After a stroke paralyzed the left or right side
Paralysis after a stroke, leads to permanent loss of motor function of limbs. This complicates the patient’s life and requires constant care. Early initiation of recovery procedures help to restore lost function and returns the patient to his former life. It all depends on the level of injury, timeliness of treatment and patience of the patient and also caring.
A stroke is a brain disease that occurs as a result of spasm or blockage by a clot. All complications that occur after a stroke depend on the location of the lesion. Clinical manifestations depend on which of the areas of the brain affected. With the defeat of the left parts of the brain changes in the muscles occur on the right side of the body, in right hand stroke movement disorders are visible on the left side. Unilateral paresis (e.g., right arm and leg) is called hemiparesis.
Paresis and paralysis are the most frequent consequences of stroke. On the background of cerebral symptoms (headache, nausea, vomiting, loss of consciousness) will be marked and specific disorders specific to lesions of particular areas of the brain. Only an experienced doctor in the clinical picture will be able to tell in what part of the brain had a stroke.
What happens when you stroke the right side of the brain?
- After a stroke paralyzed the left side of the body. The paralysis of muscles may initially be atonic (sluggish) and then spazmirovannah (hypertonicity). The patient can not feel the right side can’t move my right arm or leg, unable to exercise even basic movement.
- Disturbance of sensation (no feeling of pain, touch to the skin on the right side of the body).
- Broken memory.
- If the patient is left – handed, he in right hand stroke will be a violation of the understanding and pronunciation of words.
Left-sided stroke. Symptoms
- Violation of pronunciation of words. The patient will experience slurred speech, he will not understand what he is told by others. His word will remind the individual sounds or fragmentary phrase.
- The patient will find it difficult to write or read, he will not understand their actions. In addition, there will be a violation of verbal memory. Starting offer, the patient may not finish.
- The right side of the body (face, muscles) will be paralyzed. Muscles become spasmatic, but the movement in the limbs will be impossible.
- Sometimes can be spontaneous movement in the arm or leg (synkinesis).
- Sensitivity disorder – the patient will not feel, when you touch or hurt his paralyzed limbs.
- Depression and isolation – the characteristics of the left-sided stroke.
Looks like a paralysis of the left side? Limb is forced an unnatural position. Arm is bent at the elbow, held close to the body, the hand balled in a fist. Leg, by contrast, will be straight, and stop deployed inside. If you do not begin rehabilitation immediately, the position of the limbs are fixed, the joints develop contractures (limitation of movement), restoration of motion in the extremities will be difficult.
Pressure fell below normal?
The Ministry of health says «a New drug normalizes blood pressure forever.»
Treatment of hemiparesis
Therapeutic measures should begin as early as possible. While the patient cannot move the limbs, to help him in this.