Burned the lining of nose drops: what to do
What to do if burned nasal mucosa?
Among the pathological diseases of the epithelium of the nasal cavity, traumatic changes, including a burn of the mucous membrane, occupy the leading position. According to statistics, more than 70% of cases seek medical care because of household accidents.
To restore the burned lining of the nose might need a long period of time. The positive Outlook of treatment depends on the burn, to standardize the volume of therapeutic manipulation is possible after determination of the stage of damage to epithelial tissue.
How to understand that nasal mucosa is burned
Upon contact of the epithelium with chemical or thermal stimuli occurs burns of the mucous, which differentialsa similar names with a stimulant, helping to change the structure of epithelial tissue.
The chemical burn stimuli are alkali, alcohol, acid in contact with the fabric border of the nasal mucosa. Thermal tissue damage is facilitated by the contact of the mucosa with high temperature.
Symptomatic picture of damage when thermal/chemical stimuli are similar. The degree of the burn and duration of exposure to the stimulus determines the specific differences. Among similar signs is to provide:
- at the first stage of damage, which is characterized by a short contact with irritant, mucous membrane of the nose swells and reddens;
- prolonged and intensive exposure to a stimulus, the formation of blisters on epithelial tissue, damage to the integrity which triggers the formation of ulcers, painful defect (ulcers). These symptoms inherent in second-degree burn;
- in the third degree a typical symptom is the loss of epithelial tissue in the nasal cavity (necrosis). To differentiate severe can be ash-gray color of the shell.
Among the many factors causing the burn injury, the most common is the haphazard use of vasoconstrictor drugs.
According to statistics, more visits to the audiologist women with complaints that burned the lining of the nose drops. In most cases, the reaction caused by intolerance to the active ingredients of decongestants.
For reference! Every second woman in the position facing with rhinitis pregnant women (due to hormonal changes). One of the seven inhabitants of Russia annually suffers from inflammatory processes in the nasal cavity. According to who the self is engaged in more than 70% of the population, which leads to negative effects (including tolerance to the decongestants and burn the lining of the nose).
On the mucosal indicated by the following symptoms:
- partial or complete loss of sense of smell;
- violation of the integrity of the capillary walls causing nasal bleeding.
- nasal congestion;
- selection nasal mucus of a protracted nature;
- atrophic changes of the epithelium in the form of crusts;
- itching because of dry mucosa.
Most of these signs, patients do not attach importance, so the therapy starts with a delay.
Delayed treatment provokes undesired consequences in the form of penetration of pathologic microorganisms, which can develop diseases such as sinusitis, rhinosinusitis, etc. for burns 2 and 3 degrees of complications can manifest in the form of suffocation, the complete loss of smell.
The procedure burns the epithelium of the nose
Efficacy of therapeutic measures depends directly on timely and correct first aid. Regardless of the type of burn, you first need to limit the contact of the stimulus with the mucosa, after liberally rinse the nasal passages.
Depending on the irritating substance, the irrigation is made with the following solutions:
- to neutralize the effect of chemical compounds in the form of acids using soapy solution. Alternatively, also used 2% soda solution (100 ml. of water – 0.5 tbsp of baking soda) or ammonia in a concentration of 0.1% (when dissolved in 1 liter of water, 10 ml ammonia solution, a 1% solution to obtain a 0.1% solution to 100 ml. of the obtained 1% of the composition to dissolve in 1 liter of liquid);
- to stop the influence of alkali possibly 1% acetic/citric acid (15 ml of 70% vinegar dissolved in 1 liter of water/ 100 ml of liquid – 1 oz. citric acid);
- saline puts the neutralization of the alcohol;
- negative impact connection of aluminium and lime suppressed only with the help of vegetable oil.
For reference! Cotton swabs soaked in «Lidocaine» or «Novocaine» will help a person to prevent traumatic (painful) shock.
After first aid, you must contact your doctor who will determine the degree of damage and the detail will tell the patient what to do if you burned the lining of the nose.
The severity of damage to epithelial tissue, the type of burn determines the sequence and duration of therapeutic interventions. The preparation of therapeutic treatment regimens only in the competence of the audiologist.
Therapy in thermal burn
If the burn mucosa provoked by the inhalation of hot air, steam, toxic combustion products at the first degree of the defeat is assigned to irrigation treatment or a cotton swab dipped in cold water. To restore the damaged flora of the nasal cavity will help isotonic solutions «Akvamaris», «Aqualor», «Humer».
Second degree thermal burn involves the inclusion in the therapeutic regimen of analgesics — drugs to treat pain («Benzocaine», «Lidocaine»). For the regeneration of damaged mucosa are assigned turundy with ointment «Levomekol», «Lifeguard», «Sintomitsinovoy», with propolis.
At the third stage burn treatment activities are carried out exclusively in the hospital, with the obligatory course of antibiotics, tools to ease the process of discharge of scab and crusts.
Important! To speed up the process of recovery will allow the use of preparations with antiseptic effect, accelerates the regeneration of epithelium.
Recovery procedures in case of chemical burn
Treatment of burns caused by chemical reagents, determines the duration of interaction of the stimulus with the epithelium, its appearance, degree of lesion, depth of penetration into the mucosa.
In most cases treatment of this type of burn does not differ from thermal injury of the mucosa:
- daily debridement of the nasal passages, contributing to the cleansing of the cavity and the discharge of crusts;
- the production of cotton turundae with painkillers;
- irrigation of nasal cavity with antiseptics (» — «, «Chlorhexidine», «Furatsilinom», etc.).
More sophisticated the degree of damage involves the appointment of drugs that improve tissue trophism and stimulating the regeneration process. To prevent clumping of epithelial tissues using a fixing bandage.
For reference! To eliminate swelling of the mucous moisturize the attending specialist may prescribe homeopathic or plant-based medicines («Teva», «Cold»).
Enhance the therapeutic effect in the home will allow maintaining the optimal temperature (22 °C), monitoring the level of humidity (50-60%).
To prevent negative effects, even with minimal damage to the nasal mucosa should seek help from a specialist. Timely first aid will speed up the recovery process.