Creatinine in the blood is lowered: causes
Creatinine is a water – soluble organic compound that is a by-product of protein metabolism in the human body. It is excreted in the urine, so the determination of the level of this indicator in the blood is the main marker of the functional state of the kidneys and the metabolism of proteins in the body.
How is the creatinine?
Proteins are one of the main structural components of body tissues. The greatest number of these compounds is found in muscle tissue (primarily skeletal striated muscle). Proteins consist of amino acids comprising nitrogen atoms. Decomposition of protein molecules and amino acids is accompanied by formation of water-soluble nitrogen-containing organic compounds are creatinine, which is the end product of protein metabolism in the human body.
As it is a water-soluble organic compound, its excretion is by the kidneys. The change in the level of this compound is an indicator of metabolic proteins or the functional state of the urinary system. It is determined in the blood plasma in the process of its biochemical studies.
The level of creatinine in the blood is determined when carrying out biochemical studies. Its normal value ranges from 57 – 93 micromol to 1 liter of blood in women 80 – 115 µmol/l in men. In children, this figure is much lower and depends on the age and weight of the child. The higher the normal rate for men stems from the fact that their muscle mass is higher than in women. For the differential diagnosis of renal causes of changes in the level of this indicator is determining its concentration in the urine, which decreases in case of insufficiency of the urinary system.
How to really lower blood pressure?
Chief cardiologist Leo Bokeria told how to overcome hypertension.
Why creatinine level increases?
Increasing the level product of protein breakdown in the blood is the result of two major groups of reasons.
- An increased protein breakdown, particularly if the damage is significant amount of muscular tissue (injury, poor blood circulation in the muscles). Also increase protein breakdown of the muscle tissue possibly accompanied by increased production of thyroid hormones (hyperthyroidism).
- Reduction of excretion for violation of the functional state of organs of the urinary system (renal failure, polycystic kidney disease, glomerulonephritis, pyelonephritis).
Normally, the rate may be increased in people with large muscle mass (athletes), as well as excessive protein from food (large quantity of meat in the human diet).
The reasons for the decline
Decrease in creatinine is diagnostically valuable laboratory biochemical measure. This means that the creatinine in the blood is lowered due to the reduction of protein breakdown, which in most cases is not the result of a pathological process. There are several main factors in the decline of collapse of the structural connections of striated muscles:
- The first and second trimester of pregnancy – pregnancy at this period a state change occurs the woman’s body, which is in rebuilding blood circulation and increasing the total volume of the vascular bed, resulting in a relative decrease in the concentration of nitrogen-containing compounds.
- Low-protein human food – primarily observed at low content in the diet of animal products (meat, dairy products), particularly in individuals who prefer a plant-based diet (vegetarians).
A low indicator may also be a result of the pathological decline in striated muscles of the human body, particularly in muscular dystrophy. There are several reasons for the development of such a pathological condition:
- Genetic predisposition is genetically determined disease, which is hereditary (muscular dystrophy, Duchenne and Becker in men).
- Chronic severe infectious pathology with a high level of intoxication and the long decline of motive activity of man.
- Malignant tumors in the terminal stage of development regardless of the location cause severe intoxication, decrease in lean body mass and physical activity.
- Long in bed man due to severe somatic pathology (myocardial infarction, stroke, transferred) or serious injuries involving broken bones and the need for immobilization of the human body.
Reducing creatinine levels in these cases (except for hereditary, congenital muscular dystrophy) may be temporary, the recovery rate is possible with the increasing volume of striated skeletal muscles and increase motor activity.
The increases of creatinine is determined by more than the decrease in its concentration. When determining low levels of this compound in the blood necessarily conducted a comprehensive diagnosis to determine the reasons for such a state. Then, if necessary, the correction of the metabolism by increasing eating foods mainly of animal origin and increase of motor activity with the purpose of recruitment of muscle mass.
Overcame hypertension for 1 month
After 10 years of struggle with the disease Oleg Tabakov has told how was able to get rid of hypertension.