Bladder prolapse in women: causes, symptoms and treatment
Bladder prolapse is a common disease, which is also called in the medical literature cystocele. This pathology is often diagnosed among men and among women. But still the main risk group are women, which is associated with numerous pregnancies, a difficult birth and various physical surges. What is the disease?
First of all, for typical cystocele prolapse or prolapse of the bladder, which is a result of the weakening muscular system and ligaments that support the bladder in a «suspended» state. The result is a rapid reduction in tone of the muscle-ligamentous complex changes to the anatomical position of the bladder in a downward direction.
Is the so-called «loss» of the internal organ. This process causes considerable discomfort women often complain of serious problems with normal urination, uchenymi and false desires in the toilet. In some cases, when the progressive development of cystocele woman may be concerned about such a delicate issue as urinary incontinence, which is particularly enhanced by any physical wall tension of the bladder – for example, while laughing or coughing.
Causes of bladder prolapse
Causes of bladder prolapse can be very diverse, but they all have a negative impact on the condition and tone of the muscle-ligamentous apparatus of the bladder. Such reasons may include the following:
- One of the main causes of loss of bladder is a significant hormonal imbalance in the female body. Hormonal failure can be the result of a «restructuring» in the body. Most often we are talking about a period of natural extinction – menopause. At this time there is a sharp decrease in the level of estrogen in the blood, which leads to a significant weakening of muscle tone.
- Often prolapse of the bladder becomes a natural result of pregnancy or a difficult birth, as in the process of labor, the ligaments and muscles of the vagina are stretched and extremely deformed. It should be noted that such pathology is found only in women undergoing natural childbirth. After caesarean section the risk of cystocele is almost minimal.
- Intense physical effort, frequent heavy lifting, the most negative impact on the condition of the female body and can lead to prolapse of the bladder.
- Weight problems can act as causes of bladder prolapse. Rapid weight loss, exactly the same as obesity can cause various urinary problems, among which we can highlight and prolapse of the bladder.
- Is important in the formation of this disease is also a genetic factor. For example, women may be hereditary predisposition to such abnormalities, or congenital abnormality of the pelvic organs.
- Such a condition may be observed after a variety of surgeries gynaecological.
- To provoke prolapse of the bladder can long problems with the gastrointestinal tract. The most common cause of pathology be systematic constipation, which lead to excessive strain on the muscular system in the process of defecation. That is why it is important to regularly monitor your stool and prevent any glitches.
- Cause of hair loss the bladder can be of various neoplastic processes in the pelvic area, which may have both benign and malignant.
The main symptoms of bladder prolapse in women
Loss of bladder is an extremely common problem, which is particularly frequent concern of women after childbirth. Cystocele can greatly degrade the health of women, as well as overall quality of life. The main symptoms of loss of bladder include:
- The main symptom of this disease is urinary incontinence, which is particularly enhanced in any attempt to stretch the walls of the press. All attempts to lift weights is also accompanied by involuntary urination.
- Urinary incontinence also increases during laughter, coughing or sneezing.
- Strong nervous shock, common, everyday stressful situations are also accompanied by involuntary urination.
- Common symptoms of loss of bladder are pain in the lower abdomen that can «give» in the lumbar area. Pain is accompanied with any sexual contact.
- The characteristics of cystocele are disturbances to normal urination – sudden, more frequent urination in the toilet that cannot be controlled. Such urination are also called imperative. In this case, the process is difficult, even after frequent visits to the toilet, the woman feels that the bladder is not sufficiently emptied.
- The emergence of a feeling of heaviness, discomfort in the genital area.
- A prolapsed bladder is characterized by uchenymi infections of the urinary system.
In identifying the first signs of the pathological process, you should immediately contact your healthcare specialist for treatment. When cystocele is impossible to delay, as at the advanced stage the bladder may not just fall, but to fall out of the vagina, which could have very serious and adverse consequences.
Treatment of bladder prolapse
In identifying the female bladder prolapse requires a comprehensive approach to treatment. When choosing a method of treatment, the doctor must take into account such factors as the age of the patient, the severity of the pathological process, the presence of other concomitant diseases. As a rule, the main and most effective way to treat bladder prolapse is considered surgery. But many experts are trying initial stages of the pathology to be treated without an operation.
Excellent effect you can get from regular exercise, special physiotherapy exercises. Especially effective are Kegel exercises – specifically designed and recommended for strengthening of the muscular system women with prolapse of the bladder. PE Kegel is the systematic tension and relaxation of muscles. These exercises can be performed in any position – lying, sitting or standing. In most cases, already in 14-20 days be seen the first positive results.
One of the additional conservative treatment methods is the use of special vaginal necessary to discontinue. Such pessary are selected for each woman individually, after which the doctor sets the device in the correct position. Vaginal pessary extremely important role as they greatly simplify the process of control of urination and ensure reliable support the bladder in the correct anatomical position.
In advanced stages of prolapse bladder conservative treatment becomes virtually impossible and is replaced by surgery. To date, the optimal method of surgical treatment of cystocele becomes laparoscopy in which the surgeon makes all the necessary plastic and restorative procedures. During laparoscopic surgery restores the normal anatomic position of the pelvic organs.