A blood test for HCG: what is it?
The majority of women planning to conceive a child, know of such a thing as human chorionic gonadotropin (HCG). This hormone is one of the first markers of nascent life. In addition, it may indicate pathological conditions in the human body.
What is it?
Human chorionic gonadotropin is a hormonal substance of protein nature, which consists of two parts: alpha and beta. Alpha according to its chemical structure, resembles other hormone, and the beta is a unique substance. On the measurement of HCG-beta and is the basis for all pregnancy tests.
Production of HCG begins with the first days of conception. The hormone is actively produce sheath villous chorion (shell) of the fetus. During pregnancy its level increases not only in blood but also in other biological fluids in women, for example, urine and saliva. On these data and based on all the home tests for pregnancy. Men and women the minimum number can also be found in the analysis. This is a type of norm. The excess levels in such cases (more than 5 mu/ml) may indicate the development of pathology.
How does the level of HCG?
The amount of this hormone starts to rise from the first days of conception. 10 – 11 the day of its growth in the blood can be detected using special tests.
After 3 to 4 weeks its content jumps a few times. Then the values stabiliziruemost and slowly continue to grow throughout pregnancy.
How to really lower blood pressure?
Chief cardiologist Leo Bokeria told how to overcome hypertension.
The table below presents approximate values of human chorionic gonadotropin in different weeks. We should not forget that rigid rules do not exist. Specialist it is important to observe a steady increase in the level of hormone in the dynamics, which says that the fetus in the womb develops normally.
How to check the level?
To set the increase amount of the hormone in the body in several ways:
- A blood test for HCG. This study performed in the laboratory. It allows you to capture increasing quantities of the hormone for a few days before the home test strips.
- In-home tests. With these tests is familiar to almost every woman of reproductive age. They are based on the detection of increasing levels of human chorionic gonadotropin in the urine or saliva of women.
Important! On the eve before the blood test, the patient is advised to take it easy and do not expose yourself to stress. Conduct research on an empty stomach.
What shows this analysis?
A blood test for HCG detects the increased level of the hormone in the body. Value fluctuations can talk about the development of various diseases. Thus, the sharp increase may be a symptom of:
- Oncology reproductive organs;
- kidney cancer;
- tumors in the brain;
- during pregnancy excessive content makes me think about preeclampsia, chromosomal abnormalities and other problems.
The decrease in the level of HCG during pregnancy can be:
«I did not believe that hypertension can be defeated!»
Hypertensive veteran Oleg Tabakov has shared the secret of his recovery.
- ectopic location of the fetus;
- intrauterine death of the child;
- with the threat of miscarriage;
- with aging of the placenta, and in some other cases.
What is more reliable – test or analysis on hgch?
Home test for hCG to perform convenient, quick and easy, so most of the girls use exactly this method. A small percentage of diagnostic errors when using them is always there. The reasons for this may be different. Let’s analyze the most common situations:
1. The test is positive, but the woman is not pregnant. Reasons:
- brain tumor;
- cancer of the uterus;
- improper analysis;
- taking certain medicines etc.
2. The test is negative but the woman is pregnant according to other studies. Reasons:
- wrong the analysis;
- a study performed in the early stages of conception, even when it is impossible to capture the surge of hormone.
Important! Test for HCG shows only an increase in hormone levels, but not his demotion or numerical value.
Blood tests faster and more reliably will show not only growth hormone, but its precise value that helps in the diagnosis of several diseases and during pregnancy gives you the opportunity to follow the growth dynamics.
A blood test for HCG is a fast and accurate method of checking its values in the body. This study is used to diagnose a range of diseases of internal organs, as well as to control the development of the pregnancy.