Cerebral atherosclerosis: what is it?
Cerebral atherosclerosis (senile) — this is a disease in which there is a blockage and subsequent narrowing of the blood vessels of the brain. This pathology is a form of dementia and is most often diagnosed in older after 50 – 60 years, although occurs in people from 20 years.
Classification and development of cerebral atherosclerosis
Stages and stages of senile atherosclerosis: what is it? The stages characterize the progression of the disease, the symptoms and effects that occur at this time. One distinguishes three such periods:
- In the first stage, the patient already begin to appear functional disorders from the nervous system. The symptoms can be very diverse and unstable.
- The second stage is characterized by the development of not only functional, but also organic disorders of arteries and veins. The symptoms become more permanent and stable.
- The last, third stage is characterized by the development of serious organic pathologies of blood vessels and failure of brain functions, symptoms become pronounced and permanent.
Stages of cerebral atherosclerosis describe the formation of tissue pathologies. In the first stage (growth stage) in the inner part of the artery is the cholesterol that impedes blood flow and worsens the saturation of the tissues and organs of the body with oxygen and beneficial trace elements. In the second period (the so-called «stage spots») cholesterol deposits turn into a spot of grease. During the formation of the lumen of the artery is overlapped by exactly what the patient’s condition is deteriorating.
Causes of senile arteriosclerosis
The main causes and risk factors of this disease are:
Hypertension is no longer a disease?
Doctors are shocked by the statement, the chief cardiac surgeon in the country Leo Beaucaire.
- the deposition of fat droplets on the inner wall of the arteries of the brain;
- lack of exercise — lack of exercise (including immobilized patients with severe disease, paralysis, disability, etc.);
- the abuse of Smoking and alcohol;
- diabetes mellitus;
- arterial hypertension;
- pathology of the liver, which produces too much cholesterol;
- metabolic problems, when disturbed fat metabolism in the body;
- improper diet, the choice of a large number of food rich in animal fats;
- age over 60 years (although cerebral atherosclerosis may develop in people after 20 years).
Symptoms for senile arteriosclerosis
As already mentioned, the symptoms of the disease appear far not at once, often only on the second or third stages. Clinical manifestations, even if you begin to develop, it is slow, often imperceptible to the patient. The main symptoms of cerebral arteriosclerosis are:
- weakening of memory, which is growing rapidly;
- the inability to concentrate on any one issue or problem;
- drowsiness or insomnia on the contrary;
- violation of coordination of movements;
- an increase in cases of headaches;
- muscle weakness;
- problems with hearing up to deafness;
- loss of vision in one eye;
- inadequate response to sound;
- of sensory taste buds;
- rapid mood swings;
Treatment of cerebral atherosclerosis
Start with diagnostic activities. To detect in a patient senile atherosclerosis using immunological and cholesterol blood test, brain MRI, angiography (x-ray) of blood vessels, ultrasound of internal organs, and Doppler study of arteries and veins.
With suspected cerebral atherosclerosis patients prescribed a special diet. It is eliminating products in a large volume containing animal fats and TRANS fats. If to speak more precisely, taboo milk products with a fat content above 1%, sugar and sweets, fatty meats, honey, baked goods with lots of fatty cream, eggs, etc.
What drugs to use for drug therapy? Treatment usually consists of anti-inflammatory, vasodilator and hypocholesterolemic drugs. Do not be redundant multivitamins and drugs that enhance the activity of the cardiovascular system and blood flow in the brain. In rare cases prescribe the surgical procedure for the purification of plasma (criatures or cascade procedure). This intervention is performed for removal from the patient’s blood of excess cholesterol deposits and «cleaning» the inner walls of blood vessels.
If you do not start treatment in time, patients cerebral atherosclerosis can develop acute violation of cerebral circulation, myocardial infarction and paralysis. In more severe cases, can even be fatal.
I forgot about hypertension forever!
Oleg Tabakov has shared his secret to a successful struggle with high pressure.