Bilateral sinusitis treatment and symptoms and how to treat it what it is
How to treat bilateral nasal?
Sinusitis is a respiratory disease characterized by the development of an active inflammatory process occurring in the mucosa of the maxillary (maxillary) sinuses. The term «sinusitis» is composed of two parts: «gamor» — maxillary nasal sinus and it is the inflammation.
In fact, what is sinusitis as a kind of sinusitis, in which the inflammatory process can affect any one of the paired sinuses: the left or right side, or both. Therefore, sinusitis is classified according to the localization of manifestations can be: right, left, bilateral. At untimely treatment very often develop complications, often manifesting in the form of an independent ailments.
Types of sinusitis and their main symptoms
The occurrence of bilateral sinusitis occurs under the influence of certain causal factors. It depends on the nature of the disease and its main symptoms.
The inflammatory process can proceed differently, due to different infectious agents. Identifying the causal factor and its exception is the first objective when carrying out qualitative diagnostics and treatment. This approach will prevent the development of adverse effects and complications.
Pathogenic microbes are often the cause of various diseases. For example, respiratory tract infections often lead to the development of sinusitis. The disease is characterized by inflammation of the maxillary sinuses, developing on both sides, and bears the name of viral sinusitis.
The main symptom of pathology is a violation of nasal breathing accompanied by accumulation of mucus in the sinuses. In this case, purulent discharge, usually absent.
About the presence of disease indicates a pronounced edema of the mucosa, which can be easily seen when diagnosis through x-rays, as seen in the photo below. With the proper approach to the treatment of the disease is retreating a month after it began.
Learn how to identify a viral or bacterial rhinitis.
Complicated forms of pathology developed is extremely rare. To prevent them it is recommended to timely instill vasoconstrictor nose drops, to do nasal irrigation, and drink plenty of fluids, washing out the infection from the body.
In the initial form of viral sinusitis may occur joining of a bacterial infection. This type of pathology is a serious complication of viral rhinitis, symptoms which become noticeable about the 14th day after infection.
The main symptoms of this disease are:
- the formation of pus in the sinuses;
- the manifestation of fever;
- the occurrence of pain.
When bacterial sinusitis quality of life is much worse. Clarify the diagnosis is carried out by means of x-ray inspection and computed tomography. The kind of bacteria detected on the basis of the analysis of mucosal secretions.
The development of sinusitis of a bacterial nature often occurs as a result of infection in the maxillary sinus from the roots of damaged teeth. For this reason, it is important to keep the mouth in good condition and in a timely manner to treat teeth and visit the dentist regularly.
See also if you can hurt your teeth in the sinus.
Find out how dangerous the neighborhood of the teeth and maxillary sinuses.
The development of fungal sinusitis may occur due to treatment with antibiotics. Contributing factors to this are:
- lowered immunity;
- the presence of diabetes;
- diseases of the blood;
The development of the bilateral maxillary sinusitis caused by fungal infection, the presence of the following signs:
- the occurrence of pain in the sinuses;
- a perceptible change in the hue of the mucous discharge: they can acquire a rich brown and black color.
Pathology can develop as a result of injuries, bruises and fractures of the nose, leading to a deformation of the nasal septum. In case of serious mechanical damage of the maxillary sinus in which accumulated blood. The smallest of infection can cause inflammation and the development of sinusitis.
Pathology is developed in the result of unsuccessful surgery, in which there was a displacement of bone tissue. The nasal cavity is exposed to any infection.
How to give first aid to a man with a nose injury? Read in this article.
Exists in otolaryngology and such a thing as allergic sinusitis. Agents of the disease are allergens, chemical or natural origin.
If you hit them in the nose from allergies, edema of the nasal mucosa which ultimately leads to sinusitis.
Inflammation of allergic origin, accompanied by:
- shortness of sneezing;
- obsessive itching;
- the increase in secretory discharge from the nose;
- the weight in the nose and the cheeks.
Forms of occurrence of pathology
Bilateral sinusitis can occur in acute and chronic form. Acute sinusitis differs from chronic not only on the duration of the flow, but also has other symptoms. Moreover, the consequences of these diseases also may vary.
The location of the bags under the eyes and swelling of the eyelids can judge which side the inflammatory process develops more.
Acute bilateral maxillary sinusitis
The disease is characterized by several characteristics, among which are:
- the increase in body temperature;
- severe headaches.
During tilting of the head, as a result of increased pressure on the wall of the nasal sinuses, there is an increase in pain. These symptoms are often accompanied by additional symptoms: increases secretion of lacrimal glands and photophobia.
As a result of nasal congestion in acute form of disease, difficult nasal breathing. To secretory the nasal discharge often mixed with pus. This leads to a reduction of smell, swelling of the nose and eyelids. In such cases, can even swelling of the cheeks.
The maximum duration of acute sinusitis lasts 4 weeks.
The chronic form
In this case, the pathology is characterized by the duration of the flow. The symptoms are the following:
- a runny nose accompanied by nasal congestion;
- constant fatigue;
- increased headache in the evenings.
The chronic process in the sinus indicates that it is necessary to take action. And if that was not done in a timely manner, it is possible to expect the development of serious complications, among which are noted:
- swelling of the brain;
- brain abscess;
- varicose veins, often leading to thrombosis;
- swelling of eye tissues;
- and several others.
When you see warning signs, indicating the development of pathological process, you should contact the clinic for the treatment of ENT-diseases. The audiologist will conduct a survey and tell you how and what to treat bilateral nasal.
Confirmation of the diagnosis is carried out not only by detailed examination of the patient and palpation, as well as using more progressive methods of research:
- computed tomography;
- studies ultrasound;
- cultural and microscopic examination through the puncture;
- the General analysis of blood.
Qualitative diagnosis of bilateral maxillary sinusitis is conducted to confirm the secretory secretions from the nostrils and identify the localization of the affected area.
Treatment bilateral maxillary sinusitis
Treatment bilateral maxillary sinusitis involves several approaches:
- Treatment of acute form of pathology is carried out by means of conservative therapy and methods of traditional medicine. In other words, assume a comprehensive approach. It should be noted that warming of the nose in acute sinusitis is strictly prohibited.
- Treatment of chronic forms is usually limited to medication therapy and carrying out physiotherapy. Normally, in the course of treatment included heating using dry heat and inhalation treatments.
The scheme of treatment of the patient is selected depending on the type of agent that cause inflammation of the maxillary sinuses:
- Pathology of viral etiology. To achieve the result it is enough to drug therapy, which could be alternated with washes and inhalations. Such patients are usually prescribed antiviral drugs. Not superfluous sometimes and the concurrent use of the means and methods of alternative medicine, which fit into the official for a long time.
- The inflammation bacterial treated with antibiotic therapy. The duration of the course depends on the variety of microorganisms, severity of disease and individual characteristics of the organism.
- Fungal sinusitis. The treatment is by use of antifungal drugs and immunomodulators.
- Traumatic sinusitis. In this case, it is assumed surgical intervention for elimination of consequences of injury of the nose.
- Allergic sinusitis. Antibiotic therapy in this case is not possible, because such treatment is absolutely useless. Mainly, this scenario is the identification and elimination of the irritant factor, nasal lavage and treatment through the use of anti-allergic drugs.
Drug treatment bilateral maxillary sinusitis is to remove the main symptoms through the instillation and nasal lavage. If timely measures are able to restore of nasal breathing, eliminate swelling, stop the reproduction of pathogens and the spread of infection.
Selection of drugs carried out by the otolaryngologist based on the individual characteristics of the human body, the nature of the course of disease and its variants.
When sinusitis can be assigned vasoconstrictor drops and sprays that it is advisable to apply therapeutic drugs, having anti-bacterial properties, including drops of essential oils.
Very good therapeutic effect is achieved by washing the nose with salt water or saline solution. With the same purpose are used with antiseptic solutions (Furatsilin) and bacteriophages (Sextape).
With bilateral sinusitis can be treated with antibiotics penicillin or tsefalosporinovoy groups, as well as macrolides and fluoroquinolones. Systemic therapy includes antihistamines, drugs that have anti-inflammatory, and homeopathic medicines.
Puncture of the sinuses
In the case where medical therapy has failed, the patient is assigned a puncture of the maxillary sinus. The operation is based on absolute indication and the General condition of the body.
The procedure is performed in the following way:
- in the nasal passage inserted a tampon soaked in painkillers;
- mucus and pus are removed by means of a syringe;
- sinuses are in turn subjected to lavage with saline;
- then they are treated with antibiotics and anti-inflammatory drugs;
- the needle is removed, and the puncture is inserted into a special catheter, through which you can do the washing.
Folk remedies for the treatment
Pathology treatment with traditional medicine can be included in a range of activities. However, you must consult your doctor.
Warming nose is allowed in any form of bilateral sinusitis, purulent except and only to the catarrhal stage. Warm up can be used dry heat: salt or boiled eggs. As appropriate to the conduct of inhalation with the addition of essential oils and herbs. Warming effect through the stimulation of blood flow, due to which increase protective forces of an organism and the recovery occurs much faster.
Prevention of disease consists in carrying out of tempering procedures, timely treatment of colds and increase immunity.