Can I warm nose with salt or egg during pregnancy
Can I warm nose in pregnancy?
Pregnancy – the period of excited anticipation and of hardship for women. At this time the future mother is responsible not only for their health but for the well-being of their child. Unfortunately, a woman’s body during pregnancy is subjected to high loads, which in turn often leads to decrease in immunity.
Colds during pregnancy does not lead to complications. But it should be remembered that in this period it is necessary to carefully choose the methods of treatment. So, not all heat treatments are safe. It is strictly forbidden to take hot baths and soak my feet. These manipulations can cause fetal hypoxia, edema, early childbirth, varicose vein aggravation. Doctors are forbidden to treat a cold warming boiled egg, blue lamp and salt.
Whether the warming egg and salt in pregnancy
Warming up – an effective remedy for the common cold. Often for the treatment of rhinitis apply salt. It is calcined, put into a linen bag, and then applied to the sinuses and forehead.
Many women fear are this procedure. Is it possible during pregnancy nose to warm the egg or salt in your case, tell the doctor. The specialist will assess the situation and prescribe the best therapy.
Important: rhinitis can be caused by failure of hormonal, allergies. Therefore, if the warming had no effect, it is necessary to refer to the otolaryngologist.
Effective remedies for the common cold include:
- boiled in their jackets potatoes;
- the soft-boiled egg;
Warming up with eggs is recommended to reduce the swelling and secretion, restore breathing and smelling. The effect from procedures by:
- Normalization of respiratory function.
- Acceleration of repair processes.
- Reduce the swelling and reduce the congestive processes blood.
- Activation of blood flow.
- Improvement of exchange processes.
- Expansion vessels.
Important: if, during warm up there is severe pain in the nasal area, you receive migraines, worsening condition, fever, an urgent need to visit a doctor.
Thermal effects on the nose with salts is necessary when:
- total or partial loss of sense of taste and smell;
- the mucous rhinorrhea;
- nasal congestion;
After exposure you can use heat as a preventative means.
The benefits of the procedure
The effect is achieved due to:
- Eliminate congestion and ease breathing.
- Reduce the amount of produced mucus.
- Acceleration of regeneration processes.
- The reduction of swelling.
- Eliminate stagnation in the vessels.
- Activation of blood flow in the nasal region.
A pair of calcined salts have pronounced bactericidal properties, which helps not only to warm your nose area, and remove pathogenic microbes. The procedure is best done in the evening. It helps normalize sleep.
Despite the harmlessness of the procedure, it has certain contraindications.
Heat can cause the opposite effect: excessive production of mucus and the rapid reproduction of pathogens.
With a significant accumulation of pus in the sinuses, it may result in increasing discomfort and the appearance of the fever.
If the inflammatory process proceeds with a significant accumulation of purulent masses, higher temperatures increase the risk of spreading pathogenic process in the surrounding healthy areas. It is possible that the abscess in the brain tissue, the development of sinusitis and otitis.
Warming nose with salt during pregnancy is prohibited in:
- malignant or benign tumors;
- acute inflammation of a bacterial nature;
- the increase in body temperature;
- complicated rhinitis;
- acute tonsillitis;
- purulent rhinitis;
- severe diseases of the heart or blood vessels;
- chronic sinus.
Warming up nose during pregnancy
Experts recommend to have a thermal effect on the sinuses only in the first days of disease development, when disease symptoms have not yet pronounced. It is also unacceptable to apply heat at a distinct purulent discharge. Otherwise therapy will cause the spread of infection.
Important: to prevent the progression of the disease, after the treatments, are forbidden to be in a cold room.
The use of eggs during the treatment of the common cold has a number of features:
- Before the procedure, you need to thoroughly clean the nasal cavity of accumulated mucus in it. For this purpose suitable salt solutions of low concentration. They can be purchased at the pharmacy and make your own. To do at home the solution is simple: in half a liter of warm water dissolve a teaspoon of sea salt.
- Boil the egg. Once it is ready, wipe dry and wrap in a cotton cloth. Then the egg is applied to the forehead between the eyebrows and around the nose area.
With the appearance of unpleasant sensations need to wrap the egg in a single layer of fabric. After warm up the skin will remain red. It can be lubricated with baby cream.
Can I warm nose with salt during pregnancy? If there are no contraindications to the procedure, it will only benefit a pregnant woman. The basic requirements for the heat:
- Take a small amount of salt, better if it is sea. Pour it in the pan and in the process heat, stirring from time to time. After occurrence of cod, salt is removed and put into the bag. In advance to prepare it from a dense natural fabric.
- At first, warms up area of the forehead between the eyebrows, then the left and right side of the nose.
- If you experience discomfort, the pouch can be wrapped with another layer of cloth or wrap up in a towel.
- The heating is carried out for 16 min, three times a day.
To enhance the effect of the procedure, you can use some simple steps:
- After warming you need to drink tea or raspberries. This will increase the impact on the area of inflammation.
- Feet wearing warm socks and lie down in bed. It is best to sleep for a while.
- In addition to warming can be used for instillation into the nose honey or aloe juice. However, before using a consultation with a doctor is required.
Important: at the temperature of application of the warming procedures is strictly prohibited!
To avoid colds and not to resort subsequently to the treatment, you need to carefully monitor their health, adhere to physician-recommended diet, take a walk, try to avoid stressful situations. To protect the body from the penetration of bacteria need to use oxolinic ointment.
Heat treatments are effective only at the beginning of the development of the disease. You also need to remember that they can’t help you fully recover. Therefore, the appearance of the first symptoms of a cold, you need to contact the doctor to prescribe adequate therapy.