Chronic ischemia of the brain: what is it?
Chronic cerebral ischemia is one of the most common vascular diseases of the CNS, the occurrence of which no one is immune. Let us consider what is, why it develops and how to manifest this disease.
Chronic ischemia of the brain (the CHEMICAL) is the international name of the illness known as «encephalopathy». Both of these titles very clearly describe the essence of the disease: a chronic circulatory disorders the brain is constantly suffering from ischemia, this leads to a small focal lesions of the brain tissue and the emergence of various psychological and neurological disorders.
The most pressing reasons for the development of the CHEMICAL today is atherosclerosis and hypertension, which can lead to damage of the arteries of the brain. Rarer cases of illness caused by pathological changes in the venous system of blood coagulation and autonomic regulation of the functioning of the body. Among the main reasons important role in the development KHIM played by predisposing factors (risk factors). They can be divided into two large groups: those that are amenable to correction and those that are not amenable to correction. To corrigiruet factors include:
- Genetic predisposition. If a family has someone suffering from cerebrovascular disorders, in the offspring the risk of CHEMICAL is much higher.
- Old age. Than older people are, the more likely is the development of his CHEMICAL.
To adjust can the following risk factors:
How to really lower blood pressure?
Chief cardiologist Leo Bokeria told how to overcome hypertension.
- Bad habits. Quit Smoking and limit alcohol consumption can everyone. And the most important to give up cigarettes because they constrict blood vessels and become more brittle.
- Diabetes. It is necessary to timely detect the disease and conduct treatment.
- An improper diet.
How dangerous is the CHEMICAL?
Perhaps, on chronic cerebral ischemia so many would not say, if the condition is one of the leaders among those that lead to disability. People with the last stage of this disease, become completely helpless, they can not take care of themselves, can not adequately respond to the world around us, and in some cases and are unable to move normally (usually they are given the disability of the first group). In addition, on the background of chronic circulatory disorders and cerebral ischemia may develop acute failure – ischemic or hemorrhagic stroke. These pathological conditions are deadly.
How to recognize HIM?
In the initial stages of development of the disease symptoms are quite unreliable because they occur in other diseases, as well as the banal fatigue. For example:
- Irritability and mood lability.
- Frequent headaches.
- The deterioration of memory.
- Sleep disorders.
The appearance of these signs cannot be left unattended, especially if there are concomitant diseases and pathologic conditions as hypertension, diabetes, obesity, dyslipidemia, increased blood clotting, migrated, strokes, etc.
There are three stages (degree) of chronic ischemia of the brain:
- CHEM 1 degree is characterized by a variety of subjective disorders, that is disorders of health, on which a patient complains. It and dizziness and headaches and impaired memory, and noise in the head, and deterioration of health, and unexplained weakness. Objectively, the physician can identify the patient has some neurological disorder and the symptoms of asthenic syndrome.
- CHEM 2nd degree is more serious manifestation – the ability to work patient is not just deteriorated and completely lost. All of the above symptoms are aggravated, it is added to and emotional disorders. In addition, be a distinct neurological disorder, the neurologist may highlight dominant syndrome – discoordinating, homeostatically, pyramidal or others.
- CHEMICAL 3 – stage dementia (dementia), which joins all the above symptoms. People upset intelligence, memory, impaired cognitive activity, and reduced criticism. Quite often such patients these fainting spells and seizures.
In the first stage of the disease through integrated medical therapy can stop the progression of disease and improve the patient’s state of health. The prognosis of the second stage is slightly worse, but the third stage is already irreversible changes that cannot be eliminated even with the most modern methods.
«I did not believe that hypertension can be defeated!»
Hypertensive veteran Oleg Tabakov has shared the secret of his recovery.
Treatment 3rd degree CHEMICAL is only symptomatic, which allows though as-that to facilitate the patient’s condition. Based on this, we can conclude that any deterioration of health can not be ignored, because only timely identified discirculatory pathology of the brain can be treated.
When the first signs of a CHEMICAL is necessary to consult a neurologist who can examine and ascertain what it is: exhaustion or do ischemic stroke and chronic brain ischemia. To identify the cause of the development of the CHEMICAL, the patient is prescribed a number of studies:
- X-rays of the skull and cervical spine.
- Doppler examination of the vessels supplying blood to the brain.
- A head CT.
- Advanced biochemical analysis of blood (with obligatory determination of lipid profile and glucose).
- ECG and EchoCG.
In addition, if symptoms CHEMICAL the patient is sent for consultation of a psychiatrist, ophthalmologist, physician, cardiologist and other specialists if necessary.