Breast augmentation implants
One of the most popular worldwide types of operations carried out by plastic surgeons, is surgery for breast enlargement. Surgery to increase the breast volume, also called augmentation with breast implants. None of that exists in the world a tool that is designed to increase the size of the breast or to lift and elasticity, is not able to give such results, what can be achieved with the help of mammoplasty. Procedure breast augmentation, or rather, her results, allow women to feel more confident in intimate and everyday life. However, decided on such a procedure, women need to understand that the result largely depends on the professionalism of specialists in this field of surgery.
Types of implants
Endoscopic breast augmentation to a greater extent had to focus on the results of an aesthetic character, because there was no treatment effect of it is not. This type of surgery involves the use of implants. Most often in hospitals used silicone implants, but there are also saline. Another option is increase breast lipofilling using your own fat tissue of the patient. However, this method is less effective for getting elegant forms than joint replacement, but at the same time and is less invasive and costly.
The types of mammoplasty
Aesthetic plastic surgery allows you to change not only the volume but also its shape and the contours of the areola and nipple. Importantly, after the surgery the Breasts to look as natural as possible. There are three ways of placing the implant, as well as different options for incisions during surgery. The quality of the final result also depends on the chosen implant, which is characterized by shape, material, size, texture and many other parameters. Most suitable option is chosen by the surgeon individually for each patient.
The main types of mammoplasty are breast augmentation, when the form is saved or comes close to the classic; lifting, in which there is a correction frame of the skin to change the shape of the breast; a full tummy, after which there is a lot of seams and there is no further possibility of feeding the baby.
Reasons and indications for the procedure
As has been said, there was no treatment effect from breast augmentation for women there is, therefore, no strict medical indication for the procedure. Reasons, purely aesthetic in nature, there is a huge number. The most common among them are:
- individual anatomical features (Breasts small size (micromastia));
- asymmetrical Breasts;
- the deformation of the breast forms as a result of lactation in the form of ptosis (drooping Breasts), loss of elasticity, deformation areolas and nipples;
- defects of the breast due to cancer operations;
- unsuccessful surgery to change the size of mammary glands;
- underdevelopment of the breast;
- the inferiority complex caused dissatisfaction by their shapes and size;
- the desire to please the opposite sex;
- breast reduction as a result of severe weight loss;
- tubular shape of the breast etc.
The most common reason is associated with the personal discomfort and lack of confidence. Endoscopic breast augmentation allows women to again feel attractive.
Contraindications to breast enlargement
Although plastic surgery that increases breast, not dangerous and has a small rehabilitation period, it still has several limitations. These include:
- patient reached the age of majority (only on individual performance may be the exception);
- some diseases of the blood (clotting disorder);
- diseases of the kidneys, lungs and cardiac system;
- diabetes mellitus;
- hormonal disorders;
- autoimmune disorders;
- cancer of the breast;
- all types of tumors in the breast tissue;
- certain pathologies of the breast;
- infectious diseases;
- inflamed skin in the chest area;
- chronic purulent processes;
- nulliparous women.
Only after a thorough examination, the specialist determines whether to perform endoscopic breast augmentation.
Period before surgery
The first call to the clinic is Advisory in nature. Turning to the plastic surgeon, the patient needs to tell him about all their physical features, surgeries and illnesses, the presence of disease at the time of treatment and other important aspects. The surgeon, in turn, should inform the woman about possible solutions to her problems, to talk about the risks and complications to be aware of limitations in connection with the procedure of breast augmentation (Smoking cessation, baths and saunas with temperatures above 90 degrees, the prohibition to engage in certain sports, etc.). Also, the expert must provide information about the anesthesia technique of surgery, the implants and the cost of the procedure. Coordinating these questions, you can start preparing for surgery.
The woman who decided to increase their breast prior to surgery is a small survey: rents various blood and urine tests, electrocardiogram and ultrasound, which will allow to exclude the presence of cancer. In addition, at least 14 days the patient should completely give up alcohol, Smoking, aspiranturas drugs and contraceptives hormonal in nature. Breast implants can not be done, if not more than 1 year after delivery and cessation of breastfeeding.
Technique procedure breast augmentation
Endoscopic breast augmentation has a few variants, determined by parameters such as surgical access and the location of the implant.
Distinguish between these types of access when carrying out this operation:
- Under the breast (submammary or inframammary). The most secure and versatile type of operation that facilitates the process of controlling the formation of the pocket. Minus that remain fairly visible scars.
- Nipple (at the bottom of the nipple (circumareolar) and through the areola with the lower bypass nipple (transareolar)). The scar may be almost invisible. The disadvantage is that the cut may not be sufficient for the operation, if the areola is small in diameter. Can completely exclude the possibility of lactation.
- Through the armpit (axillary). With this cut there is no scar on the breast, but can be used all types of implants. For the surgeon when such access is limited control over the formation of the pocket;
- Through the navel (transumbilical). Suitable only for saline implants with subglandular location. Limited control over the formation of the pocket.
- Through the front wall of the abdomen (transabdominal). Used less often due to high trauma.
There are 4 ways endoprosthesis location:
- Over the muscle (subglandular). Is characterized by rapid recovery and minimal soreness. It does not injured pectoral muscle. Applicable for prosthetic implants in larger sizes. High likelihood of capsular contracture. Not suitable for patients with thin skin;
- Under the muscle (subpectoral). The lowest probability of formation of contractures and the formation of wrinkles and ripples. Suitable for women with small Breasts. Rehabilitation after breast enlargement is rather long and complicated, as there is a strong pain. The highest probability displacement of the prosthesis and deformation of the chest;
- Between the mammary gland and muscle (subfascial);
- Partly under gland, partially under the muscle (in combination).
Any type of surgery is performed under General anesthesia. The average duration of surgery is 1.5–3 hours. When a breast augmentation, a woman may be discharged after 1 day.
Disadvantages of endoscopic breast augmentation
Endoscopic breast augmentation has a number of disadvantages:
- quite a long rehabilitation (the larger the implant the longer the recovery process);
- poor health after anesthesia (nausea and vomiting);
- severe pain and need to take analgesics;
- — the wearing of special underwear for 2 weeks and then for 1 month by day;
- scars after surgery;
- the restriction on active sports;
- refusal of exercise equipment designed to load muscles of the shoulder girdle;
- the prohibition to become pregnant prior to six months after surgery;
- there is a possibility of complications;
- the high cost of mammoplasty;
- the presence of discomfort from the increased volume of the breast.
About alcohol and cigarettes too have to forget, as they can cause serious complications.
Types and differences of implants
All implants are characterized by the following parameters: form, filler, surface.
- The shape distinguish teardrop-shaped implants, round and anatomical. After surgery most natural look Breasts, increased through the placement of the implant anatomical shape.
- But the filler distinguish between silicone and saline implants. Silicone often used as they have a better shape and are not prone to tearing. Saline implants are considered safer and are less expensive, but their disadvantage is a higher weight in the likelihood of occurrence and the effect of «bubbling».
- On the surface distinguish between textured and smooth dentures. Implants with a texture more resilient, but can cause scarring.
Choosing the most suitable implant for each patient doctor usually focuses on the type of its figure, structure of the thorax, the proportionality of the body, as the breast, its initial size and only then on the patient’s wishes.
Correction of tubular Breasts
Tuberous breast is a malformation of the breast in which they are hemispheres, as expected, but stretched to tubule (tube). Often this problem is coupled by the asymmetry. Tubular breast form always entails psychological problems in women, associated with an inferiority complex, and consequently, there are problems of an intimate nature. In the presence of such anomalies mammoplasty shown not only to correct the aesthetic defect, but also to solve psychological problems.
Tuberous breast is formed due to the presence of a powerful connective tissue that forms a kind of frame, which does not give the breast to develop in all directions. So she begins to grow in the direction of the nipple. Areola usually remains underdeveloped. The people form tubular glands called «goat Tits.»
The correction that is tubular anomaly is the most complex. To undertake such correction of the breast shape can only doctor of the highest category. Correction is only possible with access through an incision around the nipple. Recovery after surgery tubular breast longer than other types of mammoplasty.
Almost always after the correction of the tubular breast shape plastic technique provided an excellent aesthetic effect.
The postoperative period
The early period after surgery is characterized by the presence of a strong swelling, with sore the whole breast area. Bruising after the operation – a rare case. Mandatory condition after gammacorrection is wearing compression and special support underwear for 3-4 months.
Rehabilitation after mammoplasty takes a maximum of six months. To normal life the patient can return after 2 weeks. Limits on fitness classes and sports activities is 1 month. From the clinic the patient is usually discharged the following after operation day, and the sutures are removed on day 10-14. If sore treated area, given oral pain medications.
Possible complications after the correction of the breast
Breast implants, like any other type of surgery has some risks of complications. The most common are:
- violation of the sensitivity around the nipples;
- capsular contracture;
- the accumulation of fluid (serous fluid);
- tumor (extremely rare);
- the shift of the endoprosthesis;
- the flow of saline prosthesis;
- the appearance of ripples.
Every operation has different risks of the listed complications glands. That is why, when deciding on the correction of breast size, you must carefully weigh the advantages and disadvantages of each option. It is necessary to choose the type of implant, its position, surface, size, shape, profile, and filler access.
It should be noted that the implants can be removed with the woman’s at any time. If such desire will not arise, then they can last a lifetime, in the absence of complications. To replace the implants every 10-20 years, according to some surgeons, no need.