Burning in region of heart: causes
Often patients complain of a burning sensation in the chest. This may be a sign of certain pathology of cardiovascular system or have a different etiology. This article describes the main causes of burning sensation in the heart area.
The most common causes of said complaints:
- Angina. A feeling of squeezing or burning sensation which is localized behind the breastbone, is a classic manifestation of angina. As a rule, unpleasant sensations appear during exercise or exposure to strong emotions and quickly disappear after the termination of the etiological factor or taking Nitroglycerin. As a rule, pain angina lasts more than 15 minutes.
- Myocardial infarction. He manifested intense pain attacks, which is reminiscent of angina, Nitroglycerin, however, does not give a positive therapeutic effect, the pain persists much longer and is accompanied by shortness of breath, chills, paleness of the skin and the emergence of cold sweat.
- Vegetative-vascular dystonia. The autonomic NS is also seen burning in the chest. The unpleasant symptoms usually start to disturb the patients after the influence of emotional factors, which triggers the release of excess amounts of adrenaline, or as a result of overwork. Heart medications with this disease is also ineffective. To reduce the burning sensation in the heart area help medications with a calming effect.
- Pulmonary embolism. Most often this disease develops on the background of thrombosis of deep veins of the legs. Become painful is because the blood clot breaks away from the venous wall and begins to migrate through the body. He gets into the pulmonary arteries and cause their blockage, which in turn leads to ischemia of the tissues of the lung. In addition to burning sensation in breast patients complain of pain, which becomes more intense when breathing, pronounced shortness of breath or difficulty breathing. In addition, you may register for cough with phlegm with traces of blood. This condition, like a myocardial infarction requires immediate hospitalization.
- Rheumatism. During this disease the heart becomes the target organ (damaged his shell and develop relevant inflammation).
- Myocarditis. Is inflammation of the myocardium which can be viral, allergic or autoimmune origin. It is also seen burning in the chest.
- Cardioneurozy. This violation develops, if a person constantly carries the emotional load and is exposed to chronic stress. The basis for the development of cardioneurozy lies the negative impact of these factors on the autonomic NS, which innervates the heart. Basically, this pathology is manifested point pain in the left side of the chest, although it can appear and spilled burning. Pain in cardioneurosis long, does not depend on physical exertion and is not removed by Nitroglycerin, however, decreases rapidly after administration of sedatives.
- Hormonal changes. Often burning sensation in the heart occurs among women during menopause, which is associated with hormonal changes. Burning is accompanied by excessive sweating and sensation of heat in the body. Nitroglycerin does not give a positive therapeutic effect, but anti-anxiety medications and reduce unpleasant symptoms.
- Low back pain. Pain and a burning sensation in the chest resemble the symptoms of angina, but their appearance is not associated with physical activity. The pain changes its intensity by changing the position of the body.
- Viral diseases. Burning heart is a common complaint of patients diagnosed with diseases of viral origin. Discomfort in the chest accompanied by General weakness, increased body temperature, nausea, and excessive pallor of the skin. For complex viral pathologies there is a significant intoxication, which affects the functional state of the myocardium and causes pain and burning.
- Diseases of the digestive system. Oddly enough, but disorders in the gastrointestinal tract can mimic heart disease. So, when diaphragmatic hernia patients often report a burning sensation in the chest that is worse when bending and may be associated with meals. Often a burning sensation accompanied by nausea and vomiting that requires treatment, so you should consult a gastroenterologist. It should be noted that patients often accept the usual heartburn over the discomfort in the heart, so I appeal to the cardiologist. This slows down the process of diagnosis and prescribing the right therapy. Inflammation of the esophagus, peptic ulcer and pathology of the gallbladder can also appear unpleasant sensations in the chest, making it difficult to diagnose.
- Neuralgia of the intercostal nerves. It is a pathological process that evolves during compression or inflammation of the intercostal nerves and manifested severe pains that are burning in nature and high intensity. Palpation of the intercostal spaces, the pain increases. Sometimes the skin over the affected area loses sensitivity. Secondary manifestations such neuralgia can be hyperemia, or, conversely, pallor, sweating, and contraction of certain muscles. How to distinguish pain with the defeat of the intercostal nerves and the true heartache? Neuralgia a pain syndrome is constant, increases with the movements (especially when bending or bends), when sneezing, coughing or deep palpation of the spaces between the ribs.
- Injuries and chest contusions, rib fractures, and the like.
The cardiovascular system was normal, but worried about the burning sensation in the chest. What can it mean? It is worth remembering that inflammatory lesions of the respiratory system (pneumonia, bronchitis, pleurisy) accompanied by a cough, high temperature, and burning pain in the chest, so the physician should undergo x-ray examination of the chest.
Pressure fell below normal?
The Ministry of health says «a New drug normalizes blood pressure forever.»
Causes pain and burning sensation in the heart area quite a lot, so you should not self-medicate, and for any complaints to go to the doctor.