Inguinal lymphadenitis: symptoms in women and men photo
Due to the fact that inguinal lymphadenitis is a secondary inflammation of the lymph nodes, it occurs equally often in men and women, regardless of age. Effective treatment of the disease state is only possible after removal of the main reasons that led to the development of inguinal lymphadenitis.
The mechanism of development
The term «lymphadenitis» comes from Latin and refers to the development of the inflammatory process in the lymph nodes. They are an accumulation of lymphoid tissue and perform a protective function, playing the role of the immune filter, through which lymph from different areas of the body.
When injected into lymph nodes lymph containing large amounts of pathogenic (disease-causing) microorganisms or toxins, the cells of lymphoid tissue is damaged, which leads to the development of inflammatory reactions. In the body there are several groups of lymph nodes (cervical, axillary, inguinal), inflammation each of them indicates a pathological process in the corresponding area of the body.
Inguinal lymphadenitis is a condition with multiple causative factors. Its development is a secondary process, resulting from various diseases of organs and tissues of the pelvic area and lower extremities. They in most cases are the result of infectious processes caused by bacteria (staphylococci, E. coli, Klebsiella, Proteus, streptococci). These conditions include:
Hypertension is no longer a disease?
Doctors are shocked by the statement, the chief cardiac surgeon in the country Leo Beaucaire.
- Infectious dermatitis (bacterial skin inflammation) preferentially localized on the skin of the lower extremities.
- Purulent-inflammatory processes of the connective tissue of the pelvic area and legs.
- Sexual infections with a chronic course and the involvement in the pathological process of the internal genital organs of men or women (chlamydia, mycoplasmosis, ureaplasmosis, trichomoniasis).
- The lesion of the internal genital organs, caused by nonspecific infection in men often can affect the testicles and prostate, and in women, the infection affects the ovaries, uterus and fallopian tubes.
In these pathological infectious processes of the pathogenic microorganism from the tissues enters the lymph, with a current which moves in the inguinal lymph nodes, where it accumulates, leading to inflammation.
Inflammation of the lymph nodes in the groin is characterized by the development of characteristic clinical symptoms:
- Swollen lymph nodes that can reach sizes up to several centimeters in diameter.
- Painfulness in the region of lymphadenitis, which at first only occurs with pressure on the lymph nodes, while walking or squats, and then may be permanent.
- Redness of the skin over the affected by inflammation of the lymph nodes (hyperemia).
- Swelling and puffiness of the skin, which is a response to inflammation in the lymph nodes.
- Deterioration of General health of the person, which develops as a result of intoxication and is characterized by fever, weakness, aching joints and muscles, loss of appetite and poor sleep.
The development of purulent process is accompanied by an increase in the severity of clinical symptoms and General intoxication. Then, the accumulated pus may break through to the outside, leaving a fistulous course (a small canal). He is a long time does not heal. Also lymphadenitis in the groin is characterized by the symptoms accompanying the disease, which led to its development (pain in the pelvic area, redness and rashes on the skin of the lower limbs, genitals).
Additional research is a necessary component of diagnosing the cause of development of the inguinal lymphadenitis. This is carried out bacteriological examination of material from the region of localization of infectious and inflammatory process of the lymph node. The resulting material is applied onto a special nutrient medium, which over time grow colonies of pathogenic microorganisms. They then identifitseerida at the morphological, antigenic and biochemical properties. To select the most effective therapy is the determination of the sensitivity of the isolated pathogen to the major groups of antibiotics.
The basis for efficient treatment inguinal lymphadenitis is carrying out etiotropic therapy, aimed at destroying pathogenic bacteria, causing secondary inflammation of the lymph nodes. For this purpose antibiotics of different pharmacological groups, depending on the type of pathogen and the severity of infectious process:
- Semisynthetic penicillins – are used most often in the form of tablets with pahovom lymphadenitis mild, caused by susceptible to this group of antibiotics by microorganisms (staphylococci, E. coli, streptococci).
- Protected semisynthetic penicillins – used in a more severe course of the infectious inflammatory process.
- Cephalosporins – antibiotics with adequate activity against most pathogenic bacteria, they are applied in the form of injections in severe pahovom lymphadenitis, complicated by purulent process.
- Macrolides – pharmacological group of antibiotics which possess maximum activity against bacteria, intracellular parasites, so they are used in the lymphadenitis, triggered by specific sexual infections.
- Tetracyclines are antibiotics of the second line, which is effective against nonspecific and sexually transmitted infection are used in the case of ineffectiveness of other groups of antibacterial agents.
The onset of symptoms, inguinal lymphadenitis requires additional examination in a medical facility to determine the cause of inflammation and subsequent effective treatment.
Doctors believed that I had cured the hypertension!
«Hypertension is not a death sentence. Just need to take care of myself» — the blog of actor Oleg Tabakov.