Cancer of the ear: symptoms and signs of tumor in the ear
How to recognize cancer of the ear?
Today one of the most rare diseases of the organ of hearing is considered to be cancer of the ear. In medical practice, this disease affects less than one percent of all inhabitants of the earth. However, this inflammation is considered to be one of the most dangerous and severe diseases, so as to notice the first symptoms of the disease almost impossible.
Because of this, in the human body like lightning of formation of various tumors and metastases, which subsequently negatively affect the neighboring organs. Therefore, it is important to know the signs of cancer of the ear canal and to promptly contact a specialist at the first symptoms.
About the cancer in my ears
In the modern world suffer from cancer of the ear in the most part, people around 40-50 years. However, according to statistics, the number of victims less than one percent.
Unfortunately, this does not exclude the risk of the disease.
Since cancer of the ear destroys all the cells of the organ of hearing, and further adversely affects the tissues of the brain and skull in General.
Most often, this disease occurs in the ear, however, seen cases of inflammation and in the outer region.
Less often, this cancer occurs in the middle ear.
In the transition of cancer in the internal ear, the pain becomes unbearable. Often the person loses the ability to perceive sounds and noises. In some cases, there is loss of control of facial expressions and facial nerve injury.
In the future, the disease passes into the nasopharynx, where it actively destroys the mouth area. In this case, the person loses the ability to swallow and to move the lower part of the jaw.
In advanced stages ear cancer goes into the lymph vessels. In this case, the lymph nodes become much larger and bring a lot of discomfort.
With the development of Oncology violated the integrity of the structure of the cells and the skin that provokes the appearance of tumors.
In addition, the cancer may trigger the development of meningeal tumor infiltration and destruction of the integrity of the arteries, which causes severe bleeding and is a direct threat to human life.
Types of cancer
There are two types of tumors in the ears:
In the first case to highlight the symptoms of the disease is problematic, since a benign tumor occurs virtually asymptomatic.
In rare cases, this tumor occurs in the middle or inner region.
In this case, the inflammation increases in size and breaks the integrity of the tympanic membrane.
The patient in this case complains about the loss of sensitivity to sounds. With timely treatment this type of inflammation be quite easy to cure.
Benign tumors are divided into subtypes:
- osteoma. Commonly develops from bone tissue. The inflammation spreads slowly and is different from other absence of metastasis. Most common in children and adolescents;
- chondroma. Is formed from the cells of Mature cartilage of the ear;
- papilloma. A tumor of the mucous membrane, which appears under the skin in the form of a papilla;
- the atheroma. Occurs because of a violation of the sebaceous glands;
- the schwannoma. Formed in cranial, spinal and peripheral nerves
All types of the disease with timely treatment are subject to positive treatment.
The second type of tumor – malignant.
Unfortunately, this type of the disease uncontrolled. Often it continues to evolve even after the elimination of the root causes of its occurrence. It consists of mutated cells and be difficult to cure.
The disease can occur due to many factors. For example, due to trauma to the ear or to be formed after deep and serious inflammation of the otitis.
However, to date, to identify the cause of the disease is quite difficult. So pay attention to triggers:
- Polyp of the ear — education, which appeared due to granulation tissue. Commonly the location of the polyp varies, but is most common in the external auditory canal and the middle ear. It is known that polyps can change their location and spread in the human skull.
- Nevus — benign growths on the skin. There are two types: pathological and appeared in life. In a conversational environment nevi are called moles.
- Ulcerative defect. Usually this morbid disease. The appearance of this inflammation always indicates the occurrence of a more serious illness.
- A serious inflammatory disease in the ears. It could be an ear infection or laryngitis.
- Trauma of the outer, middle or inner ear.
- Serious irradiation of the solar radiation.
- Loss of an ear as a result of exposure to low temperatures.
Closely monitor the state of your health, if you notice these signs.
Cancer ear symptoms
It is worth noting that symptoms of the disease are different. But in most cases at a very early stage the disease affects the outer division.
Therefore, some General symptoms for benign tumors:
- continuing headache;
- severe dizziness;
- noise and squeak in the ears;
- partial hearing loss;
- disruption of the vestibular apparatus;
- complex of functional disorders;
- the disturbance of tone in the vessels;
- arterial hypertension;
- discharge from the ears.
In case of cancer on the edges of the ear, the first signs.
In malignant ear cancer symptoms and signs differ:
- severe pain in the head, ears and throat;
- discharge from the ears in the form of blood clots;
- constant noise in the ears;
- hearing loss;
- rapid hearing loss;
- pain and tightness in the lymph nodes.
Please note that long disease, the tumor goes to adjacent organs, thus gradually breaking all body functions.
The first signs of cancer of the ear
Don’t ignore long crackle and noise in the ears. Thus, the body warns you of danger and inflammation. Next, the patient feels strong pain and itching of the tragus.
It is worth noting that at the very first stage of clinical signs is practically no.
Try to put pressure on the tragus of the ear. If you feel a strong throbbing pain, immediately consult a specialist.
Also pay attention to the appeared education or sores on the outer aisle is the first signs of inflammation.
The second bell are considered to be discharge from the ears in the form of mucus or pus. In some cases, noted spotting.
Often marked by severe dizziness and obvious hearing loss.
When the first symptoms of the tumor refer to a medical facility for diagnosing diseases.
First and foremost, the patient should consult an otolaryngologist, a dermatologist and dermotology. Having conducted specialized examinations and studies, doctors will prescribe quality treatment.