How to check the blood vessels of the brain?
Quality of functioning of brain vessels and neck determines the state of the brain itself. Nerve tissue needs constant supply of oxygen and nutrition. If the condition of the blood vessels can not provide adequate blood flow to the brain, its function is impaired, it affects the health and quality of life. Many wonder on how to check the blood vessels of the brain, however, thanks to modern diagnostic methods, this can be done easily and quickly. The decision to send the patient for tests taken by the doctor.
Indications for diagnosis of vascular diseases of the brain:
- signs of impaired blood supply to the brain: headaches, reduced work capacity, problems with memory, vision, hearing;
- the presence of risk factors (family history of heredity, hypertension, obesity, atherosclerosis, diabetes, addiction to alcohol and Smoking);
- preparing for heart surgery;
- brain tumor;
- increased intracranial pressure;
- traumatic brain injury;
- heart disease;
- the age of 50 years.
Examination of the blood vessels of the brain allows not only to see irregularities in them, but also to detect the development of ischemia.
Responding to a question about how to check the blood vessels of the brain, it is important to consider other types of diagnostic procedures. The method of roentgenologic diagnosis of veins and arteries is called angiography. It allows you to determine the area of stenosis of the blood vessels, aneurisms, internal bleeding and spread of tumor. To conduct the study in the vessel must be entered for patient radiopaque substance containing iodine. Angiography is used to study the heart and blood vessels, including providing cerebral blood flow. Now popular types of angiography:
- Computer angiography: invasive research requiring installation of a catheter and injection of a contrast agent into the vessel. Such a test of brain vessels is carried out in preparation for surgery, and if you suspect a cyst, tumor, aneurysm and thrombosis. Computer angiography is not carried out when the cardiac (hepatic, renal) failure, mental disorders, allergies to iodine, problems with blood clotting, as well as during pregnancy and lactation. The procedure is performed on an empty stomach. Before the puncture of the vessel in which will be introduced contrast, the patient is administered a local anesthetic. After this begins the installation of the catheter and the introduction of roentgenocontrast. This process is monitored by angiography. Then the machine x-rays are taken. The procedure takes about 40 minutes. After removal of the catheter at the puncture site imposed tight bandage. In the first days after the angiography people have to organize yourself drink plenty of liquids to accelerate the excretion of contrast agent from the body.
- Magnetic resonance angiography: test vessels held for dystonia, vasculitis, valvular heart disease, stenosis, aneurysms, stroke, increased intracranial pressure and atherosclerosis of the brain vessels and neck. Magnetic resonance angiography allows to build three-dimensional layer-by-layer image of a grid of cerebral vessels and to examine its condition. The study is conducted with the application of rentgenocontrast. A contrast substance is administered in cases of suspected brain tumor the patient has. There are varieties of magnetic resonance angiography:
- sinusovaya: study of the veins of the brain and their collectors, which is held with suspicion of thrombosis;
- study of the main arteries of the brain;
- diffusion-weighted magnetic resonance imaging performed for suspected ischemic disease of the brain.
Magnetic resonance imaging does not require special training. During the procedure, the person must remain motionless and listen to the instructions. The study is not conducted patients who have metal implants, a pacemaker or artificial joints. Weight more 150 kilograms also included in the list of contraindications.
To high-frequency research applicable for the diagnosis of blood vessels of the brain, include reoentsefalografii. The method allows to evaluate blood circulation in the body. Thanks reoentsefalografii you can determine the fluctuations of the pulse, the speed of blood circulation and permeability of blood vessels, and the elasticity of their walls.
Extract with the results of the study is not about diagnosis of a person. The data obtained in the course of diagnosis, should be spelt out doctor. If necessary, the patient may be directed to diagnosis of the vessels not only of the brain but the whole body. Installation of the diagnosis and further therapy is exclusively doctor.