A minor stroke: symptoms and first signs in women
A minor stroke – no less terrible disease than stroke, although in this case, the pathology affects the less important areas, and therefore the consequences of a minor stroke less impact on health and physical usefulness of patient who have had the disease. If the stroke is the scourge of the strong half of humanity, that stroke most often affects women between the ages of eighteen to forty years. However, mini-strokes cannot be taken lightly. Seizures sometimes occur unnoticed, and the consequences can manifest itself through many years. Vascular disease called dysfunction or transient ischemic attack of the brain, can occur in the form of severe headaches, so women do not even have a suspicion of past mini-strokes.
The main danger of a stroke that by its appearance it informs the body about what the next attack might escalate into a massive stroke. As a rule, in ten percent of cases, patients with extensive stroke have already carried at least one minor stroke.
How is mini-strokes
The main cause of mini-strokes – a spasm of cerebral vessels. As a result, damaged the integrity of the shell of the vessel is allocated a certain volume of blood and thrombus formation. Thus, it leads to the death of those cells that were fed from the damaged vessel. The average cell nekrotizirutee gradually for about six hours. Unlike a regular stroke, brain cells can regenerate, regeneration occurs slowly. Cause stroke can a variety of factors. Among them we list the most common reasons:
- the abuse of alcoholic beverages;
- excessive body weight;
- physical inactivity (lack of exercise, sedentary work, etc.);
- stress, depression;
- fatigue, including emotional;
- Smoking, use of drugs;
- surgical intervention related to cardiovascular system;
- eating foods rich in animal fats;
- the sudden climate change, moving to another climate zone.
To mini-strokes can lead somatic pathology:
Pressure fell below normal?
The Ministry of health says «a New drug normalizes blood pressure forever.»
- diabetes mellitus;
- acute disorders of cerebral circulation;
- lesions of the heart valves infection or rheumatic character;
- congenital heart disease;
- tumors (both malignant and benign);
- inflammation of the arteries;
- sudden cessation of breathing leading to oxygen starvation of the brain.
The risk groups include women who have family there have been cases of stroke, pregnant women and those who take birth control drugs. Quickens the risk of stroke in people over forty-five years.
Symptoms of minor stroke
A minor heart attack in women can be overlooked, but may give pronounced symptoms. In most cases, all signs of mini-strokes appear in the same time. Lasts a pathological state different from a few minutes up to one day. Consider the common symptoms of minor stroke. These include:
- the sudden occurrence of headaches and dizziness, a feeling of emptiness in the head;
- sudden nausea;
- cause irritability to light, smell and sound;
- tactile disorder – the feeling of a chill down my spine, tingling on the skin;
- numbness in hands, feet and muscles of the face;
- the emergence of «vatnost» in the legs, weakness in the arms and the impossibility of firmly gripping objects;
- noise in the ears;
- visual disorders – the emergence of «flies» before the eyes of, the shroud, the split objects, the impossibility of coordination in the visible space, the darkening of the eyes, twitching of the muscles of the eye;
- speech dysfunction (slurred speech, appearance Lisp, lisping, slow pronunciation);
- asymmetrical signs on the face is drooping or lifting one century, one corner of his mouth;
- occasional vomiting;
- patients feel a lump in my throat, can’t swallow;
- disturbed gait, manners;
- may occur short-term fainting;
- in some cases, a rise in pressure;
- anxiety amid depression, lethargy;
- short-term memory loss.
As you can see, the common symptoms of minor stroke is quite revealing, however, poorly pronounced attack symptoms of mini stroke can be confused with fatigue, stress or migraines. In this case, the patients resort to medication, which can hurt when you lie. It is therefore very important stage in the treatment of stroke is correct and timely diagnosis of pathology.
Doctors insist that already the first signs of stroke listed above may indicate ischemic attack of the brain. That is why it is very important not to suffer headache, and organize related disorders and in the presence of additional symptoms immediately to a health facility.
Women are more prone to mini-strokes due to the fact that their body is prone to thrombosis. Besides, women are less resistant to stressful situations and prone to hyperbole. Women’s stroke has its own characteristics. In addition to the signs above, you can add the following symptoms for women:
I forgot about hypertension forever!
Oleg Tabakov has shared his secret to a successful struggle with high pressure.
- sudden numbness of the limbs;
- tingling in the extremities;
- a rush of blood to face;
- the inability to Express a thought, a confusion of words;
- weakness on both sides of the face (simultaneous «sagging» of the two century or two of the corners of the mouth);
- frequent deep breathing acts;
- sudden migraine attacks.
Sometimes, possible signs of a stroke are not typical for all women, but can occur individually. This identification of violent emotions, loss of consciousness, feeling short of breath, dyspnea, abdominal pain, a bout of hiccups and depression.
Because sometimes a mini stroke is practically not felt by the patients, its symptoms may notice the surrounding. As a rule, the victims themselves do not even pay attention to these disorders or are in that condition when you do not understand that with them something not so. The first sign of a stroke may indicate such deviations:
At the first sign of a stroke victim need to be completely off, sit on the sofa, to ensure the access of air (to unbutton the collar, to open a window). Measuring blood pressure, it may be necessary to give stabilizing drugs.
Drugs that relieves spasms cannot be used. To back can apply ice or cold wet cloth. Patients are forbidden to stand up abruptly, bend down his head, nervous. To soothe you can give a few drops of Valerian. After the relief of the attack the patient is sent to medical institution for examination of brain vessels and diagnosis.
Treatment of stroke must begin during the first two to three hours after the attack. Frequent mini-strokes are assigned long-term therapy, some preventive prescriptions. Patients are advised to take blood thinners, cleansing the body of toxins that expand blood vessels and normalizes metabolism.
If the stroke has not passed unnoticed, and the patient has broken some functions (depending on the lesion) – she shows rehabilitation therapy, physiotherapy and Spa treatment.