Palaeodiversity anemia: what is it?
Deficiency in the human body folic acid can cause megaloblastic anemia or palaeodiversity. The disease causes a variety of unpleasant symptoms, the most dangerous of which is considered a violation of hematopoiesis (bone marrow produces fewer red blood cells).
The average daily intake of folic acid (FA) is 150 to 180 mcg. This dose gets the majority of the population, the rest is gonna be a long time before palaeodiversity anemia will manifest itself.
The reasons for the development of the disease
Megaloblastic anemia can occur for a number of reasons:
Symptoms of anemia development palaeodiversity consider:
Pressure fell below normal?
The Ministry of health says «a New drug normalizes blood pressure forever.»
- General state of weakness, weakness.
- Migraines and circling the head.
- The roar in his ears.
- The fragility of the nail plate, hair loss and hair breakage, dryness and inelasticity of skin.
- Pale skin.
- Shortness of breath.
- Heart palpitations.
- Palpitation (arrhythmia, the heart beats irregularly).
- A strong unreasonable weight loss.
- Glossitis (inflammation of the tissue of the tongue).
- Chronic constipation.
- Pain in the umbilical region, feeling of heaviness, indigestion.
Diagnostic procedures performed at suspicion of a megaloblastic type of anemia are:
- biochemistry of blood, its General analysis;
- a blood test for folic acid;
- bone marrow puncture;
The treatment of the disease
To treat the disease when mild it is possible at home. Admission subject only to the following categories of patients:
- with a hemoglobin level below the level of 70 g/l;
- patients older age group (>60 years);
- patients with serious exacerbations of chronic illnesses and other complications;
- people with vitamin B12 deficiency.
The treatment of the disease is complex and includes:
- Measures to eliminate the root causes of the disease: a blood transfusion, normalization of the diet of the patient.
- Welcome antiparasitic medications if the body was identified parasites.
- Treating medical ailments and root causes (dysbiosis, diseases of the gastrointestinal tract).
- Recovery of RBC production.
- Alcoholism treatment if it is the place to be.
- Course reception of drugs with a high content of folic acid.
- Preventive measures to prevent recurrence (pregnancy are mandatory).
Possible complications, prognosis
With timely treatment by doctors the prognosis is positive. The disease poses no threat to human life and treated quite easily. In the case when therapy was initiated late or not held at all, may experience the following unpleasant effects of the disease:
- The increased blood clotting (risk of blood clots in vessels and arteries). If there is a complication, drugs for the treatment of anaemia it is necessary to attach the anticoagulant means.
- Nessrine of sperm in men (inability to conceive).
- Neuropathy most often occurs when a lack of folic acid in the body combined with vitamin B12 deficiency. May be manifested by numbness of the skin, loss of control over certain muscles.
- Congenital malformations in the fetus if pregnant mother (underdevelopment of the neural or skeletal systems, of hydrocephalus, etc.).