Phlebitis of the vein in my arm: what is it, treatment, photo
The phlebitis of the vein is called the pathological process by which inflamed veins. This occurs most often on the upper or lower extremities. The disease is equally common in men and women. The danger of pathology that most often it is accompanied by the formation of blood clots, thereby developing thrombophlebitis. Thrombosis threatens the blockage of blood vessels, which in turn can lead to unpredictable consequences.
Phlebitis veins — what is it?
Phlebitis of the vein is, in fact, its inflammation. It usually develops as a result of the progression of varicose veins, however also can occur after improperly placed injections or frequent catheterization of the same vessel. There are 3 major types of phlebitis depending on the «layer» of Vienna. When periflebity inflammatory process occurs in the outer shell of the vessel. In this case, the cause of the disease is often a chronic disease, infection which spreads throughout the body and causes inflammation.
When indefinite, on the contrary, affects the inner shell of the vessel. Most often, endoplamic occurs when damage to the integrity of the vein, for example, after injection or catheterization, burn or injury. Panfluit — the most severe and advanced forms of the disease. With this type of pathology the inflammatory process occurs in all layers of the vein. Most often, panfluit is the last stage of other forms of the disease and develops due to the absence of treatment or incorrect self-treatment.
Classification of diseases according to etiology
Phlebitis on hand as well klassificeret depending on the cause and localization of inflammation. In this case we are talking about such as:
Hypertension is no longer a disease?
Doctors are shocked by the statement, the chief cardiac surgeon in the country Leo Beaucaire.
- Allergic — this type of inflammation occurs because of the action of allergens on the receptors of the body; in this case the disease is prolonged and sluggish, without the «flares» of symptoms.
- Infectious — it is logical that the development of this form of the disease is associated with infectious lesions, reproduction and development of bacteria, most often some species of cocci.
- Pain — with this type distinguish among the causes of labor; the flow of pain phlebitis is accompanied by severe pain.
- Migratory species — as well as the allergic form relates to the chronic varieties of the disease; it occurs with recurrences of periodically increasing inflammation in certain areas of the vessel.
- Injection — in this case, the disease develops after medical interventions: injections, catheterization, IV drips, etc.; inflammation develops as the body’s response to chemical and mechanical effects of the drug on human tissue
Causes inflammation of the vein in my arm
Phlebitis of the veins of the hands are most often associated with injection or allergic forms, as in inflammation of the veins of the lower extremities by reason of acts varicose blood vessels. Phlebitis on the upper extremities usually occurs as a complication after the dropper. The risk of development of inflammatory process depends on the size of the introduced catheter and venue manipulation. In addition, call the pathology can and overly aggressive fluid (the drug) or prolonged exposure of the catheter in the cavity of the vein. In some cases, the cause of the disease is lack of sterility of the procedure, which after medical procedures in the body gets the Candida, staphylococci, and enterococci. Among other factors influencing the development of inflammation and not related to medical interventions, it should be called:
- The abuse of physical activity, which acts on the veins excessively.
- Any pathology in which blood vessels are stretched — dilated veins are favorable environment for the inflammatory process.
- Ulcers, boils and other purulent skin diseases.
- Inflammation of internal organs.
- The period of carrying a child, etc.
Distinguish inflammation of the superficial and internal veins. Depending on which vessels are affected, will develop certain symptoms. Phlebitis of the superficial veins flows noticeable to the patient. Quickly enough there are pain and tension in the site of inflammation. The skin in the area of injury turns red and hot to the touch. Among other obvious symptoms also distinguish the General hyperthermia (elevated body temperature), weakness and dizziness. In the chronic form of the disease the symptoms are less pronounced and are observed only during periods of exacerbation.
If the patient has the acute form of phlebitis of internal veins, the site of inflammation becomes swollen and hot to the touch, which also causes pain. The main difference between these two types of disease in terms of symptoms in the skin color near the phlebitis. With the defeat of deep vessels she blushes, and Vice versa, becomes milk-white.
Treatment of phlebitis conservative, using medications. For therapy using non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs, antibacterial drugs (to prevent further infection), anticoagulants (prevent excessive blood clotting and the formation of blood clots). As physiotherapy activities prescribed peremanivanie hand elastic bandage is helps to restore blood flow.
I forgot about hypertension forever!
Oleg Tabakov has shared his secret to a successful struggle with high pressure.
If the affected Vienna is still infected, you may need additional treatments to prevent spasm and thrombosis of blood vessels, relieve inflammation and swelling, strengthen the venous circulation, improvement in blood density, restoration of lymph circulation. Assigned local application of heparin ointment and troxevazinum. If the cause of the phlebitis on the arm acts improperly performed injection, the patient is prescribed nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs. Depending on the complexity of the case they can be applied topically or orally.