Encephalopathy grade 3: how can I live?
Discirculatory encephalopathy (DEP) is a chronic progressive disease of the Central nervous system resulting from disorders of cerebral circulation. With 3 degrees of this disease in the brain irreversible changes, due to which the person becomes disabled, not able to think, react to what is happening around and even take care of themselves. In some cases, the encephalopathy leads to death of the patient.
For discirculatory encephalopathy is characterized by the following symptoms:
- 1 stage – headaches, dizziness, sensation of «noise in the head,» impaired memory and attention, sleep disorders.
- 2 stage indicated in the previous paragraph and symptoms of various mental disorders (depressive and anxiety), as well as reduction of control over their own actions.
- Stage 3 – pronounced dementia, disorders of walking, incontinence, speech disorders, etc.
Progressive deterioration of the patient dyscirculatory encephalopathy quite naturally provokes from him and his family the question of how much you can live with this disease? This question can give only one answer: the disease is neglected, the worse the prognosis. That is, when the 3 (last) degree of encephalopathy hopes to improve the health of the patient and at least some positive dynamics almost does not remain, because changes in the brain substance is already irreversible. If 1 degree of the disease, on the contrary, with the help of a qualified treatment can restore human health and halt the progression of pathological processes in the brain.
In General, the life expectancy of patients of DEHP is affected by several factors: the original reasons for the development of the disease, the depth of pathological changes, treatment, the conditions in which people live, the presence of comorbidities, etc. to identify an overall time frame for all patients is impossible – everything is very individual: some people live for years with a diagnosis of DEP 3., and others die suddenly from complications. So do not despair and refuse medical help.
Pressure fell below normal?
The Ministry of health says «a New drug normalizes blood pressure forever.»
Causes of dyscirculatory encephalopathy.
The emergence of progressive disorders of cerebral circulation most often associated with the following reasons:
- Pathological changes of veins.
- The vasculitis.
- Diseases of the blood.
- Neurocirculatory dystonia.
Often there is one reason doctors fail, then talk about dyscirculatory encephalopathy of the mixed Genesis. Some of the etiological factors physicians can be affected by using medicines, for example, to stabilize blood pressure, reduce inflammatory changes in blood vessels, normalize blood clotting, etc. If the patient expressed atherosclerosis of large and small vessels of the brain, to restore cerebral blood flow is much heavier.
What is the treatment for DEP 3 degrees?
With advanced forms of the disease treatment is symptomatic and aim to alleviate a patient’s condition and maximize its life. As drug therapy in DEP 3 degrees use the following tools:
- Anti-hypertensive drugs. It is very important to keep blood pressure within the normal range, as it allows to halt the progression of the disease and to prevent complications (e.g., ischemic and hemorrhagic stroke).
- Diuretics (to normalize blood pressure and eliminate swelling of the brain).
- Vasodilators (especially medicines that help dilate cerebral arteries) and anticoagulants.
- The neuroprotective agents – medications that protect the brain from the damaging effects.
- Psychoactive drugs (are assigned depending on present patient’s symptoms).
- Anticonvulsant drugs, etc.
In addition to drug therapy, patients DEP grade 3 need proper care. Since people with this diagnosis are often not able to serve themselves, cannot control their actions, they are not left alone. If the patient is forced to lie (because of the pronounced movement disorders), it is necessary to take all measures to prevent his pressure sores, inflammation in the respiratory tract, disorders of the functioning of the digestive system. All this is to a large extent influences the duration and quality of life with dyscirculatory encephalopathy.