Can sinusitis without runny nose and nasal congestion
Sinusitis without runny nose and temperature
A common disease of the sinusitis is familiar to many. It is an inflammation of the sinuses. Is accompanied by unpleasant phenomena: from the nose flow a constant liquid discharge, often purulent. But sometimes you can find other varieties of the disease. It is necessary to understand whether it may be sinusitis without runny nose and nasal congestion.
The causes of the disease
Nasal mucosa is very vulnerable. Here comes a great variety of pathogenic microorganisms. The human immune system to successfully cope with them, however, are more resistant viruses, which are the cause of the disease. Decreased immunity, weakening the body’s defenses and provoke sinusitis.
During colds of viral microorganisms directly affect the mucosa. The top layer epithelium is damaged, violated its function. Occurs sinusitis.
What is the difference between sinusitis, the common cold?
Another name for the common cold — rhinitis. It is a condition that is characterized by inflammation of the mucous membrane. What does it mean? The disease from rhinitis to completely cover all the space of the upper respiratory tract: nasopharynx, nasal passages, equally all the sinuses.
When cold people complain of stuffy nose and discharge, which can be of varying consistency. How to distinguish sinusitis? It so happens that when the sinusitis, no runny nose. How is the disease? During sinusitis without rhinitis is sealed all the opening that connects the sinus with the rest of the nose. The disease is not spreading, and brewing remains almost asymptomatic, especially in its initial stages.
What causes sinusitis without runny nose?
- Infection. If time does not treat the flu, rubella, SARS and other viral diseases, it is possible to earn complications. Even the wrong treatment leads to the deterioration of the situation. It is enough to move a bad cold on my feet. Here’s how it works:
- during the main disease swells the mucous membrane;
- you receive a stuffy nose;
- narrows passage into the maxillary sinus or completely overlap;
- violations of the outflow of the secretions;
- in the sinuses the mucus is typed in.
The viral symptoms of the underlying disease start to disappear. The person feels an improvement and thinks he’s on the mend. And the pus gradually typed, and fills the whole bosom completely.
- Dental disease. If not treated in time, patients teeth, the infection will spread from tooth to the maxillary sinus. Disease cause:
- undertreated or severely neglected tooth decay;
- cysts of the maxilla.
While the symptoms may be immediately noticeable.
- Injury. Deformation of the nasal septum causes blockage of the sinuses and impaired outflow of secretion. Develops sinusitis without rhinitis.
- Atrophic disease.
If when sinusitis no snot, so disrupted ciliated epithelium. The mucosa in such a situation becomes thin and loses its function. She can’t clean inhaled air can not warm, not secretes mucus. Shell can’t fight off pathogenic bacteria. This state just does not appear, you need a long protracted inflammation and persistent infectious diseases.
Now, when clear, is whether sinusitis without runny nose, you need to identify the symptoms. In young children and adults, they are different, so the diagnosis and treatment of the individual. Must be age, it will help to effectively get rid of the disease.
Symptoms in adults:
- in the area of nose feels pressure. If the head is tilted forward, the pressure will increase;
- painful feeling in the region of the nose. The pain spreads to other areas of the face, while chewing tends to increase. Uncomfortable to talk. Otherwise, a condition begins in the morning after a long stay in one position. To night or evening, the symptom is slightly;
- a lot of people wonder: could it be sinusitis without runny nose and temperature? She is not above 37.8 degrees.
- headache. Worsens during long lying;
- swollen cheeks. Disperses swelling around the face, affecting the cheeks, eyelids.
If major symptoms do not show themselves, it is possible to determine the state with additional. At all stages of the disease can be felt:
- constantly stuffy nose;
- insomnia, poor sleep;
- deterioration of the General condition;
- the appearance of lethargy, fatigue;
- reduced efficiency;
- the deterioration or even loss of appetite;
- appearance photophobia.
Symptoms in a child
In children, the disease manifests itself differently. They can complain?
- severe congestion, difficulty breathing;
- the pain, which is always enhanced by the night;
- painful sensations in the ears;
- hearing impairment;
- fatigue, confusion, weakness;
- bad breath.
It is now known whether sinusitis without rhinitis. The symptoms are different, but will help identify the disease and do not run.
You should pay attention: sinusitis without mucus, the treatment of which is difficult in the early stages is not detected. That is why the disease quickly becomes more severe.
To determine the sinusitis itself is almost impossible. Travelling to an experienced audiologist who will help you recognize the disease. The doctor will check the nose and mucous membranes. This will help to identify the disease at an early stage.
If suddenly the symptoms is not enough, appoint additional methods. Modern methods allow to run sinusitis:
- An x-ray. Allows you to see in the picture the inflamed areas. They are marked with dark spots.
- CT. A more refined way. Allows you to see not only the areas of inflammation, but also to learn the stage of the disease.
- Diaphanoscopy. Sinuses translucent tube with a bulb on the end. This allows you to conduct research on the presence of sites of inflammation.
A sinusitis do not give proper attention and consider it frivolous. No need to think that everything goes by itself. If not treated, can face more serious consequences: the spread of infection to the membranes of the brain, the appearance of meningitis, sepsis.
The treatment is carried out in two ways:
- surgical method;
- conservative option.
The first method is rarely used. Used in situations where conservative treatment has not helped, and the disease progresses. The intervention of surgeons required in the case when the paranasal sinuses, nasal cavity showed polyps or education.
Conservative methods include:
- drugs that reduce fever. Are appointed at a high temperature. You need to be in bed;
- with severe headaches, painful sensations in the ears — pain medications;
- when symptoms of intoxication prescribed anti-microbial agents;
- if you have experienced an allergic reaction, antihistamine medications are appointed.
The cause of the disease can be deviated septum or severe tooth decay. In this case, it is necessary to eliminate these phenomena. Needed medicines that improve the outflow of fluid from the maxillary sinuses, reduce swelling and improve health.
In some cases, can help medicine medicine, however they should not be taken without consulting a doctor. To treat sinusitis is necessary in a complex, some herbs can not do here.
Sinusitis at first glance it seems harmless, but can cause serious complications on the brain. It is better to monitor their health and prevent disease in time.
- timely treatment of all catarrhal diseases and especially cold. You cannot run even a harmless condition;
- if children have adenoids, a deviated nasal septum, it is necessary to timely intervention. Birth defects should be subject to constant monitoring;
- requires good technique bismarckiana: slide your finger to cover one nostril. Then the mucus in the sinus will not leak;
- nose drops need to be instilled in a special way: head tilted back slightly, in the direction in which the nostril is required to drip a drop. Then the solution hits the nasopharynx and the nasal passage;
- it is necessary to avoid hypothermia. In cold weather, wear a hat;
- humidification of indoor air. You should try to avoid over-dried air;
- maintenance of immunity, the use of vitamins, fruits, vegetables;
- regular trips to the dentist. It will help in the early stages to cure tooth decay and other processes that also lead to sinusitis.
Finally, you must carefully take care of themselves, do not start chronic diseases. Can the sinusitis be without snot? Of course. So keep an eye disease should be carefully. At the first signs of illness require immediate access to a doctor. If people are watching their health, they can avoid serious problems. The main thing — take everything serious.