey.
Attention! To apply medication is necessary 3-4 times a day. To dig the nose is recommended after carrying out hygienic procedures, pre-clearing the sinuses of mucus.
Beet juice from a cold children how to apply:
- If rhinitis is diagnosed in a child, you can use traditional medicine as an alternative therapy. Just before drip in nose remedy is to make sure that the baby is not allergic to it.
- Children not buried pure beet juice, it is definitely worth plant is clean, preferably distilled water.
- Then give the drops a little stand, and after you start treatment.
If the child is under 3 years, the nose is buried will have no less than 3-4 times a day. If the baby is a bit older (3-4 years), then the procedure is performed less often, 2-3 times a day. But in each sinus drip 3 drops.
In the treatment of children should be wary to use the people’s money before you start treatment you should consult with your doctor. Otherwise there is the risk of complications and unwanted side effects.
You can use beet juice during pregnancy from a cold, it is well tolerated, but may lead to the development of:
- A severe allergic reaction, especially if the medication comes honey.
- Discomfort, burning, and irritation in the area of the sinuses.
During pregnancy a woman’s body is extremely sensitive. So you should be wary of not only medicines, but also various traditional medicines.
In General, the reviews about using beet juice as cure for the common cold can be characterized as positive. Here are a few comments from people who used this folk remedy for the treatment of rhinitis:
Elena 22 years old Saint-Petersburg: When a child, faced with the problem of chronic rhinitis. Because breast fed my daughter any medication use was impossible. Grandma advised instilled into the nose of beet juice. At the beginning of treatment experienced a burning sensation, discomfort. And then it passed. Very pleased with the result. Now dripping juice daughter’s nose when she is showing the first signs of a cold.
Valery 30 years. Kemerovo: Regularly buried his nose beet juice, it is not addictive as Naphazoline. The result does not appear immediately after about 3-4 days. Reinforce treatment with sea water and drops of essential oils.
Summing up, it should be noted that beet juice is a proven tool that can be used for the treatment of children and pregnant women.
Folk medicine may be part of a comprehensive therapy, but before start treatment you should consult with your doctor or at least make sure that the person is not allergic to beet juice or other components of the medication.