Creatinine in my blood: causes, what does that mean?
Creatinine – a product of disintegration of the substance creatine phosphate is a kind of energy depot, energy source for muscle and nerve cells. Toxic slag as waste material of energy reaction, he was evacuated from the cells of the blood and by means of mechanisms of tubular reabsorption and glomerular filtration is excreted by the kidneys in the urine.
The normal level of creatinine in the blood
The amount of creatinine in serum is a reliable indicator of functional integrity of inner organs. But the metabolic processes (including energy and protein) have different intensity in different age and sex groups of people, so different indicators of physiological norm of their level of creatinine. These figures are significantly different from each other:
- 0,030 – 0,090 mmol/l – the norm for newborns;
- 0,020 – 0,030 mmol/l acceptable values in children under one year;
- 0,030 – 0,060 mg/l – the norm in children from one year to 12 years;
- 0,045 – 0,090 mmol/l for adolescents;
- 0,045 – 0,140 mmol/l – acceptable values for women;
- 0,090 – 0,180 mmol/l for men.
Physiologically due to exceeding the standard level of creatinine
Clinically reliable interpretation of the result of the analysis is only possible taking into account all direct and indirect factors that increase an individual’s physiological level of creatinine. The main reasons:
- the increase in muscle volume;
- increase physical activity;
- hormonal changes e.g. during pregnancy;
- the prevalence in human diet the proportion of meat dishes and products;
- the taking dietary supplements with creatine content.
What it means:
Hypertension no longer a death sentence?
The cardiologist said that there is finally a cure for hypertension …
- Men have greater muscle mass, a normal creatinine in the blood will more than women.
- He will be elevated in bodybuilders, athletes, people exposed to excessive physical stress.
- Exceeding its normal values you should expect from people who prefer to eat meat.
- Elevated creatinine is also noted in long-term starvation, in that phase, when the muscle breakdown.
- A relatively high level characteristic for people over 50 years of age and in children under the age of intensive growth.
That is, any physiological condition, accompanied by increase in energy or protein metabolism, accompanied by an increase in serum creatinine. In addition, these numbers also increase when taking tetracyclines, cephalosporins, many anti-inflammatory drugs. That’s why of all the circumstances and characteristics of their lifestyle the patient should notify the doctor who will interpret the test results.
Pathologically due to increased creatinine
Because creatinine is excreted from the body by the kidneys, its quantity in blood is caused, first of all, their functional safety. If the excretory function of the kidneys is disrupted, waste products of the cells zachekanivajut the body. Quantitative indication of the level of creatinine gives an idea of the degree of slagging. Creatinine in the blood is increased in diseases with acute and (increasingly) chronic renal failure:
- chronic pyelonephritis;
- diabetic nephropathy;
- the amyloidoses of the kidney;
- polikistoza kidneys.
There are numerous extrarenal factors that contribute to gipercreatininemia. It is marked with:
- extensive muscle destructive, degenerative and inflammatory pathology;
- autoimmune processes with extensive destruction of connective tissue;
- massive damage to liver tissue;
- complicated DM type II;
- severe toxemia, complicating the course of pregnancy;
- intestinal neprokhodimoye;
- acromegaly and gigantism;
- crush syndrome;
- burn disease;
- radiation injuries;
- cancer decay;
- severe dehydration;
- severe infectious diseases.
Struggle with high creatinine levels indicates therapeutic effect on the disease causing it. How to treat the disease, the regimen and dose of the drugs appointed by the doctor after inspection and thorough examination of the patient.
- In addition to specific for each disease drugs used means lowering the creatinine level, for example, Lespenefril, Lesbean or Ketosterila from 4 to 8 pills 3 times a day during meals.
- Often parallel to the main course of assigned laser physiotherapy. Applying cold or nizkovoltnoy laser, stimulate the kidneys, they efficiently filter the blood, remove toxins, including creatinine.
- Many patients notice improvement in test of concurrent use of alternative methods of osmotherapy, which uses warm therapeutic baths with traditional Chinese medicines.
Persistent long gipercreatininemia oblige to hospitalize patients in the offices of the relevant profiles. In patients suffering from advanced forms of renal insufficiency, accompanied by a critical increase of creatinine, use of extracorporeal detoxification. Widely applied in such cases, the method of hemodialysis (so-called artificial kidney), wherein the device instead of the kidneys filter the blood, removing from it wastes.
«I have cured hypertension, You can too!»
Actor Oleg Tabakov said
How to reduce creatinine levels at home
The creatinine level can be affected independently:
- the rationalization exercise;
- a limitation in the diet of the share of meat products;
- with the exception from the diet of animal fats, pickles, smoked meat;
- restriction of salt and spices;
- the exclusion from the diet of whole milk;
- refusal of alcohol;
- limit consumption of pastries made with white flour;
- an increase in foods from buckwheat;
- increase in the diet proportion of vegetable dishes and fruits;
- the increase in the consumption of mineral or simple potable water.
You can use a food additive, allowing to reduce creatinine level:
- alpha-lipoic acid – 300 mg per day;
- with chitosan – по1000 – 4000 mg per day.
Folk remedies to influence the level of creatinine is only possible with preservation of the excretory capacity of the kidneys. For this purpose, congee and diuretic properties extracts of medicinal plants:
- dandelion root.
Any measures to reduce creatinine patients should be agreed with your doctor beforehand by an in-depth examination of the internal organs, precluding the possibility of muscle pathology and reduction in renal excretory function.