Bleeding from the nose in an adult: causes of bleeding and what to do
Why bleeding from the nose and what to do in such cases?
A bloody nose is a pathological condition that causes anxiety in most patients. If you receive this status the person must quickly and competently provide first aid.
It is further recommended to seek the assistance of the doctor, which will be the cause of the nosebleed in adults and defined by rational treatment.
The causes of pathology
The pathological condition can be observed on the background of local or systemic causes. In some cases the person becomes a perpetrator of epistaxis:
- A pathological condition may appear on the background of rastarivanie of the mucous membrane of the nails.
- If a person blows his nose sharply, this leads to epistaxis.
- Pathology observed in the injury of the nose against the background of shocks and drops.
- If the human nose fall foreign body, it can lead to pathological condition. It often happens in children.
- Cause of pathology are inflammation – sinusitis, sinusitis, accompanied by the release of mucus with blood.
In the formation in the nasal cavity crusts observed injury of the mucous membrane that causes scant bleeding. They can also appear in the background:
- neoplastic processes;
- allergic reactions;
- deformation of the nasal cartilages;
- dry air in the room;
- atrophied mucosa.
The causes of nosebleeds can be frequent inhalation of the powdered form of the drug. After plastic surgery some patients are diagnosed with nasal bleeding.
Cause blood from the nose can be a variety of diseases:
- If disturbed the health of the heart or blood vessels, it may lead to epistaxis.
- Often bleeding from the nose on a background of dystonia or high blood pressure.
- If the person takes medication, the effect of which is aimed at thinning the blood, it can lead to nosebleeds.
- In some cases it is observed in case of problems with blood clotting.
- If the human body is lacking vitamins, it reduces the elasticity of the connective tissue, resulting in pathological conditions.
- The bleeding is commonly observed in people who abuse alcohol.
- In some instances blood running from his nose on the background of stress, lack of sleep, overwork.
- The fairer sex during pregnancy and menopause, as well as in adolescents the pathology observed on the background of an imbalance of hormones.
- The cause of epistaxis can be hereditary permeability of vessels.
- If a person is overheated in the sun, it can lead to bleeding.
There are plenty of reasons for bleeding, which is strictly forbidden to ignore. Why bleeding from the nose can be determined only by the doctor. If is often observed in this pathology it is necessary to seek help from a specialist.
The provision of first aid
Most people don’t know what to do if bleeding from the nose? The patient must provide competent first aid.
- Initially the patient provide the correct posture in a semi-sitting position.
- Leg is put aside, and the head tilted slightly forward, allowing the blood to freely flow out of the nasal passages.
- In the presence of tight collars, belts, bras they necessarily undo.
- With a mild nosebleed for a few minutes to clamp the wings of the nose. This will lead to the slowing of blood flow, pressure and vessel blockage.
- If the nosebleed does not stop, then you must use cotton swabs that are pre-soaked in hydrogen peroxide. They are inserted into each nostril. In this case it is necessary to breathe through the mouth.
Attention! To stop epistaxis, the patient must be put cold in the nose in the form of ice or wet wipes.
When the cause of bleeding was overheating in the sun, then carry the victim into the shade. To the nasal septum apply a cold compress. In heat stroke the patient hospitalitynet. Quite often, nasal bleeding, the person loses consciousness. In this case it must be laid on its side and call an ambulance.
What not to do
In the period of epistaxis is strictly prohibited crowding the head back. When performing this action, the blood will get into the throat and cause vomiting.
The strong tilt of the head in front when bleeding is contraindicated, as this may lead to an increase in the intensity of bleeding.
Doctors do not recommend patients to vysmarkivatsya, as this will interfere clogged damaged vessels. To be in a horizontal position, the patient is prohibited.
Folk remedies to stop bleeding
If bleeding from the nose, then you can use folk remedies. The ideal option would be nettle juice. It is necessary to moisten a cotton swab and insert them into each nostril. You can use the juice of yarrow.
Doctors recommend the use of bark viburnum.
To prepare the tincture you need to take 10 grams of chopped raw materials and pour a glass of water.
This tool infused for 5-10 minutes, and then filtered.
In medicine it is necessary to moisten turundeki and paste them in the nose.
If the cause of bleeding become dry crusts on the mucous membrane, then they are softening after the bleeding stops. To do this, use sunflower oil or vaseline.
When you need medical help
With the appearance of pain, swelling or deformation of the bone also requires the help of highly skilled professionals.
If a person is bleeding badly for 20 minutes and cannot stop — you need to call an ambulance.
If the cause of bleeding are hormonal or krovanistaya drugs, then the patient must stop taking them and consult with your doctor.
If you suspect the presence of a foreign body in the nasal cavity, it is necessary to contact the medical center how to withdraw it is possible in rare occasions.
Epistaxis may occur through the fault of the patient or the presence of serious diseases. The appearance of pathology of man is needed urgently to provide first aid.
If nosebleeds occur repeatedly, then you must contact your doctor who will determine the cause and prescribe rational treatment.