Atherosclerosis of cerebral vessels: symptoms and treatment diet
Atherosclerosis of cerebral vessels doctors call disease, the main feature of which is the formation in cerebral vessels atherosclerotic plaques, capable at any moment to break away and cause a stroke.
The disease is particularly insidious, because even with a small residual lumen in the artery, the patient may feel only General symptoms (dizziness, weakness), which are easily mistaken for ordinary ailment and not give them due importance. Suffer from atherosclerosis equally often by both men and women in the age group of 45 – 60 years. A disease doctors call the scourge of modern times: every third inhabitant of the metropolis in the age of 60 years die from atherosclerosis.
Affects disease and youth: the effects of a sedentary lifestyle, sedentary work and power consumption of enormous quantities of animal fats. What kind of doctor treats atherosclerosis of the main arteries of the head? How to treat the disease? What are the characteristics of diet in atherosclerosis, and how to cure it? These and other questions
consider the following.
What is atherosclerosis and atherosclerotic plaque?
Atherosclerotic plaques is called specific deposits formed on the inner walls of arterial vessels under the action of certain diseases, poor diet and a sedentary lifestyle. How plaque is formed and what it is?
Hypertension in the past now?
Cardiologists risk to remain without work — hypertension now curable!
Suspected signs of atherosclerosis can ordinary therapist. He also will direct the patient for further examination. Cures disease neurologist. Diagnosis of atherosclerosis of cerebral vessels is made on the basis of the following modern methods of investigation:
- The General analysis of urine and blood.
- Biochemistry of blood.
- Duplex scanning of the arteries and blood vessels of the patient’s body (not the brain).
- Ultrasound of intracranial vessels.
- Introduction into a vessel in the brain is a special substance that helps to determine the density of the vascular wall (angiography).
The symptoms of atherosclerosis
The early signs of the disease are quite diverse and manifest themselves only after a while with the increase in the thickness and density of atherosclerotic plaques. Over time the patient with atherosclerosis of brain vessels may be noted:
- A long and exhausting migraine, alternating with short weak headaches.
- Nightmares during sleep.
- A permanent state of overexcitement accompanied by anxiety, sensitivity and suspicion.
- Impaired memory and coordination.
- The whirling head.
- Difficulty swallowing solid food.
- The roar in his ears.
- Speech disorders (the person is «thick», says stupidity).
The stage of the disease
Atherosclerosis has several stages:
The factors provoking the emergence and growth of atherosclerotic plaques in the Lumina of blood vessels, doctors believe:
- sedentary lifestyle;
- lack of fresh air;
- frequent stress;
- a long depression;
- poor nutrition, obesity;
Than to treat atherosclerosis?
Treatment of atherosclerosis should be comprehensive and include drug therapy, diet and maintaining a healthy lifestyle. In severe cases (strokes) possible interference of the surgeon. Medication for atherosclerosis (the choice of drug and exact dosage is performed exclusively by the attending physician!):
«I did not believe that hypertension can be defeated!»
Hypertensive veteran Oleg Tabakov has shared the secret of his recovery.
- Statins are used for reducing the concentration of «bad» cholesterol in the blood and softening of atherosclerotic plaques.
- Fibrates are drugs that control the level of triglycerides in the blood.
- The derivatives of nicotinic acid to reduce the concentration of triglycerides.
- Antiplatelet agents thin the blood, accelerate the blood flow, not allowed to form thrombi.
- Medication group of the bile acid resins are a kind of resin, linking animal fats in the small intestine, preventing their absorption.
- Antihypertensive drugs are assigned to patients with atherosclerosis to normalize and lower blood pressure. This group of drugs important to drink regularly, strictly at the same time, otherwise there is a risk of stroke.
- Vitamins a, b, C – secondary therapy for lifting immunity.
- Receiving sedation elevated anxiety and severe stress.
Radical treatment of atherosclerosis is surgical removal of the plaques located in the main blood vessels of the brain. Operations are conducted in two ways:
Non-drug treatment of atherosclerosis of cerebral vessels is as follows:
Diet for patients with atherosclerosis
This power system was developed by dietitians for patients with atherosclerosis to get rid of «harmful» cholesterol in the blood and removing cholesterol plaques on the inner walls of blood vessels and arteries. Diet are allowed to use and healthy to people at risk, with little relief in order to prevent disease. What to eat patients with atherosclerosis:
- White wheat, rye bread, crackers from it app cookies, nesdobnoe pastries, bread from wheat flour with added bran.
- A variety of light soups.
- Lean beef, veal, chicken, Turkey, rabbit – all in a baked or boiled.
- All varieties of fish without restrictions (but the preference it is recommended to give low-fat white varieties), seafood.
- Beets, potatoes, squash, zucchini, broccoli, cabbage, cucumbers, tomatoes, lettuce, carrots, eggplant, green beans.
- Low-fat dairy products: milk 1%, cheese 3% (occasionally allowed 9%), yogurt 2.5% fat-free cheeses to 17%, low-fat sour cream as condiments (15%).
- Buckwheat, oatmeal, barley and millet.
- Unlimited egg white, the yolks a week are allowed to eat no more than 2 pieces.
- Vegetable oil is unlimited, the butter you can eat 5 – 10 grams per day.
- All of the fruit.
What patients are strictly prohibited:
- Legumes, mushrooms, sorrel, spinach, radish, radish.
- Fatty meats: duck, goose, pork, offal.
- Sausage and sausage products, ham, smoked products.
- Canned foods, fast food, snacks.
- Fish eggs, oily fish limited.
- The yolk of chicken eggs to 2 a week.
- Fatty dairy products.
- Mustard, pepper, hot sauces and spices.
- Ice cream (only diet – very limited), cocoa, chocolate, confectionery.
- Strong black and green tea, cocoa, coffee (fully banned).
- Alcoholic beverages.