Kalina in Russia is called the small red berry with a bitter-sour taste, changing under the influence of frost. Viburnum ripen fully in October, gather berries and prepare jam, jams and candy. They can be dried and used in winter for cooking compotes and kissels. Kalina, thanks to its healing properties, widely used in folk medicine for the treatment of many diseases, including hypertension.
Below let us consider this plant, its properties, benefits and harms for hypertension.
Appearance, place of growth
Kalina is a low Bush with sparse foliage. Blooms in early may – mid June. The fruit is red in color, grow in umbels. Inside the berries there is a large oval pits.
The plant is widespread in temperate and subtropical climatic zones (in Russia, Kazakhstan and Canada).
The collection of raw materials, storing
Treatment Kalina implies not only the consumption of berries. It is also possible the use of the bark of the shrub. To gather berries you need in dry weather from October to December. They can be stored in the refrigerator, fast freeze viburnum or drying.
Hypertension in the past now?
Cardiologists risk to remain without work — hypertension now curable!
The healing properties of plants, useful high blood pressure:
- Diuretic effect (relieves congestion and edema).
- A sedative effect.
- Anticonvulsant effect (especially important for patients with neurosis, hysteria and insomnia).
- Antiatherosclerotic effect (preventing the deposition of cholesterol plaques on artery walls and blood vessels).
- Strengthening the vascular wall, maintaining its natural tone and elasticity (due to the high content in Kalina vitamin P).
The berries of the plant are used for the treatment of hypertension in the following ways:
Kalina has a number of contraindications, in which berries should be eaten with caution or abandon them altogether:
- thrombosis of the veins;
- increased blood clotting;
- gastric ulcer and 12 duodenal ulcer;
- kidney stones;
- if you are allergic;
- pregnancy and breast-feeding the baby’s chest.
Attention! Eat only the red berries of viburnum. Black viburnum – poison for the human body!