Burning of the genital lips: possible causes and treatments
Itching and burning of the genitals is a problem that is not familiar to many ladies. Discomfort in the area of the sexual organs may be the result of inadequate hygiene of the external genitalia, the consequence of the intake of certain medications, or just «companion» irritate the delicate skin of the perineum. But in some cases the discomfort and irritation of the labia may indicate the development of serious diseases in the female body. That is why when the first signs of a burning sensation in the bikini area should immediately seek the advice of an experienced gynecologist.
Causes of discomfort in the bikini area
Burning labia? In any case, do not leave the symptom without attention. Discomfort in the area of intimate areas can act as evidence of a trivial irritation of the genital organs, as the result of:
- Often the burning sensation of the genitals may appear subsequently extended wear narrow tight underwear made of synthetic materials of poor quality. That is why when choosing underwear many gynecologists do not recommend women to save – underwear should be made from natural materials of high quality.
- A burning sensation in the reproductive organs can occur as a result of the application of various cosmetic products or hygiene products, especially in the summer. Intimate sprays or deodorants – not the best choice for women with sensitive skin. Even the most normal hygiene scented pads during long-term wear can cause severe allergic reaction, which manifests itself in the form of a burning sensation in the genital area.
- Sting in the bikini area? This may be a result of using poor quality sanitary products for the delicate skin of the intimate area prone to allergies. It can be a variety of pads, tampons or wet wipes.
- In some cases, the irritation in the intimate area can be caused by using cosmetic means for hair removal.
- Irritation in the genital area can be caused by a too-active sexual intercourse, or the use of intimate lubricants, gels or condoms.
But in some cases itching of the labia can be a symptom of a certain gynecological diseases.
What diseases may indicate the burning intimate area?
In most cases, irritation in the bikini, indicates the following gynecological diseases:
- Trichomoniasis and other diseases of a venereal nature.
- Vulvovaginitis, which is characterized by an inflammatory process that affects the skin large and small labia.
- Candidiasis – the usual «thrush» can be a main reason that a woman feels itchy and burning labia. Candida often develops as a result of long reception of antibiotics, insufficient hygiene of the external genitalia. The main symptoms of vaginal candidiasis is itching, discomfort in the perineum, the appearance of pain or discomfort during sexual intercourse. Also vaginal candidiasis may cause redness on the skin of the perineum or white, cheesy vaginal discharge that may have a characteristic pungent, unpleasant odor.
- Irritation in the external reproductive organs are often indicative of bacterial vaginosis is a gynecological disease characterized by the appearance of itching, redness, burning, discharge light gray or whitish color.
- Diabetes mellitus and other disorders of the endocrine system can cause hormone disruptions in the female body, then later a woman may feel itching and irritation on the surface of the genitals.
- Burning in the bikini area can be one of the symptoms of bartholinitis – a disease characterized by inflammation and blockage of the Bartholin’s gland. The development of bartholinitis often associated with pathological proliferation of staphylococci and gonococci in the female body.
- Gardnerellosis – an infectious disease that is transmitted sexually. Major symptoms – redness, itching, burning, and pain in the lower abdomen.
- Burning and irritation in the skin of the perineum could be the consequence of various diseases of the urogenital area. Most often we are talking about andesite, cystitis, endometritis, cervicitis.
Irritation of the labia, which is the recommended treatment
In the case that irritation in the genital area caused by allergic factors, women are advised to change their underwear product made from natural materials, replace pads, tampons and other hygienic products, as well as for some time to abandon the use of special cosmetic products for intimate areas. Treatment itching and razdrajennouu lip should begin with treatment of the underlying cause of the disease – that is why you should immediately contact your gynecologist, who will appoint examination and tell you what tests need to pass.
Itching and discomfort in the external genitals need to be treated from a qualified specialist – this will help to avoid many health problems and regain good health.