Discirculatory encephalopathy of the 1st degree: what is it?
Discirculatory encephalopathy (DEP) is called a gradually progressive disorder of brain circulation. It may be localized in any particular part of the brain, and to be shared. Depends on the nature of the flow and progression of the disease.
In fact, discirculatory encephalopathy is the consequence of many invisible for human diseases that occur for different reasons, but United by their common manifestation by the defeat of the small arterioles, and larger arteries (this is called microangiopathy).
What is the danger of DEP?
In the earliest stages the disease is usually asymptomatic. If the patient and there are some deviations from the norm, he often do not give them values, and connects them with overwork or old age. Encephalopathy threat not only to the possible consequences or complications, but even the characteristic symptoms. They can significantly impair quality of life and affect the overall health of the person. For different stages of DEP characterized by:
- Problems or loss of normal cognitive function — the patient noted loss of memory, becoming distracted and can’t focus, and in the later stages of dementia are diagnosed — the so-called «vascular dementia».
- Various affective disorders — mental pathology in which the mood is very unstable man, he can behave unpredictably.
- Problems with the functioning of the cerebellum — impaired walking, the patient is unstable, poorly coordinated their movements, he can’t move smoothly, it ceases to be smooth, it becomes abrupt.
- Parkinson’s disease — the so-called group of symptoms for which the most characteristic tremor of the limbs.
- Hypokinesia is a disorder when the patient has lack of movement.
- Problems with eating, slow chewing food, a violation of the swallowing reflex.
- Speech problems — enough that it ceases to be smooth, it is characterized by a certain slowness, and the voice gradually coarsens much.
- May experience strange forced laughter or crying.
- Jumps in blood pressure.
- Disorders of the pelvic organs (more typical for the later stages): incontinence of feces and urine.
Pressure fell below normal?
The Ministry of health says «a New drug normalizes blood pressure forever.»
The diagnosis of «encephalopathy of the 1st degree»: what is it?
As already mentioned, the first stage of the disease is often completely asymptomatic. Such a diagnosis can often be found in older people. For the first stage, DEP is particularly characterized by the fact that slowly emerging symptoms may be seen in other neurological or mental pathologies as well as simple fatigue. Among the changes possible in the first degree dyscirculatory encephalopathy, isolated:
- jumps in blood pressure;
- noise in the ears;
- decreased performance, fatigue;
- memory impairment, mainly non-professional (that is, the patient could not recall certain events of life, but remembers, for example, professional terms).
An important fact is that all these problems manifest themselves usually in the late afternoon, and after the rest pass naturally. Therefore, most patients do not feel sick, and the symptoms blamed on overwork or old age. If we talk about the objective changes that can identify a doctor in the inspection process, these include asymmetry of the face, visual disturbances, accompanied by problems with motor function of the eye, varies the intensity of the reflexes on the opposite parts of the body, beginning the progression is not typical for a healthy person reflexes. Please note that such problems are not always recorded, often no complaints, the patient does not occur.
The diagnosis is based on systematic manifestations are characteristic for the first stage of symptoms for six months. Due to the fact that such a diagnosis is difficult to confirm any instrumental methods of diagnosis, and also because of the «vagueness» of symptoms today was a lot of patients with a diagnosis of «DEP stage 1».
Features of treatment
Patients with DEP are assigned a complex treatment. In the plan of therapy may include drugs such as nootropics (brain food), medications nicotinic acid (improves blood circulation), antihypoxants, funds for the normalization of the lipid spectrum. It is especially important to follow the diet, limiting animal fats and blood pressure level.
The progression and prognosis of dyscirculatory encephalopathy.
Features of the course and possible consequences of the disease largely depend on the timing of the start of treatment, lifestyle related diseases (most negatively on the development of DEP is affected by arterial hypertension, as it increases the symptoms, accelerates their appearance, and often causes strokes). An equally important factor is the age of the patient. The older it is, the faster and harder it will be to pass the disease.
However, the most important is the type of progression of vascular encephalopathy. One distinguishes four possible types: stable, slow, episodic and fast. Stable and slow types is most characteristic of the initial stage of development of the disease. Typically, the first stage lasts from 7 to 12 years. Paroxysmal or quickly pass the second-and third-degree DEP. They often take 4 to 5 years.
I forgot about hypertension forever!
Oleg Tabakov has shared his secret to a successful struggle with high pressure.
Remember that slow the progression of vascular encephalopathy and relieve the disease can only timely consultation with a neurologist and psychiatrist. Correctly prescribed treatment and recommendations of a doctor — that’s the best therapy!